FM 17 - Ireland Pyramid Structure

adineen98

Hi everyone,

For those of you who have managed in the League of Ireland, I'm sure you'll have quickly become bored of the league quickly, for reasons such as poor prize money, lack of team variety, and no pyramid structure. 

Well, I'm delighted to tell you all that myself and BoyInGreen are working together to put an end to this. We're creating a massive new structure for the LOI, which will eventually be incorporated into an All-Ireland system in the later updates of this database.

The initial structure is as follows:

• Premier Division: 10 teams, 36 matches
  • First Division: 14 teams, 32 matches
  • National League North/South: 12 teams each, 32 matches 

PLEASE NOTE: This is a work in progress. This thread has been set up to introduce the structure to everyone and give you all a flavour of what is to come. The final update shouldn't be too long in coming, however, and many more divisions and cups will be added along the way.

The structure will continue on as follows:

• 4th tier: 3 regional divisions, divided up into North West, South and East divisions
  • 5th tier: 6 regional divisions, with the above divisions divided into more regionalised divisons
  • 6th tier: 12 regional divisions, with the divisions now even more localised

Further tiers will more than likely follow the structure of the 6th tier

The cups will be as follows:

• FAI Senior Cup: open to all teams
  • FAI Intermediate Cup: open to teams in tiers 2 to 5
  • FAI Junior Cup: open to teams in tiers 6 and below
  • EA Sports Cup: open to teams in tiers 1 and 2, possibly tier 3
  • There is the also the possibility of regional cups

The file for the initial structure is attached, and once again remember, the file is unfinished, it's a taster file, so don't go starting any saves with it! If anyone has any suggestions for us, feel free to let us know :)

581dca731e6cb_IrelandExpansion_6A9F14F9-0B96-4120-86D4-FF4B3B6194A5.fmf

UPDATE: SECOND VERSION OF COMPLETED STRUCTURE

Here is the second version of the file. There has been some adjustment to the leagues, the issue with promotion/relegation playoffs has been fixed, and Northern Ireland is now playable. Also, tomorrow I'm won't be around for a few days so unfortunately the chances are I won't be able to respond until Tuesday evening at the earliest.

To download the file, click on the link and when the download has completed, move the file to the file called "editor data" in the FM17 file located in "My Documents" 

League of Ireland Pyramid - AR V2_FA94590A-761A-4676-878D-9AE45AB81020.fmf

UPDATE: ALL IRELAND LEAGUE

This competition contains the teams from the first two divisions of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Group stage takes place in November after the LOI season finished (NI leagues take a break while the competition runs) with the knockout stage in February before the LOI season starts (again, NI leagues take a break)

All-Ireland League Final_8CAF3461-3998-4D37-B3DB-5668110FA7CB.fmf

For the record:

If you add all(and I do mean ALL, if you leave any out it won't work) Northern Irish teams to an Rep Ireland league, and change their nation, but NOT(again, this is absolutely key) thier based nation or continental cup nation, to Rep Ireland, then the highest placed Northern Irish teams will still be given a European spots based on the NI co-efficient, even if said teams finishes mid-table in a lower division, or are relegated. Or in the case a NI team wins the league, then the highest place Rep Ireland teams will get European spots  based up the co-efficient.

Hell, I made a British League using this method and a team in the Conference managed to get a UEFA Cup spot from being the 4th highest placed Welsh team.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just a quick update on this

It's still going ahead don't worry, we've both been extremely busy, but the database is motoring along nicely now; there are now 5 division levels in the structure with more to come, along with over 500 clubs

On 11/23/2016 at 06:06, Dave Fairbairn said:

For the record:

If you add all(and I do mean ALL, if you leave any out it won't work) Northern Irish teams to an Rep Ireland league, and change their nation, but NOT(again, this is absolutely key) thier based nation or continental cup nation, to Rep Ireland, then the highest placed Northern Irish teams will still be given a European spots based on the NI co-efficient, even if said teams finishes mid-table in a lower division, or are relegated. Or in the case a NI team wins the league, then the highest place Rep Ireland teams will get European spots  based up the co-efficient.

