[FM17] The Next Great Scandinavian Destination

Willigenburg

hb.png

Havnar Bóltfelag

Bio

Havnar Bóltfelag (HB) is a Faroese football club, based in the Faroe Island capital city, Tórshavn. The team is currently playing in the Effodeildin, the top tier of Faroese football. The club was founded in October 1904 and is one of the most successful clubs in the Faroe Island.

The club started out by playing friendlies and cup games against other teams, since the islands didn't have an organized tournament before 1942. The club entered the organized tournament and haven't left it since (as the only Faroese club). The first title was secured in 1955 and titles have been coming in ever since. A total of 22 championship titles fills the cabinet, with the latest being in 2013.

The last couple of years have been a bit less successful, with a 2nd place in 2014 and a 4th place in 2015. Other clubs are taking the fight up with HB and the Effodeildin is closer than ever, as the clubs aim for European games and the money that follows.

Stadium

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Gundadalur_Stadium%2C_Torshavn_01.jpg

Gundadalur consists of two fields. Ovari Vøllur is the main field and is the home ground of HB. Niðari vøllur is mostly used for training and reserve/U18 matches.

Aims

Short term:

• Win the Effodeildin
  • Complete the treble

Long term:

• Enter an European Group Stage
  • Win an European competition
  • Improve the Faroe Island as much as possible
  • Keep the flow of Faroese players for other nations high.

Transfer Rules

• I can buy any Faroese players
  • I can buy any player, who has been playing in the Faroese at some point
  • I can only buy other foreign players in their teens (until they turn 20)
  • I can loan any players from affiliated clubs
  • I can only loan foreign players in their teens
  • I should always try to sell/loan out to Faroese clubs before foreign (we want to improve as a country)

Season Effodeildin Løgmanssteypið Stórsteypadystur Champions League Europa League Youth Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment Training Facilities Club Ranking Club Reputation League Reputation League Ranking Estimated Value Ticket Price Season Ticket Price Season Ticket Holders
2016 3rd Fjorðingsfinala - - Third Qualifying Round Poor Average Limited Below Average 321 1* 113 1½* £375K £9 £116 310
2017 1st Hálvfinala - - Second Qualifying Round Poor Average Basic Below Average 310 1* 105 1½* £625K £9 £114 312
2018 1st 1. Umfar Won Second Qualifying Phase - Poor Good Basic Below Average 303 1* 96 1½* £875K £9 £116 400
2019 1st Won Won Playoff 3rd in Group Stage Poor Good Basic Below Average 265 1½* 86 1½* £6.25M £10 £128 446

hb.png

Effodeildin 2016 Preseason

HU2G5Kn.png

With everything setup I started the preseason by arranging several friendlies. We already had a friendly against Danish side, FC Midtjylland (who happens to be my favourite team), which would be a monster against any Faroese team. I arranged some friendlies against teams as good as us and one against a weaker team. It didn't really go as expected. The losses against TB, ÍF and Skála were annoying, especially because we weren't creating any good chances. The win against Giza Hoyvík was expected, while the loss against FC Midtjylland was one of our best performances.

Staff

R7n9Rdk.png

Assistant Manager | HOYD | Chief Scout

I started out with only an assistant manager, a B-team manager and an U18 manager. Generally speaking I've been able to find some good staff members. The HoYD is a fairly sporting personality. It was either that or balanced.

Players

cu5LNZm.png

Compared to the squad from FM16 several older players have been replaced with younger alternatives. We do have a good balance between young and old, but the depth of the squad is a bit of a concern. I've already gone and strengthened our defense and is currently looking at potential wingers. The window is open for another month, so I have time to find the right players. I'll also be trying to unload a couple of unwanted players and try to sort the youth players out.

According to the contracts and my assistant manager, these are the key players on the team. I tend to agree, although we do have a couple of other players who will play an important role.

Johan Troest Davidsen

Team captain and last defense. This guy is overall the best player in the team. Both his mental and physical stats are good for the Effodeildin. I would love to use him as a Ball Playing Defender, but his technical stats are not really up for that. I'll have a hard time keeping him, as several clubs are already interested in him and he's slightly concerned because he wants to move to a bigger club.

