PGC: The Spanish Inquisition for FM17

I22HEa9.png

If you are interested in joining our network game you can either message Advantageous or FFCStu1428, or apply using the application form on our website.

-The game is played Monday through Wednesday every week, from 1900UK to 2300UK.

-Make sure you familiarize yourself with our game rules. Boring stuff, yes, but not long-winded and essential reading.

Good luck, and even if you are not part of our game, enjoy our thread!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

test%20pic%20v2_2.jpg

So the draws been made and we head to the Castille and Leon region of Spain and take over the reins at Burgos Club de  Fútbol, joining me in Segunda B1 will be Nuno and newcomer Jay.

burgos%20background.jpg

team%20photo.jpg

I always have a mangers name related to the dedicated country we play and this year is no difference. I have gone way back to the 13th century and as we are based in Castille I've gone for the top dog/King back in 1252 and taken Alphonso X  for my profile this campaign.

358c582af11e42a9bdeb13ea65169262.jpg

And so the long awaited draw is over. The tense build up that has dogged the clan for weeks has passed and everyone appears to be happy with their team selections. Having picked out Recreativo early on, I am delighted with that no-one had selected them before my name was drawn and now look forward to the challenges ahead. I expect to be at the club for a good few seasons as we aim to carve our way through the leagues and into the promised land of La Liga. I'd like to win a trophy or two with the Recreativo before moving on and building a Barcelona-esque dynasty at a club with an active B-side.  

Hercules

Jose-Rico-Perez1.jpg

Introduction

Matt Pav_ My Profile Profile.png

To paraphrase the late great Rowdy Roddy Piper, I came here to win titles and chew bubblegum. And i'm fresh out of bubblegum. The only thing is, this is the lions den, a foreign land. Big things are expected but the club is in massive decline. The Spanish Portsmouth is a nickname bounded about. Not by anyone else, But by me. In fact I just made it up but I like it. It's win or bust. Never has a truer statement been made. No promotion and I'm out. They wanted the title, but I don't think that was ever realistic. This is a project and every good football project needs a philosophy. So what is my football philosophy.

Philosophy

Hércules-Zaragoza_once-inicial.jpg

The philosophy is possession based as well as utilising Jurgen Klopp's Gengenpress. As history has shown, most coaches have utilized high-pressure defending as a means to an end: regaining possession. This follows the standard dogma that more possession logically leads to more opportunities and thus, more goals. Klopp, however, saw the beauty in eliminating the middleman and instead opted to use counter-pressing as an actual part of the attack.Klopp commonly opts for a narrow 4-2-3-1 with width provided by marauding fullbacks. When defending, a high back line effectively crowds the midfield, allows for players to hunt in packs, and makes passing through the center an unsavory proposition for opponents. This is all done in an effort to win back the ball as high up the pitch as possible. 

Gegenpressing means to pressure the opposition immediately after losing possession. So your team have attacked and lost the ball. The opposition now have possession of the ball and instead of leaving the ball and dropping off to become organised and compact behind the ball, energetic pressure is immediately applied around the ball as an organised and co - cohesive unit. The first priority of Gegenpressing is to try and win the ball back as quickly as possible and then counter the counter attack. The second priority is to force the opposition to make a hurried inaccurate or panicked pass, which your team can gain possession from or intercept or win and then counter attack.

I think John Barnes said it best in the words of timeless Rap. "You can defend or attack, theres only one way to beat them get round the back...."

Club Overview

Hercules C.F._  General.png

The club is in massive decline, I came in and I tried to balance the budget. I slashed the wage bill by nearly 15k. Thinking that might help. But with target set for promotion I've put a target on my back. We were a big fish in a small pond but this fish is out of water and is flapping about trying not to die. As you can see the club is in a mess. I'm up **** creek without a paddle. That's enough analogy's for now. It's a funny old game, a game of two halves, at the end of the day ... It gets dark. And out of darkness cometh light. I'm stuck in some sort of cliche loop so lets see what kind of mess i'm in.

Hercules C.F._ Finances Summary.png

Season Overview

I think I've done ok. Sabadell have been unbelievable Jeff. Playoffs look like the way to go and the only way I will be able to stay in the job. It's been a learning curve but progress has been made I just hope I get the time I deserve. As next season I think the club will really kick on.

