Cardiovascular

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sm-1862.gif

San Marino - 2034

2c25f3d38f09f66644b96b30800aa164.png

0a22cd630d5e5516ca54390bedc37715.png

It was the year of the Nations League this year, and whilst we finished fairly strongly we couldn't snatch 2nd place largely in thanks to our inability to score against Andorra away from home. Ultimately, it was irrelevant though. Much like this competition.

Youth Intake 2035

wWCmLxQ.png

Starting to see less and less potential in the intakes which I think is a testament to the strength of our squad... or maybe the intakes are weaker? Who knows.

cRqRRdn.png

I like Galante. He might break into a central midfield spot in a few years.

hWvPadC.png

Raschi looks alright too. He won't ever be as good as Muccioli 32b, but he'll make good back up one day if not a partner.

0XHJ998.png

Pacy full back. Might be a starter in the future.

aaa6e421b5cd459da9941c83fd9d95dd.png

We've had a couple retirees so far in this save who weren't tagged, but this is the first tagged player to retire. Francioni 17b wasn't amazing but he was a solid first choice goalkeeper for four seasons or so and was a decent tutor. He won't make any hall of fame, but he'll be fondly missed. Similarly, we also lost Giuseppe Silvestri 19c although he only made 52 appearances, he never made quite the same impact.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2034/35

Fixtures 1/2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Super Coppa Final | Coppa Titano Final | Transfers | Finances

In terms of transfers, there was nothing groundbreaking that went down. We let some of the backup players leave for small fees and a couple of young lads went out on loan for the year. Domestically, we were superb again, just three victories shy from winning every game and a flawless season in the league. Despite this, we almost blew it in the playoffs as we were shocked by La Fiorita who knocked us out by a goal to nil. Fortunately, the San Marino system allowed us to claw our way back in and thrash them 5-1 in the final for sweet, sweet revenge.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 29 goals

Highest Average Rating - Tommaso Mazzocco - 7.83

Honourable Mentions - Fabio Gasperini 31b, Matteo Bologna

Gasperoni 23b was our top goalscorer yet again, this year scoring alot more in the league. Still had some quiet spells but they were few and far between. Has also proved himself to be fairly competent at putting a shift in at AMC if needed so there's that too. Mazzocco was superb again at full back, he's been outstanding for a couple of years now. The two young players earned their honourable mentions, both of them seemed to have a bit of a breakout year. Bologna in particular provided goals and assists aplenty from AMC and was a joy to watch at times.

San Marino in Europe

Tre Penne lost 4-1 on aggregate to Dudelange of Luxembourg, Libertas lost by a similar scoreline to Ruzomberok of Slovakia and finally, Slovenian side Celje defeated La Fiorita by that very same scoreline.

Around Europe

After an agonising 74 year wait, Spurs, managed by Siem de Jong, finally captured that elusive Premier League title they have been chasing. They won it on goal difference, ten goals ahead of second place Manchester City which rather harshly saw their manager, Cuca, shown the door. Arsenal were three points behind in third, Chelsea fourth, Liverpool fifth and West Ham sixth. Man Utd followed on from their disappointment last year with a disappointing 7th place finish. At the other end, Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and QPR were sent packing to the Championship.

Tottenham also picked up the EFL Cup by defeating Wolves in the final, while rivals Arsenal comfortably beat Brighton in the final of the FA Cup to bring the trophy to the Emirates.

Business as usual elsewhere with Bayern, PSG and Milan winning their respective leagues again with next to no competition to stop them.

In European competitions, West Ham reached their third consecutive Europa League final and finally managed to end their 'always the bridesmaid' run by squeezing by Fiorentina 1-0 thanks to an 89th minute winner. In the Champions League, the final went to extra time following a goalless 90 but PSG seized the initiative and scored twice to beat Chelsea 2-0.

Our squad is being decimated this year because the chairman keeps accepting paltry offers of £12k over my head. I've no idea what to do. :(

18f5a21d4e7940f1a5ea694641b0811a.png

Rondelli 21a was our captain and has been a key player since his arrival in 2021. He was a definite entry into the hall of fame I'm going to create, but not any more. Goodbye sweet prince. :(

sm-1862.gif

San Marino - 2035

1d360a3cd72634ccbbf6cf2cc3277fd8.png

00498c6dab30a3187271a8f080275b7c.png

I felt like this was a better year than the rest of them have been. A brilliant 3-0 win over Bosnia topped with a couple of good friendly victories and a point away at Belarus shows we are improving, and the fact we weren't the whipping boys who finished bottom supports that. Being critical, we should've beaten Belarus at home but overall this was a good qualification campaign.