Teitur Matras Gestsson

Probably one of the best Faroese goalkeepers (after Gunnar Nielsen). He's young and has been with the club since 2011. He'll be one of the important players in the coming seasons, since I can't really get any foreigners to sign. I like my keepers as Sweeper Keepers and his first touch and passing is a bit worrying.

Tróndur Jensen

A very important figure on one of the CM spots. He'll be the guy that controls our midfield and will hopefully break the opponents midfield apart. The low concentration is a problem, but no one is flawless in the Faroe Islands ;) . He managed to score a couple of goals from the distance in the preseason, so I'm hoping for a couple of goals from him throughout the season.

Ári Mohr Jónsson

One of the best Full Backs I have available. He's currently the only one good enough to play at the left and I'm looking for a backup for him. I expect some overlaps and a few assists from him with those physical stats and the crossing.

As a note, this will run with 2-3 updates per season. One preseason, one midseason and one endseason. I'll also post anything that I feel is important enough to post :) If you want to see anything, please tell me and I'll upload screenshots.

14 hours ago, The Silence Of The Allams said:

I'd love to manage the Faroese national team one day. For a future career I might use this database. I will definitely be following.

I actually did manage the national team last year, but it was so hard. There were no development in the youth on the islands and the youth players coming through the system was a lot worse than the current players in the game. The national team really started dropping 15-20 years into the save.

Midseason update will be up today or tomorrow!

hb.png

Havnar Bóltfelag

Effodeildin 2016 - Midseason

jhyL2nL.png

1ApGwvV.png

Both a lousy start and a lousy end to the first half of the season means we are currently placed 6th, floating in midtable. We've had some ups and downs, but I do believe that this tactic is the right for the team. Most annoying games was the 4-4 against Víkingur and the 3-2 against ÍF, where we started out great and scored a couple before the opponent hit us back. Highlight is definably the 7-1 win against KÍ, but also the 2-0 win against AB. Our exit from the cup was disappointing, but not that important, since I wasn't expecting us to win it yet.

Tactics

BidTSVU.png

I'm trying to implement a 4-3-3/4-5-1 heavily influenced by a tactic I saw online. I want my team to be ball playing, but still be able to finish when they should. We are closing our opponent down a lot and are trying to capture the ball high on the pitch. It has worked out in some games, but as the next screenshot shows we do have some problems.

Players

lOygQAc.png

We've had some good games, partly due to Mouritsen and Justinussen scoring the goals. Benjaminsen has also been an important figure on the defensive midfield, where he's breaking the opponents game nicely. On the negative side we seems to have a defense and a goalie, who are bad with the ball. Our goalies pass percentage is 34 % and our defenders are falling in at around 60-70 %, which is the lowest on the team. This is something we need to work on, as passing is really important in our current tactic.

Finances

ob3VxFp.png

Well, finances in the Faroese.. What do you do.. We actually started with some money, but lost most of them during the following months. We need games in Europe to actually make this profitable.

hVh80K1.png

We're up against Icelandic side Breidablik in Europe! I was hoping for something easy, but as a Faroese team that's very rare. Breidablik is definably one of the better choices and we could surprise against them.

hb.png

Havnar Bóltfelag

Effodeildin 2016 - End of season

4dCLpRd.png         bRTxv0n.png

The tactics really began to show off in the second half of the season. We were winning a lot more and were often dominating our opponents, who weren't creating many CCC. We're often conceding late goals, which is a bit annoying. But right now, as long as we are winning I'm happy. We're aiming for a title next season and the squad is definably capable of doing that! The good run towards the end of season saw us moving from 6th to 3rd only just short of the second place. We did get into Europe again, which is very important, both for our finances and our reputation. Highlights of the season are the 7-1 victory over TB, but also 3-1 against local rivals B36 and the important 3-1 away victory over KÍ.