Hell, I made a British League using this method and a team in the Conference managed to get a UEFA Cup spot from being the 4th highest placed Welsh team.

Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 21:43, Sophomore said:

Sounds great, good luck!

Thanks!

21 hours ago, SRVRG said:

oh this sounds very cool, is the file at the top ready for use?

No, that was the first file to give people an idea of what we were doing, however another file should be on the way soon!

On 11/9/2016 at 21:02, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Continental rules are tricky to use and get right. 

As long as we don't get any crash dumps, I won't mind how tricky they'll be!

On 11/16/2016 at 17:49, PresidentConor said:

I worked on an All-Ireland league based on counties which was pretty good, gave them all 20 youth recruitment and had 0 foreign players to make them as local as possible. There were also Secondary Divisions for Provincial Championships 

How did you have them have 0 foreign players?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2017 at 15:36, Sophomore said:

How are things going Adineen, if I may ask?

Next week or so it should hopefully be up. Tomorrow I will edit the last version of the file I have (contains 5/6 Division levels) and post it as a rough version of what the system will look like. I wouldn't recommend starting a save with it, but it will give anyone interested a good idea of what the completed file will be like, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

16 hours ago, adineen98 said:

Next week or so it should hopefully be up. Tomorrow I will edit the last version of the file I have (contains 5/6 Division levels) and post it as a rough version of what the system will look like. I wouldn't recommend starting a save with it, but it will give anyone interested a good idea of what the completed file will be like, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Sounds great, thanks for the update!

On 23/11/2016 at 06:06, Dave Fairbairn said:

For the record:

Hi all,

I'm creating a similar database with a UK league system. I've added all teams from playable leagues in Wales, Scotland, and N. Ireland to a modified England system (spread over 10 leagues). Also marked all British leagues not being used as 'extinct'. After running a few test seasons, I've noticed that the European representatives are pretty random - e.g. Linfield finished 17th in League Three, and Cliftonville 24th, yet Cliftonville qualified for Europe and Linfield didn't!

Will it only work if I add teams from non-playable leagues to the pyramid system too?

P.S. After every test run, both Celtic and Rangers were relegated from the top division and 2nd division respectively :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the work you're putting into this but I'm not one for fantasy unfortunately, but I understand a realistic Irish Lower Leagues was created for FM16 and I'm wondering if there's one planned for FM17. Good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry for how long this has take but I can finally confirm the first version of the file has been completed :)

Some information on the file:

• 16 tierss in total (last 3 levels are Dublin based)
  • First two tiers are nation-wide, 3rd tier is split into a north/south basis, 4th tier is split into an east/south/north-west basis, 5th tier into 6 regions, and the remaining tiers into 12 regions
  • FAI Cup for the first 4 tiers, Intermediate Cup for the next 3, Junior Cup for the remaining (Senior Cup contains roughly 200 or so teams, Intermediate and Junior Cup roughly 400 each), a League Cup and the Munster and Leinster Senior Cups
  • The file was verified in basic rules only; I'm having trouble with my editor when I try to verify the file in advanced rules
  • For now, this is a Republic only structure. As I said, I'm having trouble with my editor which is making this difficult to work with, and for some reason, Northern Ireland is unplayable because of a lack of teams in the Munster Senior League (which has completely baffled me)
  • The youth rating of Ireland has been boosted to reflect general improvement in Irish football

Again, I'm extremely sorry for how long this has taken, I know you've all been waiting for ages, but here it is. I hope you all enjoy it 

Also if anyone is having any issues with the file, let me know and I'll try and sort it and post an updated version

League of Ireland Pyramid_7455AB6E-3808-4A7F-9DC7-7EED127BE4BF.fmf

On 2/5/2017 at 09:32, PrinceMalu said:

I appreciate the work you're putting into this but I'm not one for fantasy unfortunately, but I understand a realistic Irish Lower Leagues was created for FM16 and I'm wondering if there's one planned for FM17. Good job.

