PGC: The Spanish Inquisition for FM17

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago.png

09c4601a5a3142608ec884cc54208369.png

09c4601a5a3142608ec884cc54208369.png

Great season overall the side didn't have the quality my racing side had in our promotion year but that side was built over two seasons so to get up first season is great.

At 3/4 point of the season we were 10 points clear but then we drew too many games and a few defeats started slipping in and with 2 games left i had to win one of the last two to seal the title as Matt had sneaked up to 2nd just 4 points behind.

But luckily team had a kick up the backside and destroyed the last 3 teams we played and headed into the playoffs on fire.

ebcbdbfd4b5c46caa1e720ddfbb278f4.png

We made short work of Cordoba with a 4-0 win away making the home leg an easy game.

Then to the final against Gilly and a game i didnt think we had a chance of winning after Gilly destroyed his league.

I sent my team out to be physical and stop them playing and it payed off with a 2-1 win at home and followed that up with a 2-1 lead away going into the last 20 mins but Gilly rallied and got a leveler and i expected him to go on and win it but we managed to hang on for the win.

On to the summer so far and the funds have dried up after mikes spends last season then mine this the well is near enough empty with just 200k transfer budget alot of wheeling and dealing will need to be done as i released alot of the fringe players from the season gone.

cc0fdeed04954abfa851daf5f91f6d64.png

Sold one of last seasons big signings Mendi as he didn't really command a firs team place last season and we needed the funds to help rebuild the squad.

Made some solid signings for this league but i don't think we will have the firepower to mount a promotion push unless a gem pops up before the window closes.

358c582af11e42a9bdeb13ea65169262.jpg

After three seasons in Liga 123, we have finally succeeded in winning promotion to La Liga. It was a hard fought success, having to fight our way past Stu's early pace-setting side, Albacete, as well as Sean's Logrones and a handful of powerful AI sides snapping at our heels. In fact, we were never sitting in pole-position until a 5-0 victory over Stu's side. He had come prepared to face anything other than the 3-4-3 we had on offer. The sheer amount of on-rushing attacking options over-ran his defensive players and they appeared powerless to stop it. After that victory, we never really looked back and, apart from a slight wobble towards the close of the season, we controlled the (roughly) 10-point margin over the ever-changing second place sides.

Screenshot at Jan 21 17-53-44.pngScreenshot at Jan 21 18-02-27.png

Predictions for the coming season:

The main aim will be, of course, to stay in the division. La Liga is where it is at and if I want to push on and take over a side with an active B team, I'm going to need the increased managerial reputation competing in La Liga will offer. Currently, I'm sitting at a measly 1 and a half stars, but I'm hopeful that within two seasons, I will find myself behind the desk of a Levante or Real Sociedad. 

Screenshot_28%202_zpsogqzco3s.png

Winning with style....

It all came together for Ponferadda this season, a league and cup double was the least the team deserved after a season off total dominance. with records being broken in the offence and defence this season it just goes too show how having patience with a manager and allowing him too build  a team can really pay dividends.

It all could have been so different after a very public argument between the manager and director over players being sold behind his back erupted with only days left off the transfer market. valuable right midfielder Belloni was allowed to leave as was first team goalkeeper Julien Cuesta leaving the team with no goalkeepers for the first game off the season. Former goalkeeper Dino Moldavan answered the call from Akinbiyi and was quickly signed with minutes left off the transfer window. Even more astounding was the fact that the manager had 1.5 million in transfer money and the club was over 2 million in the black at the time off the transfers leaving Akinbiyi angered at the timing and the manner in which the player sales were pushed through. The manager refused too attend the first 10 games off the season and a bitter row erupted between him and the board. Thankfully the bitter war of words came too an end and Akinbiyi took his place on the touchline to see all the hard work on the training pitch pay off in goals and clean sheets.

Screenshot_14_zpsihmf764a.png    Screenshot_13_zpshuxw0e6a.png

The Federation cup was also a highlight off this amazing season. The team breezed into the final with out even breaking a sweat and after hammering Mallorca 5 - 0 in the away leg the final result was never in doubt. This is the first time the team has won this competition and the supporters declared it a proud day for fans all over the country.

Screenshot_26_zpsltghmdfs.png   529e122d-4a52-4818-a9b9-9975bca494ee_zps

Akinbiyi settling in well...

Adi Akinbiyi was an unknown quality when taking the rains at little Ponferadda but hes had no problems settling in at the club taking them too a promotion, a cup win and records falling like dominos around him.

Screenshot_28_zpsyiqpacco.png

The manager has taken some stick for his untoward looking tactics sheets and his some times unusual signing targets, but whatever it is he is doing....its working. His possession hungry attack first tactics may appear like a contradiction but he limits the opponents time on the ball while creating good quality chances for his attacking players.

015b05f3-83eb-4330-917c-46a7840bf970_zps       632ec84e-7e3a-4842-9837-6d63e534f53c_zps

With all the quality football to view it would be easy to forget that the cold hard stats when it comes too Akinbiyi stand up against most managers. This past championship winning season his team broke the most clean sheet record for the league aswell as smashing the most goals scored by a team finishing with an even 100 beating the previous record set by logrones by 33 goals.  the team also broke the most games undefeated record finishing with 26 . The manager boasts an impressive 59% win rate which certainly puts him in the top bracket of managers in his league.

685bf8fb-82d1-41f4-a201-42de92affeaf_zps

Financial prudence seems to be a priority aswell with a total off 2.6 being spent by the manager with 5.5 million in player sales allowing the manager this room too manoeuvre in the transfer market. The riches available at other clubs in the league doesn't seem to bother the manager who spends his money wisely on improving his squad every year. Akinbiyi has used the loan markets well over the past 2 years but this year his squad is really starting too take shape with only 3- 4 loans bulking out his squad and improving some positions with quality players he otherwise couldn't afford to have in the team.

The new season ahead should be exciting for fans and players alike and who knows where little Ponferadda could end up ??

Logrones!! 