UEFA Europa League

mcmFEJa.png

We had a fantastic run in Europa League. Breidablik was far easier than first thought and we basically ran them over at home. We then drew Lichtenstein side Vaduz and did actually manage to create a result against them. A Vaduz player was sent off after 4 minutes of play at home, which meant we were in control. The away game was far more nail biting and we were being pressured throughout the game, but managed a draw. We then traveled to Italy and Serie A team Sassoulo, who was far better than us. We were behind 4-1 at half time, but managed to bag two more before the final whistle. In the home game we were in front two times, but ended up in a bitter loose, thereby throwing us out of Europe for this time. I am however happy about how we played and the fact that we were able to beat Vaduz!

Key Players

Overall, we've been having a lot of good play this season, but four players stood out. Teit Jacobsen had 20 starters, with 5 goals, 5 assists and 2 PoM. He's only 18 years old, but is already one of our most important players when building our game. He's good at passing and fits our advanced playmaker position perfectly. He's definably a player for future seasons and I hope he'll continue his high level and keep developing. I wasn't really expecting much of Christian Restoff Mouritsen when we started the season. I was actually going to find a replacement for him, since I didn't feel he was good enough. But his 25 starters, 8 goals, 10 assists and 3 PoM really showed me that he fits this system very well. Bartal Wardum is also a man of the future. He's set for the defensive midfield for the next season. 2 PoM, 3 goals and 5 assists from him in a good season. Lastly, Adrian Justinussen took over the attacking position, even though he is the youngest attacker in my first team. He bagged 11 in 20 starters and even had 4 assists. He's also good as a deep lying attacker and will often fall deep to gather the ball and distribute it to our wingers.

Transfers

FL2gx4c.png

Got rid of some of the unneeded players, but I still have a lot to do. Aron Knudsen and Ari Olsen are players for the future, hopefully developing into first team players. Poul Noelsøe Mikkelsen is one of my main players in defense and will be for the next seasons to come. Filip Djordjevic was brought in to cover the right wing and challenge Christian Restoff Mouritsen. He's very talented compared to many other Faroese players. Lastly, Patrick Toh and Teitur Jespersen Olsen was brought in as backups in positions where we were a bit thin. Sadly, we lost our team captain, Jóhan Troest Davidsen, as he wanted to move to a bigger club. He moved to the Belgian Pro League, which is a good move. I believe he'll have a hard time there - he's simply not good enough. We only got 7k for him, but again.. That's the life in a small league.

Youth

CnzzImD.png

The club had a youth intake in September and the quality of most of the players was lower than I had hoped for. We did however get a goalie and a midfielder, who had some potential. Martin Brix does have a good potential, although I don't really see him getting through without some big changes. Andrass Johansen does, on the other hand seem to have both the current ability and potential to go into the first team at some point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it for the first season. I'm hoping to sign a new defender and maybe a new midfielder for the new season. Also to load off some of all the player that I don't need.

Friendlies - January/February 2017

cxzBJJf.png

I arranged 7 friendlies for the preseason. We took them all. Especially good was the 1-0 against NSÍ, last seasons Effodeildin winners. I was happy with our play in most of the game. We had more than 50% possession in all friendlies and were able to create chances. At the same time our defense seems to be picking up and are finally able to keep our opponents away from our goal.

Transfers Winter 2017

Dxox73s.png

I used most of the winter transfer unloading players I didn't need. This means that a whooping 27 players left. Some of them were backups for the first team, but most of them were just players sitting in the second team and youth players with no potential. On the in side I got Erling D. Jacobsen and John Daniel Guðjónsson who joined from Víkingur and ÍF. Jacobsen will go straight into the first team, while Guðjónsson will be loaned out for this season. 32. Michal Przybylski and Bertuel Hansen joined us to strengthen the midfield. Hansen will be competing with Wardum on the defensive midfield, while Przybylski will be a backup. Finally two youth players joined. Aksel Bjartalíð Danielsen plays in center midfield or on the left. He's a guy with a lot of potential, but for now he'll be playing in the U18's and reserves. The same is the case with goalkeeper Bárður á Reynatrøð, who joined us from Víkingur.

Effodeildin - March 2017

Ehj7e4f.png

Three victories and two losses in the first month of the new season. Especially happy about the 7-0 game, with five goals coming from the midfielders and wingers. Not so happy about the 2-3 loss against local rivals B36. We were in front and winning, but the conceded two goals in the first 10 minutes of second half.