Segunda Division B Grupo 3_ Overview Profile.png

Spanish Hero/MVP

David Mainz_ Overview Profile.png

By far and away my best player. Been an absolute machine. 

Summary

I've had 4 board meetings and counting and some how I'm still standing. I'm not going to break out in song, or quote one saying that I will survive. None of that jazz. But I'll leave you with an inspirational meme. From somebody we all know, As this is not a time to stick our heads in the sand. And I am not an Ostrich. But this is a direct message to my board

nigel.jpg

Screenshot_59_zpsuahwqfmj.png

Real Murcia would today like to introduce the fans and media too Adebajo Akinbiyi. He was our first and only choice too take the club forward into what we hope to be an exciting year ahead. Ade has recently returned to Murcia too mourn the death off a family member and upon hearing off the vacancy at our club immediately made himself available. 

The new manager knows the huge task at hand, rising debts are a problem aswell as no money available for wages or transfers, but we as a club feel we are in a healthy position too challenge for promotion this year and that will be the minimum expectation.

test%20pic%20v2_4.jpg

AndyF - Alphonso X

So the first week is over in our new adventure in Spain and its been a bit of an indifferent start to our campaign. We finished the week in 6th but  things could be much better after a run of 6 games without a win stalled our progression up the league after taking 10pts in the first 4 games.
With the board wanting a top half finish I'm confident that we can achieve this come May and maybe push for at least a play off spot.

One thing I'm relieved at is that I wont be the first managerial casualty of this years game as that honor has fell upon clan veteran Stu, as he quickly fell out of favor with the Real Jaen board who fired him after a dismal opening 9 games with them sitting in 17th place in Segunda B4.

Until Next Time......

970f9778df6d4c81a35b475fbf75b673.jpg

It's been a solid start to life at Recreativo as we currently sit in 1st position and 6 points clear of the team in 2nd place. It is of course early days, but the signs are looking promising that we will have a successful season exceeding the expectations of mid-table. As you can see from my managerial profile above, my preferred formation utilises a three-man defence. However, due to the players at my disposal, I have implemented a 4-4-1-1 formation and channelled my efforts into creating a balanced system that plays to the strengths of my squad.

Screenshot_61%202_zpsbduuxp9z.png

TOUGH START FOR AKINBIYI

Murcia are not where they want to be in the table. There may only be 5 points between them and the playoffs but its still not good enough for a squad expected to be challenging for promotion. The manager has defended the players in the media but in truth they are not performing to the levels expected off them.

With  the manager already being summoned for a board meeting it seems he has a month too try and turn things around or he will more than likely find himself out off a job.

transfers_zpskwc0ama3.png

With some excellent work in the transfer market over the summer if Akinbiyi is going to turn things around he definitely has the players at the club capable off putting a run off wins together. Notable performers so far are star striker Cuero who has managed too find the back off the net and midfield general Cuevas who after signing a new contract at the club has cemented his place in the middle of the formation.

NO FEAR FOR AKINBIYI

Screenshot_79_zpssn08myso.png

The Murcia board has answered its critics within Spanish football and given the manager there backing to take the team forward. With pundits and opposition managers calling for his head the manager has remained dignified and has let the teams recent football do the talking. The results have been nothing less than perfect too showing that firing a coach isn't always the solution too a teams problems.

Screenshot_78_zpssluzth3o.png

test%20pic%20v2_7.jpg

Alphonso X - Burgos

A run of 11 games undefeated came to an end on the final game of the week as we suffered in front of goal as AndyGs' Ponferradina fortunately secured a 2-0 defeat. Even with that defeat we are still in contention for the play-offs this season and with our home record this year I'm relieved that 4 of the 6 games left will be on home soil.

s1%20remaining%20fixtures.jpg

Until Next Time....

manager profile fm17 1.jpg

We started the season off strongly, increasing the gap to 2nd to as many as 12 points at one stage. Fast forward a couple of months and we find ourselves struggling for consistency, but still 5 or os points clear at the summit. With just 6 games remaining, we have just about reached the play-offs and, hopefully, can hold onto top spot.

Screenshot at Nov 19 17-33-14.png

On the plus side, the board are happy with my performance this season, after they expected us to be somewhere between top-half and mid-table. As you can see, they're are less pleased with our recent matches and this will need to be something I get right in the remaining games.