This season turned out to be epic and for me as manager very surprising, starting way back in July/August i remember panic was setting in as typically my board gave out nothing, we were over wages who knew were the next loaf of bread was coming from, but after wheeling dealing and calling in clauses from old transfers putting out bonuses down low and pulling every little stunt in the book we managed to pull some late funds out of our rear end to finalize a few late signings, one being the impressive and mighty Iban Salvador!! the other on the left side Ninkovic these two provided me with an injection of quality we so badly lacked in an attacking area. 

As the season is drawing on and on my team surprised me more and more i went from wanting to bed into a mid table finish in my first season to secretly eyeing a playoff finish, then we hit second place late on and i thought oi oi is this it or is it to good to be true? we eventually slipped late on as the mighty Sporting Gijon rallied and went into Segunda place :p and took that illusive 2nd automatic playoff spot! 

So here we go again playoffs! something Logrones are all to familiar with and not for good reasons either and this was always going to be in the back of my mind, so up first we played the annoying Deportivo a side very well capable of putting us in our place, on paper their squad was certainly frightening but as we all know the AI managed teams can sometimes massively under-perform and we managed to brush them aside.

Up next was Stu's impressive all season Albacente, a team who previously in the B leagues was a thorn in my side, i was as nervous as could possibly get the fact we were playing a game clearly went out the window emotions and nerves were poured into it as we played two very close ties, with my side narrowly edging out Stu's for the third and final promotion place! so its ho ho ho off to la liga we go! 

So now that thats all said and done what now? well my squad is a distance off challenging anywhere near the top of la liga that is for certain i dont think it matters how good a person is or can be there a limit to what any squad can achieve and right now the maximum i think i can take these is potentially 9/10th but even still thats at a very push, ill be happy to consolidate this year make some much needed money for the club and progress again next year when i have had a full year to scout the globe in search of cut priced gem's 

2.5 star rep.pngIBAN SALVYDOR.pngla liga playoffs.png

Above you can see my worry, despite being in la liga my club is only still just a measly 2.5 star club, and because of how poor our rep is and our facilities its hard for us to pull in anybody of real genuine quality but this process of going from a diddy side to a giant is something i am very familiar with and i hold every confidence that we will get there not over night tho it will take us time but i am confident in time it will happen, next screenshot is my player of the season my best signing the man the myth the legend the player of the season himself Iban Salvador!! and last but not least was my final games in Segunda! including the playoff results as you can see it was tight as anything against Stu and i feel for his side having been prominent all season but iv got faith the big fella can do it this season. 

Congrats to Pedrito on his champions league finish!! Ali on his breezing of the Segunda and also Gilly Mike and Jamie who all came up this season to the Segunda.

YOSOYTUCAM2.jpg

The adventure continues....

My second season at UCAM is now over, and boy.... This was a weird season... We started the season out by letting most of the team go on free transfers and being struck by a transfer embargo as we were taken into Administration... We are around -6M in the red, and things weren't looking great, and I was fearing losing most of my players on minimal fees...

So, the mission for the transfer window was to bulk up with free loans and then see where we stood on the last days of the window...

5885ae877c804dcbba9045d62a11ad8b.png

As you can see from the above, quite a few players came in on loan, but the image is also a bit misleading, as the majority left quickly again, as I sorted through the loans on throughout the window, so as we wouldn't be overcrowded, yet so I also still had several options to pick from... Out also went my favourite youth player, Escobar, although not until the winter window...

The most important transfers in were Corredera and Khaloua and Castillo... I previously had the pleasure of having Corredera on loan back at Real Irun, where he scored some brilliant goals, a trend he has continued now at UCAM, where he scored 7-8 brilliant free kick goals, and he's the driving force of my midfield, so all in all, an outstanding free transfer, who I'm having trouble keeping at the club now...

a968e2e37a8c4c898c82bc67833e2f58.png

Khaloua came in on loan from Levante and switched between playing AMR and Striker and wound up with a decent tally of 21 goal in the league and cup combined...

0f71f5c37f774a23babbaadf1ead42ea.png

I wasn't sure what to expect from Castillo... I signed him from Bilbao's B team, and his stats weren't amazing, but I figured he could be okay due to our financial troubles.... He turned out to be fairly decent, despite the stats, and wound up with 21 goals, and was amongst the strikers who used the fewest amount of minutes per goal in the league.

b2cdadf1de5342c0a385109a3263eda0.png

About halfway through the season, something weird happened... I started getting mails about the club restructuring our finances... I wasn't completely sure what happened, but our finances went from -6M to 0 and suddenly we were no longer in administration... Somehow the club had pulled some sort of magic trick, as they managed to do this without us getting loads os debt through loans...

210a07c0338f4bfcae2be428d8f47f25.png

Despite the improved finances, I've had to operate under the lowest wage budget, I've yet had to deal with in FM17, a measly 13K last season, which I improved a bit through sales to 16K towards the end of the season....

But despite the awful finances and half the team being players on free loans, we managed to compete for PO throughout the season only to fall 3 points short in the end... We also reached the semi finals of the lower league cup, only to be knocked out by my old team Mallorca...

0fbd11d897b74bdd8633cdabf88cba0a.png

Club Deportivo Toledo

d3f12d08cc644a37ab0c15e2d3803db5.png

New Season 2019-2020

We did a lot of work to strength our squad during the summer with some arrivals Bruno Lourenco, Mehdi Zerkane, Francisco Aguilar, Nabil Jaadi, Remy Descamps, Ion Echaide all came free.

Also a loan came to strenght our squand Robert McKenzie from CE Sabadell.

Also some new staff members came in for specialization.

We had a great preparation with some good friendly wins.

But at the start of the competition we didnt do a good job and lost a couple of games, so i decide to change tactics and from that point the team started playing better and better.

Between 5 october and 20 juin we lost only 7 games and make a move to secure a playoff position.

Also in the mid-season i had some new arrivals like Andre Franco, Nabil Alioui, Yannis N'Gakoutou (Loan), Sander Coopman and Emiliano Diaz (Loan)

In the playoffs for promotion we had to some nice victories 3-1 at home against Olimpic and 3-0 at home against SD Huesca to secure a promotion position.