Effodeildin - April 2017

7aYL4Z1.png

XgCnWqk.png

Seven games in a month.. Rotating the players a lot, even though our results didn't reflect that. We're on track and at the top of the league, with 3 points to second. We're also moving on in Løgmanssteypið after a 2-1 victory over ÍF. Our goalkeeper basically gave them the goal in that game, just look for yourself.

Effodeildin - May 2017

FbSQtnN.png

hhw69jH.png

Still in first with three points clear. We didn't loose this month, but I was unhappy with the 1-1 in the first leg of Hálvfinala against Víkingur. We managed to win over local rivals B36, which is always nice.

Effodeildin - June 2017

khnblHL.png

UxxT0E7.png

Not much going on in the league. We won our only league game, but lost in the second leg of the cup. Europa League is starting now and we drew Dundee in the first qualifying round. A good victory where Mouritsen scored on a penalty in the 89th minute and Hansen secured the victory three minutes into the added time. We've put ourself in a good position to move into the next round, where Molde from Norway is the most likely opponent.

Transfers - Summer 2017

WQCJDLP.png

Nothing much happened in the summer transfer window. Fróði Benjaminsen retired at age 39, with 223 league appearances for HB. Bárður á Reynatrøð was loaned out, since he now have the current ability to compete in the Effodeildin. He'll hopefully get some match experience in Skála and return to be the backup for Gestsson.

Effodeildin - July 2017

QU9NXaN.png

a47Em6u.png

Again a month with lots of games. I was expecting a close match against Dundee after the 2-1 game in June, but things just went our way. We outplayed them for an aggregated win of 9-1 :o We then drew Molde and had two very close games against them, but they ultimately showed their quality and beat us. At the same time we managed to keep Víkingur under us in the league.

Effodeildin - August 2017

HskKuBu.png

PBjxjSs.png

Another good month, where we defended our position at the top. We won against Víkingur, but sadly lost against local rivals B36. We've got three games left and will hopefully secure our first title in four years!

Youth intake 2017

I030Zhg.png

Not that impressed with our youth intake this year. We have some players with a bit of potential, but no one shines through as a potential star. I would say that Heri Thomsen and Magnus Poulsen are the best players, but my assistant manager suggests some other players. I'll sign some of them, just to see where they'll go.

Effodeildin - September 2017

Vpp04lq.png

iqDmPna.png

We did it! The first title won! A good month with wins all around. We ended with a seven point lead and secured the title in the game against ÍF. The Faroese league system will lay low for October, November and December - Vacation time! :cool:

Effodeildin 2017 Season Review

HbCWopZ.png

A good season, where we met expectations, but not much more. We won the Effodeildin, but didn't win the Løgmanssteypið. We lost to Molde in the second qualifying round of Europa League. It is good to see that our average attendance is above 1.000 and that we are filling the stadium by 22%. Another interesting thing is that the reserve team won the 2. Deild and the U18 team won both the league and the cup!

zfWeZwg.png9sPWw4s.png

Filip Djordjevic has been on fire since he joined us a year ago. Despite playing on the wing, he's been able to score 15 goals, which is far more than our attackers (second place is the opposite wing). Assists coming both from the midfield and the wingers mostly. It is also worth noting that Teitur Matras Gestsson is now the player with the highest pass completion - last season he was the one with the lowest. The small tactical changes have really made an impact.

k0yzC1o.png

WFooDC9.png

Key Players:

Erling D. Jacobsen | Filip Djordjevic | Jógvan Rói Davidsen | Ari Mohr Olsen

@endtime Thanks! I've actually been able to secure most of my players to new part-time contracts through this season and last season, so I'll have another year to negotiate new contracts. We'll only be parting with Páll Mohr Joensen and Arnbjørn Theodor Hansen this winter.

hb.png

Effodeildin 2018 - Preview

ZezR1z9.png

We had some friendlies against mostly lower level teams. We won every one of them and most of them with a good margin. Our midfielders are bagging loads of goals right now, which is exactly what I want to see!