I don't know if there is such a file for FM17, sorry about that

On 3/9/2017 at 20:30, adineen98 said:

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry for how long this has take but I can finally confirm the first version of the file has been completed :)

Some information on the file:

• 16 tierss in total (last 3 levels are Dublin based)
  • First two tiers are nation-wide, 3rd tier is split into a north/south basis, 4th tier is split into an east/south/north-west basis, 5th tier into 6 regions, and the remaining tiers into 12 regions
  • FAI Cup for the first 4 tiers, Intermediate Cup for the next 3, Junior Cup for the remaining (Senior Cup contains roughly 200 or so teams, Intermediate and Junior Cup roughly 400 each), a League Cup and the Munster and Leinster Senior Cups
  • The file was verified in basic rules only; I'm having trouble with my editor when I try to verify the file in advanced rules
  • For now, this is a Republic only structure. As I said, I'm having trouble with my editor which is making this difficult to work with, and for some reason, Northern Ireland is unplayable because of a lack of teams in the Munster Senior League (which has completely baffled me)
  • The youth rating of Ireland has been boosted to reflect general improvement in Irish football

Again, I'm extremely sorry for how long this has taken, I know you've all been waiting for ages, but here it is. I hope you all enjoy it 

Also if anyone is having any issues with the file, let me know and I'll try and sort it and post an updated version

League of Ireland Pyramid_7455AB6E-3808-4A7F-9DC7-7EED127BE4BF.fmf

I moved the required number of teams into the two munster leagues (all clubs I moved were from ROI and exctinct) and that allowed Northern Ireland to be selected in the New Game screen. I don't know if this will cause problems further into the save, but for now it works.

This does remove extinct status from those teams, but I made them all amateur and set their reputation to 1, so they're unlikely to do much to impact the game, particularly as your set up means they still won't be in any cups.

(Also, it really is a baffling bug!)

12 hours ago, jachiche said:

I moved the required number of teams into the two munster leagues (all clubs I moved were from ROI and exctinct) and that allowed Northern Ireland to be selected in the New Game screen. I don't know if this will cause problems further into the save, but for now it works.

This does remove extinct status from those teams, but I made them all amateur and set their reputation to 1, so they're unlikely to do much to impact the game, particularly as your set up means they still won't be in any cups.

(Also, it really is a baffling bug!)

I was thinking of doing something similar myself. Thanks for trying it out and seeing it resolved the issue :) I'll edit the file soon and do what you did and test it to see what happens

On 12/19/2016 at 21:32, adineen98 said:

As long as we don't get any crash dumps, I won't mind how tricky they'll be!

How did you have them have 0 foreign players?

It took a bit of manoeuvring, had to take them out of the EU and set all players (except Northern Irish players) as foreign. 

On my 3rd season with this. Have to say its by far the best custom league structure ive ever played, and ive played alot of them. Fantastic work.

Literally the only thing i dont like about it is that teams get prize money per win rather than where they finish in the league. Everything else is brilliant. Thanks alot for sharing 

Just found an issue. In the Irish National league. The teams who finish 2nd in the north and south division play each other in a playoff to qualify for a place in the 1st division playoff. But the first division playoff actually happens before the national league playoff. For example, Parkvilla and Salthill qualified for the national playoff, but before that game was even played, Parkvilla played Drogheda in the 1st divisio promotion relegation playoff. 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone sorry it's been so long since I've been on, I've been fierce busy with college and exams. I've also made a Champions League-style tournament for the All-Ireland League. It's not what I initially wanted to do, but I wasn't able to replicate what I had in mind in the editor unfortunately. The file will be in the first post

@rossi09 when you download the file, a .fmf file should appear in the downloads section of File Explorer if you have Windows. The name may be a long name that is made up of random letters and numbers, so sort your files by date modified to make it easy to find. When you have the file found, copy and paste it into the editor data file of Football Manager 17 (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2017). When you start up a new game, choose advanced set up rather than quick start as you can choose your editor data files then. Hope this sorts everything out

On 3/30/2017 at 04:23, rossi09 said:

lads how do i use this file?

Archived