Youth Intake - 2036

8LMbW64.png

Only a couple of tagged players this year and we didn't really get positions we needed after the destruction of our squad this year, which is a shame. However...

c0EQI5p.png

Holy crap!!! Look at those technicals!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how good he looks.. and only given two stars of CA. Is there room for improvement too? Probably the greatest ever player a San Marino side has produced.

WHsIxH1.png

He needs a helluva lot of work physically. Acceleration 5? Come on now.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2035/36

Fixtures 1/2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Coppa Titano Final | Super Coppa Final | Transfers | Finances

As you can see from the transfers screen, we were absolutely decimated in terms of first team squad members leaving. First team members Fabio Gasperini 31b, Mattia Rondelli 21a, Marco Chiaruzzi, Mattia Morri 34a and Alessandro Michelotti to other sides as well as the rest who were adequate rotation options. It left us fairly short and relying on young players to step up quickly.

They managed. Fabio Bologna 33b and Massimo Galante 35a both became first choice central midfielder and were a fantastic pairing. Andrea Tamagini stepped up on the left wing too and was brilliant. In the playoffs, we knocked out Tre Penne on penalties which set us up for a final showdon with... Tre Penne. :D It ended with us winning the treble again, although our finances leave alot to be desired. If our chairman carries on this charade of accepting players over my head, we could find ourselves struggling very soon.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 21 goals

Highest Average Rating - Tommaso Mazzocco - 7.71

Honourable Mentions - Andrea Tamagnini, Giacomo Muccioli 32b

Gasperoni 23b didn't get as much goals as he normally does this year, but this could be attributed to starting more games at AMC when required. Mazzocco was superb at left back, look at that average rating, he just fits in so well to the formation. As for Tamagnini, he needed to step up as a striker when Morri 34a left and didn't he just? 16 goals and 17 assists is a class return for someone who rotated between striker and left winger. Muccioli 32b is a class act at centre back, brilliant attributes and a great member of the squad. Hopefully he's here for years to come.

San Marino in Europe

La Fiorita lost 2-1 to Cork City of Ireland, they were pretty close to progression. Libertas lost 3-1 to Zrinjski of Bosnia and Foglore were scorched 7-0 by Scottish side Hearts.

Around Europe

Pep Guardiola guided Chelsea to the Premier League title with Arsenal second, Tottenham third and Manchester City 4th. West Ham finished fifth, Southampton sixth and Liverpool were down in 7th. Manchester United continued their struggles as they finished down in 9th under the guidance of manager Jason Lowe. Yeah, me neither... At the other end, Derby, Everton and Newcastle went down. Newcastle actually won the EFL Cup too and therefore will be competing in Europe next year from the Championship! Meanwhile, Liverpool brought the FA Cup to Anfield.

Elsewhere, it was similar stories. Milan won Serie A again although this year by just a single point from Juventus. PSG and Bayern both retained their titles as well but this was by more of a distance than Milan did.

The interesting stories came in the European competitions. Southampton won their first ever Europa League title after defeating Man Utd in the final, ensuring there was no European competition for the Red Devils next year. In the Champions League, West Ham won their first ever trophy by beating Tottenham in the final to bring the trophy to the Olympic Park for the first time! As a result of fifth and sixth place qualifying for the Champions League, 4th place Manchester City would only qualify for the Europa League... unlucky.

5fead6e779ddb34b9d394e4791cc6e01.png

Well.. that didn't go to plan. A stupid red card after half an hour saw us left in the lurch a bit but it was only 2-1 at half time... Our worst result since Pandurii beat us 6-0 in 2021. Onto the Europa League playoff. Hopefully we get a decent draw, our finances need uplifting.

d43fa22bd545ec7b5182bf8c65e75ab0.png

Considering our pot contained Gladbach and Salzburg, this was the easiest draw we could've gotten. It's Cesena's second time qualifying for Europe and I'm not sure how strong Cesena are or what our chances will be, most likely Cesena will win but I hope we'll give them a game. A better game than the Slavia Prague one for sure.

Squad Review - Goalkeepers

EzjfSSS.png9hudATZ.png

mKxmhj7.png

We're somewhat blessed in the goalkeeping department. Micheloni 30b is currently our number one - he developed into our best keeper out of nowhere about the tail end of 2033. Prior to that, I thought he was just going to be backup fodder but he sure proved me wrong. Conti 33a is probably our second choice, he just spent last season on loan at Oostende but had a shocking average rating of 5.47 from 12 appearances, no idea how that happened. Pedini 31a is third choice, nothing wrong with him whatsoever and I'd happily loan him out for a year if the offer came in.

Squad Review - Full Backs

2KjCGtg.pngDlRWxgo.png

xME4yfO.pngBKtU5O8.png

Mazzocco is currently our starter at left back and has been a top performer for the last couple of seasons, long may it continue. Outside of him, there's no real cover. Cervellini is there but he's pretty rubbish. Worrying if Tommasso gets a long term injury. On the other side, Cristian Longo has had that spot nailed down for 10 years and doesn't look like stopping. Venerucci 33c is more than adequate cover as well.