Stuart - Albacete  wkmohk.png

I've had some poor starts to a football manager but this has to be the worst i can Remember. A nightmare start with my 1st chose pick Real Jaen Saw me sacked in 8! games. It was harsh as i had lost my top striker for 9 months, he has scored 3 goals in 5 games and without him i knew i was in trouble. After what was the quickest sacking i PGC History ( Much to the joy of some members ) I ended up with my 3rd pick Albacete this was a side who had sacked there manager after a poor start.  I didn't want to go them to start with was because the board wanted to go up and the media had the down for 2nd place. It didn't matter much now as i had already been sacked and had little to lose. 

ypdl2.png

Being Albacete has been just as hard, My form is all over the place and the board are unhappy with me again, i have been called to the board twice and lucky im still hanging on in there. I know i am doing something wrong and i am all but out to time to fix it. Lucky for me the weeks games have come to a end so i have time to work on things. We did end the week with a 1-0 away win and a 4-1 home win so what ever i am getting wrong on the tactic front im not far off from getting it right . 

14o3v2p.png

33a9gzp.png

Next week should see the season over and done with and chances are me looking for another club. i really need a fast start, winning games is the only thing that will keep me at this club. If i do lose my job here i will be gutted as this place can go places if you can get it right. With a good fan base and ground you really could go places here, All i see me going is out the door , but who knows.

Well thats me till end of the season. I really hope the next time i post i have better news. 

Till next time

Till

Santander%20Badge.png

I'm back after 2 years out of FM Online and took over Racing Santander mainly because of the good youth set up already at the club but after taking the job i realised how big a club it is and board want the title but with big loan debts there is no money to do anything.

We are currently over 4 mill in the red so promotion is a must this season.

Transfer wise there was not much doing i got one youth free signing for the future and two loan signings which came in january.

Results so far

28c132c8a9794fd6acf9132b3d47545e.png

28c132c8a9794fd6acf9132b3d47545e.png

Current Table

c6e731ebc77f4f289130962ff3ea924b.png

The season has gone well so far we have built on a solid defence and have been carried upfront by Cesar Diaz with 24 goals so far this season.

0368effaf7d3432b8e7d70cc4ecbd97e.png

Final push tonight to seal the league and then the lottery of the playoffs which is a must win for us or i could be out of a job and the club in big trouble financially.

Sean 

Logrones FC

Well well .....  This was a season were i went beyond my expectations, as someone who's played this game since he was in nappies i always have faith that i can do a job, but having prepared very little for this years clan and having not had a tactic made/ready or nothing going into game 1 in the season i was shocked to see us kick/scratch/claw our way up the table and reach the top and stay there all the way until the end!! so yes we finished first great ye??? no its bloody not great because we go into a promotion playoff and get kicked in the saggy man rocks!! our first playoff game against Ali were 2-1 down away which is not a bad result at all there is nothing in the game at all as we draw to a close Ali's player takes an awful dive ( should be banned for 5 matches ) and he gets a pen on the 89th minute..... second leg!! Ali takes the lead and we equalize only for him to kick off and my player to physically assault his attacker with two feet absolutely brain numbing it was, so we go onto lose..... but the fun doesnt stop there, this was the champions playoff! we now drop into the rest of the pile playoff :D we draw Levante B and we kick their arse for 90 minutes but somehow lose 3-1 incredible really, second leg the home tie the all important game!! 26 shotts on goal 2-0 up cruising i tell ya cruising!!! Logrones have a penalty time to seal the deal, or do they??? no they bloody miss and i get countered and scored on 2-1 full time so i lose out in the worst possible fashion this combined with the fact before the playoffs i lost my 2 best players in Chevi and Caneda also Boerigter stubbed his big toe the big girls blouse that he is, also lost 2 players to yellow card limits and one to a red card, so ye all in all 2 pens conceded 1 missed it was pretty dismal as you can probably tell by my salty post :D:D 

Mendi.png... Stats in playoff..png

First SS is my player of the season Mendi who i have just sold to Jamie for 500k and the second is my final game in my promotion playoff :( gutting to say the least!! but on we go in life they poop happens, on FM anything happens :D

Congrats to Ali and Pedro who both went up interesting to see how they get on.

Window - So far so average :-) but were slowly getting there i'm around 3/4 players away from being happy so ill report back soon with a video or post about how things are going.