Some stats from players:

Robert Mackenzie 29 apps / 21 goals / average 7,43 (ST)

d26d46acf4d84cab9a7fe5a38e57697a.png

Nabil Jaadi 39 apps / 6 goals / 17 assists / average 7,21 (Inside Forward)

jaadi.png

Remy Descamps 43 apps / 18 clean sheets / average 7,07 (GK)

descamps.png

Bruno Lourenco 36 apps / 10 goals / 6 assists / average 7,54 (BBM)

7571be92d5164385b7672abfbaba4d33.png

Here some results:

b27f89337c4a4df995d3d02f4f3348cb.png91cbcb13dc52410c908f63e4fde042dc.png

For next season my aim is to avoid relegation and stay up in La Liga 123

We work all summer to strength our squad.

Lets cross our fingers

Will be continued

Stuart - Albacete  

A crazy season that had it all. Drama , goals, a cup run, and a City Riot. Welcome to the World the crazy world of Albacete

When i last posted we had been beaten the the playoff Final and it was a hard pill to take. With that said things went from bad to worse with Clubs bidding on my stars, I knew it was going to happen but it still gave me problems. One deal took so long to go though that i missed the start of the window because i had to wait on the money before i could get the players i wanted, One player was a loan from Pedro, I waited 10 days!! before the deal came and then went for the Defender i wanted from pedro for him only to reject me. By now i was 14 days into the window and had not signed anyone. In the end we got our act togetter ad made some real good signings . I Ended up selling 6 million to clubs around the world, this gave me cash on the hip but i wanted the right players if i wanted to spend money. Below is my summer and jan business.

acpiu.png

So onto the season and boy what a ride. Unlike last season it wasn't us but Jamie that set the early pace, he had got a flyer and the rest of us were playing catch up this didn't really bother me as i thought he would fall away time we get into the meat of the season. We started off ok but there was alot of draws along the way, this was because we was unable to kill teams off and time and time again we would get hit by a sucker punch. It was becoming a issue because jamie wouldn't stop winning games and the teams around me were now on my tail. The nightmare continued with Evans lack of goals so all hopes were on my new Signing Adam Armstrong. Signed on a free it was down to him save my season and boy did he step up. It was his goals that pushed me back into into a solid playoff place but after last season the last thing i wanted was to go back down that road. 

We had got to jan and we was sitting in 6th place, Not where we wanted to be and with jamie away and clear all eyes turned to 2nd place. We also had money left over from our summer deals to sign a new Striker to help out Armstrong. This signing came in the name of Oliver Schomezler. Only 19 but crazy stats for his age i took a risk and put all my money into signing him, he cost me 2 million and blew apart the clubs Transfer record. It was to be my finest signing of fm17.

With Armstrong and Schomezler in the side i went 442 for alot of my games, i had to close to gap to 2nd place that was 11 points time the Jan window had closed. I not the type of manager that likes to go out and attack game after game but i didn't have much of a choice. It wasn't long before the pair stuck a partnership that would put the fear of terror into the league. We went on a good run of games before losing 2 games in a row one was against Andy, who was now on a crazy run of form and was pushing hard to get the place playoff place. After a 1-5 loss to him we then went and lost 1-2 against a a team that was on a shocking run of form. But then we went on another run and fought back to get within 3 points of 2nd, But just when you think you got the game cracked my side switched off yet again 1 point from 9 saw me fall down to 4th and a 7 points off 2nd with only 5 games to go. 

ENTER Armstrong 

With things going down the toilet AGAIN and Schomezler not back till the last game of the season Armstrong came into his own, 2 goals in a 4-0 win against Leonesa Followed by a 85th winner Against Oviedo to nick a 1-0. Racing was next away and Jamie had Zaragoza who were having a big wobble. The Gap was down to 2 points, Giving Jamie a pre game pep talk that went the long the lines of Don't ****ing Lose i found myself 1 up against Racing, and yes you guest it Armstrong with it, Soon afterwards i went down to 10 men, I would need to play the whole 2nd half with 10 men. Racing thew everything at us they hit the post my keeper saved 3 one on ones and my heart was about to pop out my chest then a score Popped up in the right hand corner, Jamie had scored a late winner. I put 10 me behind the ball, Park the bus they say, not a chance this was a Double decker. We held on Alba into 2nd with 2 games to go!.

By with 2 games to go i was in the driving seat and needed to win my home game and hope Zaragoza would fail just one more time. Numancia at home was who we had ad i was not gonna mess about, i was going for it 442 Wingers and Fall backs bombing on. This game was also massive for Andy, by now he was into 6th after a crazy run of form. i win and its only Espanyol who could catch him ( guess who had them next lol ) and he wished me luck.  Luck never came into it we were outstanding Armstrong again with the 1st goal but this time everyone wanted to get in on the act, we turned on the style and never looked back, 1-0 became 2 then 3 soon after it was 4-0 then a 5th ad right at the end Armstrong added a 6th by now news was coming through that Zaragoza had lost and we were up! the fans were going crazy, there whole stand was a sea of fire the noise was crazy not since 2003 where alba about to return to the big time and years and years of heart break was about to be unleashed the ref blew for full time and all hell broke lose Fans on the pitch grown men in tears, We had done it we were up and the party would go on long into the night. 

18j9xy.png

v66j5j.png

2yzbzma.png

RIOTS ON THE STREETS 

After the game the fans went to the bars and drank the night away, but the mood soon chanced and a Riot had broken out on the streets. Alba fans were out in the street Police had there water cannons at the ready it was crazy, As i stood looking out across the city it had hit me, Going up was not about me or the players or how big the club could be in the future, it was about the here and now. The fans, the passion they had shown all season and the fire in the hearts were there to all to see, Not sure lighting up cops cars is the way to show your passion but the whole City where now Eating drinking Albacete something that has not happen in almost 20 years, Alba were back and the Fans and the city want the whole of Spain and the football world to know about it. 

