Missing players

• SI Staff

He's at Schalke now. ;)

Thanks for the report Mark - what leagues are you running in the save where he doesn't appear?

Are you also running a large database? This can be seen in the Preferences -> Startup Configuration if you're not sure. 

Cheers,

Jamie

EDIT: For what it's worth - he shows up for me on a large DB with Germany as one of the secondary nations loaded (England primary)

The Database is still as bad as it's been for years. Playing in England, especially the Lower league's club who sign lots of Scottish players and clicking on any Scottish Premier League team and like four years ago, only three or four players loaded. 

Also with Scotland being such a small nation you would expect every Scottish player in the game to be loaded but that's not the case, Brentford's Scottish midfield Lewis MaCleod (£3.6m) isn't loaded in a Scottish only database but other Brentford players, valued at much less than him are loaded, doesn't make sense. Ryan Gauld (£10m) is another player you would expect to see as one of the most expensive Scottish players when Scotland is loaded as a league but again that's not the case. 

I get that it's because it's too hard / complicated to change it because it uses the main database but there's been no improvement in this area for years. 

The large / small database makes no difference either, which is disappointing as phones can handle so much more these days. 

14 hours ago, Jamie King said:

He's at Schalke now. ;)

Thanks for the report Mark - what leagues are you running in the save where he doesn't appear?

Are you also running a large database? This can be seen in the Preferences -> Startup Configuration if you're not sure. 

Cheers,

Jamie

EDIT: For what it's worth - he shows up for me on a large DB with Germany as one of the secondary nations loaded (England primary)

Right mine was not on large database I've changed it but he's still not showing neither is schalke as well do I have to restart the game from the beginning ?

• SI Staff

Yea, I'm afraid you'll have to start a new game with the Large Database option switched on for that to take effect. 

(Also due to licensing Schalke appear as Gelsenkirchen -  but we're not allowed to discuss that any further on these forums. ;) )

4 minutes ago, Jamie King said:

Yea, I'm afraid you'll have to start a new game with the Large Database option switched on for that to take effect. 

(Also due to licensing Schalke appear as Gelsenkirchen -  but we're not allowed to discuss that any further on these forums. ;) )

Right ok I will try it now thanks for the help.

Mark

• SI Staff

When choosing your available nations at the start of game setup ( screenshot http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-mobile-new-nations) you should be able to select up to 4 different nations here?

Unless your device doesn't support multi-league? But if it can handle large database - that seems unlikely. 

Archived