Stuart - 33c4sj5.png

A nightmare season came to a end but i may of got abit of respect back in the final session of the season. With needing a flying start to save my job the side picked up where we left off and went on a much needed run, We got with in 1 point of the playoffs before i lost my final game. We needed seans help on the final day to beat Real Soiciedad B but he lost 4-0 so even if we had of won we would of failed to make the playoffs but we won 5 out of our last 8 games with 2 draws and 1 loss, a good return and good enough to keep me in a job for the summer at least. The board have not given me a new contract but have kept me on and not being a coward like matt who jumped ship i have got my head down and is putting in the time and effort to get this club up and running. 

33c4u3s.png

SUMMER WINDOW

Were in the widow now and for me the Debt is the number one issue. a 3.5m debt has seen my wage bill cut by 25k, with players leaving it was not enough to cover what i needed to bring in new faces. I have been working hard on bringing in new players on loan and after the sale of some top earners im happy to report that i have some spending money to bring in what i need, and boy do i need!! GK 2 DC LB MC 2 Strikers. I have bits in on players and fingers crossed i can sign them in tonight session. 

210fz2e.png

Full window Report will be done once business is finished.

Season ahead 

If the stress was not bad enough with the debt the wage bill being cut, and only 12 players at the club the board threw yet another bomb shell at me by saying they wanted TO WIN THE LEAGUE!!, The media have me down for 1st place so my guess is alot of weed has been passed around by the powers above and the press as for what they are asking is a joke. 12 players and stinking debt to deal with makes me have to get this summer window Right. I will need to add these new faces fast and get them used to my system Fast. I do think we are able to make the playoffs this season but winning the league is abit much, maybe if i can stay 2nd or 3rd the board will let me off abit but in this league you dont get much wiggle room with boards. 

The others 

Pedro : Great season but no shock, pedro knows the league and did a done of home work on the beta to sign the players he wanted for his side, He made the league look easy and never blinked when it came to the playoffs. Pedro side is good enough already for the league hes about to join so dont be shocked if he goes up again, and maybe run away with this clan. 

Ali : Also a big well done to ali who also went up this season, Ali was steady all season long but had a wobble at the end of the season but was able to hang onto top spot. Ali went up by beating Sean in the playoffs, so by the time he played pedro he was already up. Ali will need to add this window and he knows it, tho the board dont think they will stay up my guess is Ali will prove them and the media wrong. 

Sean : OOOOhhhhh dear. Waah waah and boo boos a plenty right now, after a strong showin in the league sean blew the playoffs. In his own words he woke his street up when he missed a pen and leavante went up the other end and scored. Tears would then flow on his youtube reports and one can only think back to the german kid who smashed his pc up when it all went wrong, My guess is sean was not far from that. Like me sean now had debt issues and has to rebuild in some areas. i expect he will be up there again this season but hes still hurting from what might of been. 

Jamie: another member who blew the league apart only to fail in the playoffs. Jamie came back to the PGC after a 2 year break and hit the ground running, his side ran away with the league but key injurys at the end of the season saw him lose out in going up, His key Striker went cold at the wrong time and in the end he will also spend another season in the lower league. He debt is the biggest out of all of us but yet his board as given him 2million to spend this window so with that kinda cash he should go up next season. 

Jonas: For me the suprise of the season. Jonas had a very strong season a top striker always helps but jonas proved he got his pick spot on, his tactics suit the club. Things may about to change tho as Jonas has thing going on at board level that are holding him up this window. he will be selling his top striker and with him only getting 15% of of incoming dealings he needs to work just as hard as i have to get players in. 

Fallo : heart break for andy this season, Was up there fighting all season long only to miss out on the playoffs on the last game of the season. That must of been a hard one to have taken as he really did do well. Andy seems to have a stable side and again picked well at the start so i think he will be looking to kick on next season. i am not sure what his board want this season but i think its safe to say he should be able to match what ever they ask of him. So unlucky this season tho. 

Mike : Like me Mike was sacked this season and with things going on outside of the game missed abit of the season. Mike will show what he is made of this season now he is able to put time and effort into the game. If mike gets things right then he will be up there fighting it out with for a playoff place. Expect him to be a dark horse with him signing key staff members already and adding the players needed on the pitch. 