35m0h0m.png

20gxppw.png

nxjj44.png

2jbtu1u.png

2u8uhl1.png

CUP

As if the league season was not enough to talk about we went on a crazy cup run. stand out was beating Valencia 7-2 @ home, yes 7-2, we lost 4-0 at there place but we held onto go through. We ended up playing pedro. a 2-2 Draw at mine saw me goes to his, it was a really close game but then the game froze. with it 0-0 and all the play for we both had to leave it to the fm gods to see who won. Pedro won 1-0 and was in the final. Was a hard pill to take as who knows what would of gone on. Anyway for us to get to the semi final was a massive and shows that on our day we can mix it with the big boys. 

2lmw0uf.png

ONTO THE REST

Pedro : Another great season, top 3 finish and a cup to show for his troubles, Pedro has more on his plate next season with me jamie and andy joining the league but im sure he will go about his business like he has always done. Cool and Quite. Great season for pedders 

Ali : I said he would get top 10 and he did, tho it was harder than the league will show Ali got his head down and had to fight all season long for his 9th place finish. He is looking at other clubs now as we have finished our 5th season Managers are now able to look at other clubs. It would be a shame if he left because i think he can do good things where he is. 

Sean : Weegie bhoy done himself proud. 10th place finish and had no dangers all season, it gives the rest of us hope when you see the likes of sean and ali do so well in there 1st season. Sean will be looking to kick on next season and a busy summer will be ahead as he knows 3 more rivals are now joining the party. 

Jamie : Where did he come from, Just up from the bottom league Jamie let rip this season and tore the league apart. With his Owner not really backing him this season it makes him winning the league even more impressive. Jamie like me and Andy will be hard at it in the summer window but if his chairman bank rolls him then we all need to look out. Well done mate.

Gills : Another outstanding season for Andy, Just up into the league his 2nd half of the season is one of the best i have seen. He was lower end of the table looking at a mid table season, But he went on a run that got him into the playoffs and then up into the top flight. he also go into the Cup final against pedro. Andy has a strong side that puts the boot in when needed. they win alot of 50 50's and dont shy away. Will see him good for next season

Mike : 1 point from his 1st 10 games mike was doomed, or we all thought he was, Mike somehow pulled out a great escape the likes not seen on Clan for many a year, he stayed by the skin of his teeth but all that matters is that he did. Mike will add to his team this summer and if he keeps that gold Nugget of a striker of his is sure to push on up the table. 

Jonas : FINALLY!!!! Jonas is up and out of the bottom division. a 2nd place finish saw jonas run the playoff challange and with it all ended in drama. Jonas Board will need to sort there stuff out fast so he is able to buy some players before all the best frees and loans are all brought up. But The fact is jonas is up and is FM17 Adventure has now started. 

Well thats you all upto date on another season IN the world of PGC. look out for all the others members posts and comments on what was a great season for all. 

Off now to talk tot he Mayor and say sorry for our fans lol. 

Till next time

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago.png

Wow what a season i didnt think my strikers from last season would carry much threat in Segunda but how i was wrong Eleke, Lemos and My CAM from last season Menudo were on fire all season all three would have hit 20 goals if Eleke had not been injured for half of the season.

We won the league with a record points tally of 92 losing the majority of the games we lost in the last quarter of the season as players tired.

Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

On to this summer and its going to be a tough season ahead with 6 of us now in La Liga its going to be one hell of a dog fight to stay up.

Board has given me a 10 million budget but the majority of that was pumped into wages and what fees i had left were put into improving the firepower upfront.

My main signings

Screenshot_7.pngScreenshot_10.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_1.png

I will post full list of transfers when i get access to game later hoping to get one or two more in before the season starts tonight.

MAGNIFICENT PONFERADDA

As if last season wasn't enough, Ponferrada really showed there class and potential with the highs and lows off this turbulent and unforgettable season. A second straight promotion looked out off reach with the team languishing in the relegation zone after the first 10 games but a stunning turn around led the team out off danger and in the second half off the season the team marched up the league and into the play offs. This turn around was inspired by incredible performances in the cup with the team hammering each opponent in turn playing some scintillating free scoring football.

Screenshot_5_zpsbugiowzs.png

After cruising into the semi finals the team were drawn against Atletico Madrid and that was supposed to be that for little Ponferrada. the manager and players refused to be drawn on there expectations from the game and who knows if they knew what was about too happen. 

e215b899-4fc1-4c55-8e72-fe287ba8fbb8_zps  689f7d28-16e5-4d77-b1ef-955c13bb07ba_zps

Ponferrada dominated from start too finish not giving Atletico a look in Luka belic was clinical in front of goal and  Andy in midfield was at his creative best. no one left the stadium early in a sell out game and the fans and pundits alike stood in awe of such an awesome performance from a team off mainly free transfers and journeymen players. The second leg was a masterclass in defence from little Ponferrada with them shutting out Atletico for 80 minutes limiting them too a handful off chances and keeping possession in what can be a frightening atmosphere, a final result off 2 nil flattered the home team and Ponfy moved on to the final. The cup form rolled on into the league with Ponfy handing out a hammering to Albacete who were steam rolling there way through the opposition. In  a similar style too the Atletico game the team dominated and  put them too bed early with clinical finishing and pacey attacks.  The Albacete manager commented after the game that it was a poor performance from his team but they couldn't live with the pace off the attack and the fight in midfield . this wasn't the first words off praise from the now promoted Albacete management with words off encouragement in the press throughout the playoff campaign showing an admiration for Ponferradas rise through the leagues and I'm sure the 2 managers are looking forward too locking horns next year in La Liga.