Squad Review - Centre Backs

Q4ivXbi.pngw05674b.png

2hqwWTk.png4Vem27H.png

Muccioli 32b is the obvious star man here, he's the best player in the squad at the moment. We fended off bids from Belgium early in his career but we haven't had any in a couple of years thankfully! Simoncini 24d has been a rock at the back for years. Almost feels like he's been here forever. Love his personality but it's a shame about his determination. Raschi 35b was pretty much thrown into the squad in his debut year to deputise for the 2 already mentioned starters but he's a solid backup. Tanghetti isn't ideal for fourth choice but we don't have much other options.

Squad Review - Central Midfield

TYDhxFb.pngV8jM3Y7.png

ljKrni3.png

This is our weakest position by far, entirely caused by our chairman selling every starting central midfielder we had. Galante 35a had a really good debut season when we needed him to the most. Bologna 33b was his partner but he's not that great. I can, and I think I probably will pull new arrival Valentini 36a back from attacking midfield to play here. It seems a bit criminal given his stats so I'll give him a few games at AMC as well. Zavoli is a back up option but he's also not that great.

Squad Review - Attacking Midfielders

o8Nbryw.pngmlgsLRa.png

Valentini 36a is so good to look at, think I could stare at those technical stats forever. Already turning down bids of over £100k and he hasn't kicked up a fuss about it (yet?) so hopefully we can hang onto him into January at least. Bologna has been solid for us in the AMC spot for a few seasons now although he has seemed a touch injury prone. Gasperoni 23b can also play here if necessary.

Squad Review - Wingers

XEklSbm.pngnsYJXKS.png

bWke7ED.pngqmpNsvU.png

We're pretty stacked with talent on the wings. Francionio 26c and Ciacci 32a both rotate in the right wing spot. Both were billed as 5 star players when they came through and I think, given they're still here, they fell short of expectations a bit. Still, they are top players for us. Tamagnini is our first choice on the left wing. He was converted from striker to left winger as soon as he came through our academy and he's quite good. Sometimes gets a spell up top if we have injuries. Cecchetti is a capable stand in when this happens.

Squad Review - Strikers

T8ZuVGb.pngwlixhIo.png

When Gasperoni 23b came through our youth system all those years ago, I didn't expect converting him to a striker would make such an impact. But he's been fantastic on all accounts and he's made himself a Cailungo legend by becoming record appearance maker and goalscorer. It will be a sad day when he hangs up his boots, but hopefully we get a few more years out of him yet. Negro 31c is an impact sub, he doesn't get much starts. I prefer Tamagnini up front if Gasperoni 23b is injured.

So the squad review is done! As you can see, we have a strong core group of players who are excellent for the club but currently we're lacking with rotation or back up options. Need a couple of positions strengthened from the youth intake in the coming years, mainly central midfield, left back and centre back.

Former Players

I keep track of all players that leave the club in a shortlist just for curiousity, so let me tell you what some of our freebirds have done since they spread their wings. Obviously, we have an extortionate amount of players bouncing around other Sammarinese clubs so I'm only going to be covering those who went abroad.

gPMdPhr.png

Marco Francioni was the first man to leave for pastures new in Italy, he joined Lega Pro Girone A side (that's a mouthful) Pordenone where he spent two seasons, one of which he was first choice. He was then released and switched to Palmese (RC) in the Girone C league where he spent three seasons as first choice before being released again. He landed at his current club Reggina after that where he's currently first choice. Reggina are a solid midtable team so he's done alright I'd say.

DslHqCQ.png

Moretti 28a left us in 2030 to join Zulte Waregem on a free. He was a really good player for us, and as you can tell from the screenshot, he still it. He made a grand total of 6 appearances for them before being released and joining Westerlo in the Belgian second tier. He made two appearances for them in his one season spell before he landed at Geel, who I think are third tier, where he appears to be settled in as a first choice midfielder.

u86qFk3.png

Costantini 29a left us in the same summer that Moretti 28a did, also heading for Belgium. He has bounced around teams and made zero league appearances since making the switch 6 years ago. KV Mechelen were his first club before he left them to join Cercle Brugge for a year before landing at Westerlo.

rlVZtPw.png

Morri 34a was the most recent of our transfer abroad save for Valentini 36a, he barely had a chance to flourish before OHL snapped him up. Or perhaps more accurately, our chairman sold him for peanuts. Probably to fund some sort of sugar addiction. He's made three league appearances in Belgium so far and still has buckets of time to make his mark.

Obviously, Valentini 36a has joined them but you don't need to see him yet. The wounds still fresh. :(

Archived