Matt: The man has more life's than a cat. after so many board meeting through the season matt was able to see the season out tho he was unable to go up he still never lost his job. Like me Matt never got offered a new deal but was not sacked either, Matt then bottled it and left his side and has now joined UCAM. Matt didn't seem to have the fight to stick it out and with his rep now in tatters i would be suprised if anyone will follow him on his Tactical Fourm lol. All jokes aside Matt does have skills and alot of luck so my guess is he will be up there this season fighting it out for the league.

Jay: Another who was sacked this season, Jay went to my old club and walked into the nightmare that i left. No strikers jay was on a hiding to nothing but was able to keep them up. Like me jay was not offered a new deal at the end of the season but unlike me and Matt, Jay was booted out the door. One thing we all know from our first season is don't Touch Jaen, That board is nasty. Jay has went Murcia and will need a fast start as this is another board who don't mind sacking there managers. 

Gills : After fighting back with Murcia in the 2nd week of clan Andy was sacked after anothe bad run, Andy now finds himself at Ponferradian. I don't knock much about this club and Andy is keeping his cards close this time around. hes been active in the window so look for him this season to make a comeback. 

Nuno: Sacked mid season Nuno came back on fire he took his side Alcoyano, who were 3rd bottom and ran riot for 2nd half of the season picking up some eye catching wins along the way. Nuno has shown he has what it takes in this game and if he is able to have a good window and his form carrys on then there is no doubt in my mind a playoff place is in his sight. 

Well thats you all upto date on your first season

Cya next time

Jamie - Racing Santander

Santander%20Badge.png

5021f1027b0442afa748cc377ec12ad5.png

Season ended with a whimper we hit our worst run of form in the most important session of the season.

That and injuries to my two first choice centrebacks  killed our momentum losing more games in the last session than the season as a whole.

Surprisingly though the finances improved overnight at one point we were 4.5 mill in debt then i get a message of a 2.6 mill loan then suddenly my bank balance is 11 million so i don't know if they used the money on a winning horse or if we won the lottery.

So i had 2 million to spend in the window alongside a big increase in wage budget.

4bf488b663344f4c8059bba286960e16.png

Signings so far

54195ebf09f2458880b3857c191c306c.png

Top Signings

Mendi - Target man signed from Sean at Logrones

9da20ed6004f46049a52155223a2211f.png

Rudan - Target Man 

69b9a9582a224b9882ba9db255e33a40.png

Etxeberria - Right Wingback

0c9b9c75ef014925bc2e20b2ef711b0c.png

My squad let me down last season outside the first 11 we struggled especially upfront where only Diaz managed over 10 goals so when he went missing goals dried up.

So this window has been all about getting good cover everywhere so we hopefully don't get the same problems we faced at the end of this season.

bourg%20banner.jpg

AndyF - Alphonso X

With 6 games left on Monday to see out or first season in Spain and we was in with a shout of grabbing one of the playoff spaces up for grabs. Unfortunately it wasn't to be as 2 wins 2 Draws & 2 Defeats meant we fell just short, agonizingly missing out on the final game of the season when a win would have been sufficient enough to reach the PO's.

s1%20eos%20run_1.jpg

Transfers

With dire transfer funds our only hope of bringing anyone in to boost the squad is limited to loans and freebies. Until the clubs finances improve dramatically its looking like being the only way to buy for the next few seasons.

s1%20transfers_1.jpg

Awards

s1%20eos%20awards.jpg

Until Next Time.....

Screenshot_28_zpsw6ke66bu.png

AKINBIYI TOO TAKE PONFERRADINA UP ??

After a torrid time at Murcia where Ade found himself breaking win records left right and centre and sitting in 3rd ready too push for top spot, the board in there wisdom decided too sack the manager after a semifinal loss in a cup which wasn't rated as important enough to try and win in the season expectations.  This decision cost Murcia in the end with them finding themselves still in the same league after a loss in the end of season playoffs.

Akinbiyi now finds himself at another club aiming for promotion in Ponferradina. After steadying the ship and narrowly missing out on the play offs ( upsetting Andy Fallons push also) the manager has set about building a team capable of playing in his new 4 4 2 formation and for pushing on into the play off places.