Screenshot_7.pnghhh.png_zpshjjzdtfj.png

Making up the numbers was never going to be an option for Ponferrada and they gave a great account of themselves in the final. They raced into a 1 nil lead and had a second goal wrongly ruled out for a push in the box who knows what could off happened if that goal had stood. Sabadell struggled too get there attack flowing and looked vulnerable with balls over the top. The la liga teams quality eventually shone through and there set pieces proved tough too contend with. A final score off 4 - 1 flattered the winners with the last 2 goals coming while ponfy were throwing everything at them too try and get an equalizer. All in all it was a tremendous achievement and a historic day for the club ,the manager and most importantly the fans. In any normal season this would have been the high point off the year for the players, Ponfy however are no normal team and whilst the cup final was taking place the team were locked in a brutal dogfight for a play off place . One result either way was the difference between success and failure with the play off places filled with quality teams with budgets far surpassing Ponferrada.  Some huge results in the run in put Ponfy in a play off place on the last day and with a hard fought draw against run away league winners Lagosterra on the final day an unlikely play off place was secured.

kkklkk_zpsj0rcrkow.png

The play off games were never going to be easy with Real Zaragoza and the leagues toughest defence too come first and a likely final with fallen giants Celta Vigo. Ponfy though weren't too be denied and raced into a 4 - 1 lead in the first leg the team was playing some really nice football and looking like the final was already in the bag. Zaragoza had other ideas though and pushed them all the way in the second leg . late goals put the result too bed but Ponferrada were taught a huge lesson in playing till the end off the game and not thinking the job was done. this lesson was needed in the final as ponfy again won the first leg 4 - 1 and this time they shutdown the second even winning away 0 - 1. A proud day for the manager and the team two straight promotions with one off the tightest budgets in the whole off Spanish football.

A new season in the top flight is next up for a manager who now boasts a 57% win rate and the club now at its highest point in its history . A federations cup win along with a league title, playoff title win and a cup final appearance Adebajo Akinbiyi is understandably attracting interest from larger clubs but with the solid base he has built at this club who knows where they may end up in the future.

Logrones 

Well a season to be proud of yet again! we went up with a squad not fit for la liga and held our own in a handy 10th place, did we set any records we certainly did not :D but what we done was set ourselves a pretty decent mark in la liga to be proud of, this is a tough test for us as funds are limited and our rep is very low, we have seen almost every target we go from stolen from under our eyes most folk reject us its actually becoming so common its scary so what we have just now is a team full of free's and rejects, but to finish 10th is impressive if we can improve on that again this season it will be good because we are faced this year again with poverty and problem which any player with any real class won't come near us, in fact newly promoted sides have taken my targets and the insulting factor there is they have taken them on less money than i offered!! so yea were up against it my team has caught a little bit of Ali'Itus we have caught a bad dose of it in fact and we are slowly turning into the underdogs in the clan!.

my window coming into the new season has been none short of a disgrace so far, in actual fact we have not strengthened at all if anything we are weaker somehow after losing players that stood us in such good stead last season, worrying times but going into the final few weeks of window its pivotal that i recruit at least 2-3 quality players.

To be continued.......5898dfc4cb540_VanDeMan.thumb.png.f43e7b9e5aca5d2df41e49353cb8a253.png

This young mad is a little gem iv found and payed a record amount for, he is Van the Man! i have a lot of hope for him judging by his early form in his first year having not been able to speak a word of English he has came into my club and took it by storm, green arrows are flying out his rear end and i fully expect him to be part of the furniture at Logrones for a while unless a huge bid comes in and i cannot refuse. 

Tablu.thumb.png.cd46892eb7f53f8663a70f03f20aecff.png

Confirmation of our final standings and how far adrift from that horrible bottom 3 we actually were HASHTAG!!! Logrones on fire trending worldwide.

Club Deportivo Toledo

d3f12d08cc644a37ab0c15e2d3803db5.png

New Season 2020-2021

After winning promotion with playoff games we know we had alot of work for next year to avoid relegation.

Some new players came and join our ranks: N'Gakoutou, Lucas Perrin, Bernardo Basilio, Issa Kallon, Andy Kawaya.

We worked a lot in the summer to prepare our team for the new season in Liga 123.

But with a dramatic start of the season with only 1 point out of 11 games, the only objectif was to try to get out of relegation zone and battle all season long to keep us out of there.

0bfa92108295446b97e09c93b21ed418.thumb.png.fee067d2d1b95834f084295a783a7155.png

In December we finally started to win games and had some good performance like wins against Celta De Vigo (5-1), Gimanstic (7-3), Real Soceidad (6-1)

But still had to battle to avoid relegation to the last game of the season.

On our last game we lost 2-1 against Murcia, so all depended on what Real Soceidad did, lucky for the only did a draw to secure a place for next season in La Liga 123

aad748d48d544edf8158f5ed448269e5.thumb.png.a299b34bbc3fdca68398ea17067ae8d0.png

One player did a amazing season for us: Nabil Alioui

4ecb1240b0bc4b3390af31927faf7fc4.thumb.png.01847f2e689ff8dabf6d1ab6fb898592.png

With 28 goals in 38 games he won the topscorer award in La Liga 123

In the summer we have alot of work to strenght our team and hope we will finish better then this season.

Will be continued

ucam.jpg

For this season, we were coming off a difficult season with no money, wages and only just missing PO by 3 points... So the pressure was on, again, as I was the last human in the lower leagues, and if I wanted to catch up, we had to step up our game this season... Which was easier said than done, as we once again didn't have any money and an extremely low wage budget... This meant that I once again had to scour the loan markets to bolster the team... The main priority was my defence, DM and striker, as  I simply wasn't satisfied with those positions.

Transfer Window

d6ac952d19d247c087be1ad666011d2c.png 

As you can see, I went all out in the window and signed a ton of players on loan and a bunch of frees as well... Loads of the loans were swapped out during the window when better players came in though... Unfortunately, I also had to sell my two best players - Costa in DC and Corredera in MC

However, I also managed to get some very exciting players in...