Transfers

VrghN1v.png

Again, lots of deadwood left. The only one I could have kept was Arnbjørn Theodor Hansen, who was actually a pretty decent stricker. But he was demanding too much and was getting a bit old. I sold Teitur Matras Gestsson, since he wanted to move to a bigger club and was making some noise about it. Didn't find any new keeper to get in. Poul Nolsøe Mikkelsen and Filip Djordjevic was loaned out, again because they wanted to move to bigger clubs. The rest of the loans were backup players who would get more game time out on loan.

We secured Atli Gregersen as a backup in the defense. Yes, he's 35, but he's only going to stay with us, while Mikkelsen is out. And he's decent for a center back in the Faroe Island! We also got Jákup B. Andreasen in on a free. He fits the role of advanced playmaker perfectly and will be getting games there.

Overall a quiet transfer window. It was nice finally getting rid of all the deadwood. Of course it's going to be interesting to see how the team reacts to missing three key players, but I think we'll manage.

Team

wEHVIL0.pngijMXmOC.png

The transfers leaves us with a squad that's a bit thin in some places. Generally, we're a young team, with an average age of just 22.5. It'll be interesting to see how this young team will do. Our keeper is really young, but I do believe he's ready to do this. Our defense is changes a bit, but we should be able to keep it together. The midfield is the same as last season and they're really finding each other. I'm expecting goals from Olsen, Justinussen and Mouritsen up top, but also from both Jacobsen and Jensen from the midfield.

Staff

en1Jp8O.png

Well... The club is allowing it and we do have the money to keep them :D

Club

Ke0G87F.png

Affiliation | Facilities

We're moving forward in the world! Several more season tickets sold and improving reputation. We've also secured an affiliation with a 1. Deild team to send some players on loan if needed. Our facilities are the same as we started.

If you want screenshots of anything, just tell me and I'll post them :onmehead:

March 2018

z7bIDV9.png

bOKpZ2N.png

We won our second title! Also, a near perfect month! We only let one goal in and managed to win almost all of our games. Christian Restorff Mouritsen has been flying since Djordjevic left us and managed to secure two goals against local rivals B36. We're off to a great start in this season!

April 2018

U9I2jlK.png

mG13GJr.png

Our first loss! We were playing bad against KÍ and they were playing better than ever. Ari Mohr Olsen took revenge in the next game by scoring a real hat-trick. We're strolling along in the league with a six point lead. Jógvan Rói Davidsen was injured at the start of the month and will be out for 5 to 7 weeks with a torn groin muscle. Adrian Justinussen will be out for 5 to 8 days with a bruised head.

May 2018

0JtQx0v.png

eZuFhpw.png

We're still in front, now with a 9 point margin. No defeats in this month in the league, although we did have some problems along the way. We're out of the cup again. It just doesn't seem like something we will win. Tróndur Jensen is out for up to three weeks with a sprained ankle, while Jógvan Rói Davidsen and Teit Jacobsen are returning from injuries very soon.

June 2018

FIEJrlh.png

lKbLhEK.png

June is always a slow month in this league. Only two games, but they were both a blast! We lost 6-5 to B36 (despite being in front 4-1) and win 6-3, with Justinussen scoring four goals. We keep first place and our lead is now on 11 points.

@craigd84 Yea, mine too!

July 2018

5dHPdGi.png

JLrXbAz.png

I love the new game engine! It seems to create a lot of diverse games and lots of interesting games! We're still rolling in the league with top spot and an 11 point gap. We drew SK Rapid Wien in Champions League and I expected nothing from it. We managed to get a 3-3 in Austria and were so close to moving on. In the first minute of our home match this happened, a stupid own goal from our keeper. They then scored another before we hit it. With 25 minutes to go one of their players got a second yellow and we were now pressing on to bring the second goal home. We were so close! Jónsson secured a penalty, but Olsen missed and we didn't get another chance to bring the final one home. We're out for now, but showed great class against a far better team.

Transfers

Summer transfers are over, but I've got nothing to show. We didn't buy, nor sell any and no one went on loan.