Screenshot_33_zpso60535ok.png   Screenshot_32_zpsrydhoerx.png

Trusting in Youth has been a key too the managers past success and he has two gems in  much sought after Oscar Gill from Bilbao and Ivi from Sevilla. These two players are probably too good for this level of football and the manager has done brilliantly too convince them too play for him this season. In midfield he has brought in a couple off free transfers from England and  Lucas Coyete from Argentina just proving the extent off the managers knowledge in todays transfer market.

realunion.jpg

A season of up's and down's

So, with the first season of FM17 over, it's time to hold up the mirror and reflect on the first 12 months...

03f78178607e47c58d2eb176aec319a1.png

The window was okay, but not perfect. I had about 4 players extra I wanted to offload, who spent the season not playing game, but simply cashing in the checks. I got a great young MC in from Deportivo, Corredera, who scored some class goals throughout the season, but unfortunately didn't want to sign permanently, when his contract was ending, and he instead went on to join Pedro... Class buy from Pedro, as this kid is really special. I got a young DC Varejao in, who looks to be a pretty good prospect. Finally, both my keepers were in on loan, so I went out and signed 2 youth keepers, and in the winter window, I splashed on a new senior keeper.

With the league under way, we started off running... Or that's to say, Galan did! My star player started off magnificently and sent us straight to the top after 11 games and the first break of FM17...

4daa56d764f74a319bfa581b0f8c9a50.png

So all was well in Real Unión - or so I thought...

The goals quickly started to dry out with Galan going several games without goals, and I started to fall slowly down the league to just circling PO, which was the board's and my target for the season.

Towards the end of the season, with 32 games gone, I had to miss the last two sessions of the season due to work commitments and going to FCK's Champions League game against Porto (FORZA FCK!)...

bd4df3d9b5e84b93a75bc7214a8a7e6a.png

At that point, we were in the last spot of the PO places, but with only 3 points down, and with all the sackings that had been during the season, I was dreading leaving my assistant in charge for 2 sessions.

Especially with 2 difficult away games to end the season.

4b6f2d4148f24d7db685f3f2ab88a839.png

But to my surprise, I came back and still had a job, but narrowly missing out of PO. This suited me well, as this would not go to my board's head, and I was right, as our new goal is simply a top half position.

Galan was unsurprisingly the top, top, top player in my team. But a performance like that comes at a cost. Better clubs were interested, and Galan demanded a move as soon as the season ended. With only a year left of his contract, I decided it was better to grant him the move, rather than risk bad morale causing issues.

c32c72866adb4bb28f943bce4bcda0cd.png

So with the new season having just begun, our first game awaits on Monday, and with Galan only just having left, I'm considering whether to search for a new "top" striker, or to go with the loans I've secured from other sides. But to be honest, I'm also looking forward to proving that we can survive without Galan (knock on wood)...

It's going to be a difficult season though, as Sean proved once again that he's a top manager in the previous season, and Stu having had a summer window to completely set up his side. I'm fully expecting those two to battle it out for the title and taking two of the four PO spots, leaving me to battle for one of the remaining two. For the first season, I was perfectly happy with taking a spot just outside of PO, but this season, I'll try to push on for more, as I've seen how quickly your finances evaporate down here and board's lose patience.

ee08d6663d29421faed221335be8433b.png

It was a great season for my Recreativo side, securing promotion after success in the Spanish Division B playoffs. The season itself was one that started off very well, stretching out a double figure lead over 2nd place. Things took a bit of a tumble around March, where our form was inconsistent at best as we failed to secure points at home and away. On the last game of the season, we started the match 3 points behind Murcia, but with a better goal difference and a winning head to head. At half time we were losing and it looked as though we'd miss out on that top spot. As luck would have it though, we managed to claw our way back into the game to secure a win, whilst 2nd place side threw away all three points on the 80th minute. That meant that we finished top of the pile in the most miraculous of circumstances. 

And within minutes, our attention was refocused to the playoffs, as we had been drawn against Sean's Logrones. A side that had lost a couple of key players, but one that had ultimately finished the season well with a 76 point haul. On one side, i was happy to avoid the might of Jamie's Santander and the strength of Pedro's Sabadell, but this is Sean, the manager who has come out as top dog in the last two FMs. I predicted a tough game.

Thankfully, our side put in a much improved performance and deserved to come away from the home leg with a win. Luck was on our side as well, as we secured an 89th minute penalty after some blatant shirt pulling in the box. A 2-1 victory would have been a fair result going on the stats below, but 3-1 put me in pole position for promotion.