6cd1f8f5a8ad42b78c3da78c52116d4b.png

Rufete came in and instantly became the star of my team. Despite his young age, he instantly made an impact and was soon 1st choice in my new tactic with 2 strikers up front... He had an amazing season with 26 goals and 5 assists and actually played every single league game for me (and most of the PO games - more on that later)...  I was even lucky enough to sign him after the season on a permanent contract...

c9f7c8d78ee24a028c4e4b592f65bc20.png

Joining Rufete up front was Vicente... A player I initially hesitated to sign, but who wound up being an excellent partner with Rufete, and he wound up with 21 goals in the season... A total of 47 goals combined from those two free loans!

34cd7942150e4456be11bf0e154fcfce.png

Lying behind those two was the ever present Aparicio, who've been on loan with me ever since I joined the club... He's an excellent player, who I continue to take on loan in the hopes of keeping him until his contract runs out, and I can sign him permanently. He contributed with a decent 6 goals and 14 assists and an average rating of 7.23...

The last player I'm gonna mention is Garcia... Not because he did outstanding or was an important player for me, but because he was an excellent as I bought him for free and just sold him for 300k after 1 season and only 5 games...

444884759dfe4a9394a0529879e7d28e.png

The season

Although we had a decent window, I wasn't completely sure what to expect, when the season began... I was positive we could push for the top 4, giving us PO, but I wasn't sure if we were gonna be in the outskirts or challenging for the title...

40b21426c8e54e26b400327218506261.png

We started out by losing some silly points in games we should have really won... But quckly the team started to gel, and we went on a huge run, sending us straight in Top 2... In 15 games, we got 41 points, which was the best run I've had on FM17 by far... However, this wasn't the first time I've challenged for PO and fallen short, so the true test was the end of the season, where I normally have a big dip in form...

cef639c74a24468fa546da5b2ce8decc.png

But not this time... We kept our form up and wound up in 2nd place and a very secure PO spot... In the PO we took a safe, but not big win in the 1st round of the 2nd phase, but then drew Osasuna, and I was certain that was the end of the road... But a great first away leg pretty much secured the spot in the final round...

In the final round we got Alcorcon, and the first game was very even, but I kept our away loss low with 0-1 giving us a fighting chance in the home leg...

Then, one game day, I was shocked to notice that a few of my loans went home on the exact day of the game... Including an important MC and my star up front, Rufete... Without my goal make Rufete, I was certain I was out... The game was extremely close and we were 0-0 at HT, but in the second half, I put on the pressure, and in the 63rd minute it paid off - 1-0 by Santamaria and we were on our way to ET...

With ET coming to and end, I was certain we had to try our luck in penalties, but alas, this is apparently not the case and I was shocked to see we had gone up despite 1-1 by some kind of ranking rule...

Review of the season

To round up the post for the season, I'll sum up my season and expectations for next season....

53093a501e794a0c93ef8201eec0af55.png

Shortly put: The season was outstanding! We scored loads of goals and was one of the better defences - despite the fact that my defence was actually sub-par...

5898e9ec562a0_ScreenshotatFeb0621-07-12.thumb.png.422388effab2f1a5546a48128f1736e5.png

Well, the first season in La Liga was a success, having struggled for results halfway through the campaign. We started off strongly by forcing our way into the top 7 or 8 positions, before we fell back and began casting nervous glances as the teams in the relegation battle began to gain on us. At one point, we were only 5 points clear of the drop zone, but we managed to pull ourselves out of the rut and pushed on, clinching a top-half position on the final day of the season. At times, I was disappointed with out performances, watching as we squandered chance after chance, only to let the opposition sneak a freekick or counter attacking goal. That said, I can only be happy with 9th in the first season and will look to improve on that in our second season.

5898e9db4f12b_ScreenshotatFeb0621-20-11.thumb.png.8175050078e52028df972a4d0752afab.png

Transfer wise, we were tied up a little bit with a measly £5.75m spent on incoming players. A few gems, such as the goalkeeper Giefer, but apart from that, we ended up shoring up the side a bit more, plugging some gaps. 

5898e9e505d15_ScreenshotatFeb0621-08-16.thumb.png.13c0694b3d8352cf0c88989970a9ff93.png

At 31, Giefer was a bit of a gamble as I knew he'd only be around for a few years. He has served his purpose though, and will remain in the sticks this season after impressing over the last year. As always, I am on the lookout for younger gems to come in and add some much needed quality, but the coming window will be about adding additional strength to the side before we start to invest in youth.

5898e9df8a7ba_ScreenshotatFeb0621-09-13.thumb.png.bcfd0094c21bc63a75a9a26d95a45d65.png

58a5da40b1f7d_ScreenshotatFeb1600-05-59.thumb.png.896652b2967c0e26cd79250b48329242.png

Season six has drawn to a close and after a 4th place finish in La Liga and my rep has increased slightly to a measly 2 stars (or 'decent' as the game coins it). It's another step on the ladder to a club with an active B side so I shouldn't be complaining really. Attributes have increased by 1 point in a selection of areas and the board gave me a new contract to mark the successes over the last few years.

58a5da3a85158_ScreenshotatFeb1600-08-03.thumb.png.edfca5cbd9c74af30285b5322b62d559.png

The season itself was a fantastic one overall. 4th place and Champions League qualification was an achievement I never expected to reach in only our 2nd season in La Liga. Truth be told, a lot of things went our way, including very few injuries (our biggest crisis was 3 at once) and Pedro's Sabadell operating at 95% rather than the usual 100%. In fact, it has to be said that it has been a great season for everyone in La Liga. Human teams occupied 4th to 9th, with no one really underperforming to the point that their boards were unhappy. 

Jose Naranjo, a player born and raised at the club (who subsequently left and returned 2 seasons ago) finished the season with 30 goals, 26 of those coming in the league. Jairo Castillo may well have made it to 15 goals in the league, had it not been for his 3-month injury, but his 15 assists certainly shows he played a major part in our attacking threat.

58a5da47977c2_ScreenshotatFeb1600-01-57.thumb.png.7788da420267b388c465aa5cc838aac8.png

Above, you can see the statistical breakdown of my first 11. Our formation has been the most balanced I have seen with these players in the six seasons I have managed. No doubt, that has a lot to do with the increase in quality across all positions, but the attributes I have looked for when signing my players have allowed us to build a functional unit capable of punching above our weight and mixing it up with the big boys of La Liga.