@ManUtd1 Its been alright. Clubs abroad have only been looking at my most important players. I've had four players move abroad because they were complaining, but two of them were on loan. Its actually more the players on key-player contracts that wants to move out and not the high-performing players.

August 2018

SgFej8G.png

jYDqX43.png

We took the title with four games to go and even better, in a win against local rivals B36. It is clear that the fans found this game interesting, as we hit the second highest attendance this season. We've beaten two records as a team - highest number of victories and highest number of points gained. NSÍ took the cup this seasons and are ready for EL football next year.

Youth Intake 2018

mYeizD4.png

Gunnar Olsen | Jákup Andrias í Liða | Áron Cornette | Leivur Olsen | Niklas Simonsen | Brandur Gong | Bjarni Jákupsson

Símun Danielsen | David Jacobsen | Jákup Sørensen

I was surprised that I actually got two players with more than one start rating! Gunnar Olsen is looking alright - we have to work on his personality, but he might actually be starting some games next season already. I don't see the same as my coaches do, when it comes to Jákup Andrias í Liða - his stats are a bit too low right now and the casual personality is a problem. The rest of the lot.. well.. they're alright, but I don't believe they'll work their way to the first team. I'll probably load them of to other clubs at some point - I'll keep everyone with a potential rating of 3 for now.

September 2018

kH7nJsW.png

lv4nMcP.png

Last game of the year. We took a victory and ended as clear champions. We're now ready for another season in champions league. Next up is a transfer window where I'll have to try and keep my squad together and add a bit of depth here and there.

hb.png

Effodeildin 2018 - Review

x2JEO83.png

What a year. We won 20 games and managed to only loose three. We scored 73 goals and had a goal difference of +45. Both B36 and KÍ tried to keep up with us, but we were too strong. We lost in the second qualifying round against SK Rapid Wien, but fought well. We won the super cup, but is still missing the domestic cup. Our average attendance is up from last year too!

Awards

dO5Xk3z.png7SfA77X.pngnIG13w3.png

20 goals from the inside forward wing and 11 assists from the winger wing! This team is really capable of doing something! Mouritsen was selected as player of the season - He played very good in the absent of Djordjevic.

Team

9ahZxGh.png

Still a young team. Bartal Wardum played the most as a lone defensive midfielder. Bárður á Reynatrøð came in as a young inexperienced goalkeeper and haven't touched ground since! He's been playing far better than expected. Adrian Justinussen is also noted for 18 goals as the attacker up front, while Jákup B. Andreasen has been delivering assists from the advanced playmaker position mid field.

Key players

Bartal Wardum | Erling D. Jacobsen | Christian Restorff Mouritsen | Jákup B. Andreasen

All time best

UK58gU4.png

hb.png

Effodeildin 2019 - Preseason

RJkkeSf.png

Decided to do a cup with STVV (part of the transfer agreement for Gestursson was arranging a friendly). We ended up winning it on penalties. The rest of the games were against domestic teams and went as expected.

enliCvq.png

I feel that both the Stórsteypadystur and the Løgmanssteypið would be nice to win this season, but the board just wants us to win the Effodeildin.

Transfers

4E7mZ0G.png

Kristian Joensen in on a free. He was too good to let it pass. He'll be first keeper this season if everything goes as expected. Thomsen left at the end of his contract and Gregersen retired at the end of last season. We loaned out a few players, but else a quiet window.

Effodeildin - March 2019

ReZSYTH.png

8cWKrVS.png

Off to a great start! Won the Stórsteypadystur against NSÍ after beating them in the league. We then continued our good run and had a clean month. In the league, B36 is off to a great start too and are currently top of the table.

Effodeildin - April 2019

lFcYS09.png

BK2UWZT.png

TaYXu8c.png

We're still unbeaten. Wardum was sent off in the game against KÍ, which basically 'lost' it for us. We're playing beautiful football right now and are top of the league.

Effodeildin - May 2019

ZBbkVuB.png

o8MIBjh.png

NSTnqm6.png

Lots of games this month! We're still unbeaten, even with player rotation. B36 are trying to keep up with us in the league, but we're just too strong right now.

Archived