First Leg Stats

Screenshot%20at%20Nov%2026%2014-24-06.pn

The second leg was a different story. Sean had a couple of half chances early on, which he missed and we managed to take ours with an own goal from Sean's de Corta. Luck appeared to be on our side again, and just as Sean equalised on the 30th minute, his player Ivan Rodriguez decided now was the time to make a 2-footed crunching tackle, just as we had kicked off from the restart. I will admit, I had to stifle a laugh at this point. Sean was down to 10-men, needed 2 goals to get back in the match and was having a meltdown in our group chat. As it was, my attacking midfielder scored a beauty on the 54th minute and I decided it was time to keep the ball a bit more and take less risks going forward. We ran out 5-2 winners on aggregate. 

Second Leg Stats

Screenshot%20at%20Nov%2026%2014-48-10.pn

Staying up will be a tricky one next season. We are predicted to finish 21st of 22 and have a grand total of £40k to spend. Picking up free transfers will be our transfer policy this window, as we will need to add quality to a side that scraped over the line to win promotion. The board only expect us to fight bravely against relegation, which essentially means my job will be safe if we go back down, but my aim will be to secure our position as a 2nd division side as we hoover up the much increased prize money and tv deals ready for a title challenge in the 3rd season.

- The History

Chapter I (Introduction)

--» First of all let me introduce myself,my name is "Nuno Miguel Rosa",with a age of 45 and i'm from Coimbra,a beautiful city in the center of Portugal with one of the oldest universities in europe.

GV0z9gG.jpg

AJ9nT7p.png

Chapter II (The Game I)

--» You're probably wondering why at 45 i still play Football Manager.

It's because i love to much this game and because how important was it in a difficult period of my life (the death of my Father and one of my brothers),the Game give me lots of friendship (although many of the players never met them personally),respect and most importantly it all give me mental stability to prevent me from going down in the most difficult period of my life.

I play FM since the beginning (stone age) with "The Manager -1990" and i never say never to a good challenge,i say that was time to stop playing online at FM-Brasil,where the are never,in most cases,compliant of whatever,so i dicided to challenge myself and venture this year in to this online adventure on "PGC - European Adventures".

Chapter III (The Game II)

--» For my first adventure in the unknow (this year in PGC we play 2ºDivision B,in Spain),i decided to take charged of my first choise in a short list of 4 Teams,"Pontevedra C.F.,SAD",with a tactic of 4-1-2-2-1 "with a defensive midfielder",this's a tactic of control mentality and fluid.

scSs2F1.png

--» But only after a few games (it was going to be a long season "38 games") and only 4 defeats but 11 draws,the Club management thought it was time for a change,even i was 4 points behind the PO,so i got sacked in my first adeventure with PGC.

Chapter IV (Present)

--» Having to start all over again i decided to wait until December "winter transfer" it was just around the corner,and because before i take charged of a new Club i want to have more time to look for reinforcements for the Team i wanted to take on this new attempt.So when December arrived i was better prepared and aware of the reinforcements i needed for my new Team.

3RF0zjF.png

Chapter IV (Present II)

--» Was you can see my new Club is CD Alcoyano with a stadium with a capacity for 8,000 people and with an affiliation to Valencia (very useful).When i pick up this Club,they are in the relegation zone (17º) with the morale very low but after a talk with the players they so me with a person that was bringing a new fresh game philosophy and after they so the reinforcements,they start playing like a Team and the results began to appear.

V74QFHn.jpg

After only a few games the Club start to playing very well and soon they left relegation zone and began to climb the leaderboard.

By the way the tatic that i used with the Alcoyano is the very same that i've used with Pontevedra but now with better results.

Chapter V (Present III)

--» At the end of the season (May) Alcoyano finished in 7º (remember that they are in relegation zone --17º),thanks in part to David Torres (forward) and Miguel Banuz (goalkeeper).We finished with only 3 games lost (one with Sabadell -- Pedro Nervio,future and deserved champion,and the other two,against Barcelona B "how stupid i was to chanched for a new tatic" and against Eldense my "black beast" ).

qFEKPxG.jpg

For season 2 i hope that Alcoyano do better than last season and at least reach the PO....

P.S.:Sorry for the english mistakes and i try tomorrow (if the game is up) or on monday before we starting playing to put more images (i accidentally deleted the folder where i had the images) and i'm sorry for the beginner mistakes when we're playing....

Archived