58a5da444743a_ScreenshotatFeb1600-05-01.thumb.png.accc4123778d087745fc2d0e167b96e0.png

Naturally, the board are delighted with the unexpected Champions League Qualifying place and as the seasons go on, they are giving in to my many demands. We are currently in the process of improving our training and youth facilities, having just upgraded our youth recruitment and increased our junior coaching budget. On top of this, the board drop the bombshell that they're building a new stadium. I can't imagine it'll seat many supporters, but if it can be increased to around 40k, then it's not too bad of an investment. 

Stuart - Albacete 

After the highs of last season we went into the unknown of what laid ahead back in the big time. With little money to spend and a small wage bill to add to my troubles i spent night and day scouting everything and anyone who was listed or on a free, it took forever. I knew what i needed but getting the players for the right money was a whole other issue. I ended up pulling off some cracking deals with me spending nothing after the sale of some players. Below is my business from last summer 

ab5nb8.png

2h34x83.png

e6ofw9.png

2r2163t.png

2uokx77.png

11il1yp.png

10zv438.png

25p6zhk.png

ojphsy.png

okytk.png

29z7ihj.png

27wsy1l.png

On to the season and what a season we had, Working with what i had i thought attack would be the best way to go the first 10 games of the season, if things went tits up then i could always change it, but that was not to be, we had picked up where we left off and for much of the season we held our own, Yes there was the odd game where we got a spanking but we would then go and shock the league ( And myself ) but going away to the mite of Barca and beating them 1-0. And it really was a shock With key players missing like my best Center half  Gabriel out for 3 months at this time i had to play a center half that i brought for 123 league and guess what he went and done, last 5 minutes of the game we get a corner, and Big Bruno a 2 star center half rose like a salmon and got his head on the end of the corner and it flew in the back of the net. It was a one of many highlights, thought out the season. We were upto our old tricks again a month later after beating Andy's side 1-0 at home ( parked the double decker and stole the points ) we then went and beat A'Madrid 1-0 at there place, and with that win came safty, the pressure was off us tho it wasn't really on for much of the season but my side wasn't done there as we won 6 out of the last 8 and topped it all off by a 7-3 away win on the final day of the season. It left me wondering if i really needed to add to much in the summer, I have players like Rohan Ince who is nothing to look like but played over 30 games for me with a 7.04 Avg and chipped in with 4 goals so it leaves me with a nice problem to have in that i can add in other places and not worry about what i already have. 

2ibyexx.png

2u8jeq1.png

207u9w8.png

SUMMER WINDOW 

Again there is little money to be spent this window but i knew that was to be the case, i asked my board to build the ground up (9k more seats 22,000 it will hold ) and to upgrade the Training ground and they agreed to both. So it is back to the bargin basement for me with players, but if i can get in players like i did last summer then i will be fine. We have added 2 players already a new Gk and a New striker. I added a striker in Jan that cost me 7m, That kinda money is alot for a club my size and a spent hours scouting and reading reports before i picked him. His name is Manuro Bosonin and in the 17 games he played for me scored 11 goals. not a bad return for his 1st 6 months. 

Unlike some i wont break the bank on wages, last summer i said i wont spent over 20k on wages and the same goes this time around tho i will push to 25k if needed but no more. I am trying to build something here and the last thing i need is to break the club and then have the board sell my best players from under me, that has taken place already when Lloyd Jones was sold to boro for 3 Million, Lucky for me tho i would have sold him for that, but i don't want a repeat of this so until i start to turn a real profit in gates and season tickets then its a wage cap at this club for now. 

SEASON AHEAD 

I don't really know how i can improve on this season. Finishing 8th is something i had no seen coming and i don't think many others did with my business last summer. So i guess if i was to repeat 8th then i would be happy. Maybe a cup run , this season as i didn't bother this time around as staying in the league was the main aim. To push higher than that would be something special as with so many of us now in this league and all looking stronger its going to be a war from this moment on with who gets Champions league and the riches that come with it, Add the fact we are going to lose a Champions league spot from next season the stakes couldn't be higher. 

ONTO THE OTHERS

Ali - 4th place and champions league Ali hit the big time. Strong all season long he has shown once again to be a major force in spain. Ali is looking hard to add players this summer has he now has to balance League and champions league so he will need to find the right balance. He also got his B side up and running so any talk of him leaving the club are now over and my guess is he will build something special. 

Pedro - Very Strange season for the man from spain Started slow and never really clicked till 2nd half of the season. He won the cup again but he missed out on the champions league and i know he wont be happy with that. I don't know what it went wrong this season for him but signs are he is getting thing back on track and will be pushing hard to break back into the top 3 or maybe even win it. He still won a cup this season so not all bad news. 

Jamie - I keep repeating myself but another outstanding season for Jamie. At one time he was in 4th and dreaming of the champions league, He fell away towards the end but to even talking about champions league first season in the league is crazy. What Jamie will do next nobody knows, the way he has his team set up and the football they playing he could do anything. He does have Europa league football next season so he will need to add some players to have cover but other than that he is in good shape.

Andy - Another great season for gills who also is off on a Europa league adventure. He plays a system that is hard to counter at times, he has his own way of playing and some of his set ups give other managers sleepless nights on how to play against him. Sometimes its don't work as he will have lose silly games but for now its working for him. Like myself he likes a bargin and many times we are both in for the same players. His business so far has been very good and i think he may be the team to look out for next season to do big things. 

Sean - After a shocking summer window sean was able to hold his own over the season, he had ups and down and only missed on on the Europa league on the last game of the season by losing to Andy. Sean has money this summer from the sale of striker so my guess is he will get things right this summer and will be looking to right the wrongs of this season. He can't be happy with finishing behind the rest of us tho it was sweet to finish above him. Me and Sean are the only sides who don't have Europen football next season and it might be a blessing as he can rest players more than others and put all his efforts into the league and cup. 

Mike - Really thought he was coming up this season, after a great showing in the league mike made the playoffs and got all the way to the final only to lose it. He was really unlucky with his side missing chance after chance. He said his team was not ready to go up and tho that maybe true he till have to be a little gutted not to have gone up. He will be there or there abouts next season as he has this striker who scores for fun. 28 goals the season before Alioui went and got 33 this time around. With a buy out of only 1,7m Mike will need to tie him down to a new deal and a bigger buy out before bigger clubs come knocking. A striker that scores that may goals will always bring unwanted eyes. 

Jonas - Great season, Was 2nd at one stage but had a lucky run of fixtures that saw him fall away, he was able to fight back and did have a chance of a playoff place the last day of the season but was unable to get over the line. Jonas has taken a style of play and has gone down the speed route. I have always said in the lower leagues if you can get players with speed then teams cant live you. Jonas took this to another level and has players that would give Usain Bolt a run for his money. Joas should be in and around the playoffs next season and with the teams that come down not as strong as last seasons he may just finish top 2 with mike. 

Dan - Our new member found out the hard way how hard life is in spain. He took over at Almeria and for a time looked as tho he may crash the party and get into the playoffs but in that league form goes out the window. Dan has a bigger wage bill than most of us in the top league and has some very good players already there, he will need a fast start next season to keep the board onside or he may find himself on the dole. Dan is the unknown of the clan so it will be interesting to see what he does next season Good luck. 

That's That for another season of PGC look out for other members posts and storys 

Till then 

Via ALBA!

23 hours ago, Advantageous said:

I expect they'll go up tonight as we've only just finished the season.

Cheers Ali, been following with interest, really great that you stalwarts are still doing this :)

Hope you're well as well mate

ANOTHER GREAT SEASON....

This was always going to be a big ask for the minnows off Ponferrada. A league full off superstars and big budgets made it all the harder for the team too escape relegation. In typical fashion though the team were never in danger, spending the first half off the season in the top four places and after a sticky last few games the team rallied winning its last 2 games too qualify for Europe at the first time off asking. In the teams last game at Logrones the fans celebrated there teams hard fought one nil win by throwing beach balls onto the pitch at full time, both bosses seen the funny side too this with Sean black commenting that Logrones would be joining Ponfy in Europe very soon.

Screenshot_79_zpsvadgsxkq.png

Ponfy manager Akinbiyi refused too single out his most important players, saying the team as a collective was the most important factor in this seasons heroics. With such a small squad too pick from though the players had too dig in week after week, grit and determination were not in short supply and the players really did rise too the occasion and didn't look out of place in Spain's top league.

Screenshot_61_zpsb9mettn7.png

The manager has continued too spend wisely with the bulk off the players being brought into the club still being free transfers or unwanted players from other clubs. The club will not put short term success before the long term vision they have and with the clubs finances growing every week the manager and the club can continue too grow as well.

Screenshot_63_zpsuvvjklep.png

A huge summer ahead then for Ponfy with the manager excited about his first foray into Europe and the players aiming for an even better finish in the league surely there will be some activity in the transfer market and the manager signing a new deal too keep him at the club for another 2 years might just be the best piece off business yet.....

almeria.thumb.png.f7534bfe40c945d07b7909f9cec780c8.png

U.D. Almeria Season Update

It's been a whirlwind of a season coming in halfway through and it's been an enjoyable experience so far. Taking over at a underachieving squad, freshly relegated from La Liga expectations were high. The morale was very low and as I came in at the start of the January transfer window I knew I needed to try and change the current morale of the team. In the end I didn't really have the targets to bring in, so I spent the majority of the window trying to get the morale of unhappy players such as Rachid Ghezzal, Tyrone Mings and Patric up, all players that arguably were too good for this level. I found out just how hard this level were, after multiple efforts to get into the playoffs we fell on our faces and slipped down from 7th with 2 games to go to finish the season in a lowly 11th place. This leaves me with the board on my shoulders and expecting results in the season ahead, but I have been given a large sum of money to be able to aid my efforts which I can't complain at. Below are the results, the first screenshot shows the results before I came in and the second screenshot is after I came in (excluding the first two results!)

58a8a10dd6fa3_Almeria_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.14d7576e01a5e81fa3d2c2363286a7c5.png58a8a11a746fc_Almeria_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.03cb985edbd84e51c7a6a7b25fcb9d80.png

As you will see it's been a disappointing season - I found that we can beat the top sides excluding a few, but we struggled in games where the odds were very much with us and expected to win. I hope to be able to change this as ultimately the aim is to pull ourselves together and aim for promotion in which was expected in our redebut at this level. Someone that got us a lot of points we achieved in the second half of the season was a man named Alexandru Gologan, one of three signings I made in the January window alongside Hernan Perez (on loan from Sevilla) and Boran Jokic. Gologan came from a fellow second division side in Celta Vigo for a fee of £2,200,000 scoring 9 goals, but very much a second option for the highflying side. Once he came to us it changed, he bagged a further 13 goals to finish as the second top goalscorer in the league, behind Toledo's Alloui. Below is a screenshot of the man, the myth, the legend... Alexandru Gologan.

58a8a11fb0dac_AlexandruGologan_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.92ac47ccec8ca187b89bc2738f0e79c7.png

The Aim For The Season?

To cut it short the aim is to get promotion, automatic promotion. We have played a few sessions over the week extra to get through this window ahead of the season and I've used this time to get rid of all the unhappy players and bring in new players, often younger to try and change our fortunes as I believe the harmony amongst the squad is what often dragged us down. A much larger sum has come in and then back out of the club compared to most of the other clubs in the division however it was what was needed this year, to bring in my own squad and a lot of these players have played for clubs within Spain and thus have the experience, mixed with the youth mentioned could this be the winning method we wanted? Have to give a shout to the fellow managers Mike and Jonas in this division who both overachieved massively but Mike lost in the playoffs and Jonas narrowly missed out them entirely despite a great season so here's to a year where we all go up, ay? ;)

Archived