FMS 2016 Awards: Live from Sam Allardyce's Bank Vault

mark wilson27

Welcome one and all to this years FMS Awards live from big Sam's bank vault. Please take a seat at your table and the waiter will be along shortly to take your money and maybe get you drink

(I must state that I am new to all this hosting malarkey so you'll have to bear with me)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'm the first one here. It's an honour to be in this wonderful, er, bank vault tonight to celebrate the FM Stories community. I'm sure that every one of us is here to celebrate one another, rather than make any personal gains.

Psst... by the way, I'm working on a new England story for FM17. I'm calling it "The Journey Begins Here".

First to offer £400k gets exclusive access to the first draft.

I've got the self-proclaimed "best player in Scotland" fresh off 3 weeks off to study the odds on these stories...gave me some good betting tips.  Says he thinks he can write as good as the rest of us lot.  Wants to know if he can post it all in tweets.

Right then gentlemen are we all seated with your wallets out

Our first award of the night will be the Fantasy Story of the Year

The nominees are as follows

The Next Generation CFuller

Jeux Sans Frontieres CFuller

Fifteen to One MKII – Who will beat Celtic_1967  mark wilson27

Its Time for the Rejects to Come Forward mark wilson27

This one was a ding dong battle till the end and the two winners could not be split in the end.

So a big congratulations to CFuller with Jeux Sans Frontieres and mark wilson27 with Its Time for the Rejects to Come Forward

Wow. That's a cause for celebration... but no alcohol for me, thanks. You know by now that I don't drink... and I don't smoke either, for that matter. That's why Fabio Saraiva, my assistant at Dagenham & Redbridge, calls me Goody Two Shoes.

That, and also because I sometimes like to pretend I'm Al Green.

What?  The newest host wins an award?  Can't be possible!  I'm going to have my very good friend from Russia and his crew of crack hackers investigate this as we speak.  As for my compatriot in the audience, CFuller, Congratulations!

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

Congratulations CFuller on a brilliant story which in my opinion deserved to win outright

It's just an honour to even be nominated, let alone win. That said, I am particularly proud of that story, considering how much effort I put into it.

Just now, copperhorse21 said:

What?  The newest host wins an award?  Can't be possible!  I'm going to have my very good friend from Russia and his crew of crack hackers investigate this as we speak.  As for my compatriot in the audience, CFuller, Congratulations!

YEEHAW! Thank you, my fellow Americ... oh, hang on, that's not right...

The winner for Short Story of the Year has been won by mark wilson27and Mission Impossible

However it must be noted that in this category the actual winner failed to vote so forfeited his chance to win. Its not the way I wanted to win and this is why I nagged so much for people to vote

Just now, WLKRAS said:

You need the password "Keynote speaker"

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong. I've tried "LYNN", "ROBBIEWILLIAMS", "ALEXFERGUSON", and even "JUSSIJAASKELAINEN". Thanks.

Unfortunately, Andy Townsend could not be here with me this year, as he tragically choked to death last week after having a cliché lodged in and around his throat. However, I'm sure a few of you will recognise my plus-one for tonight.

Good evening, esteemed FMSers. I am Gio Bambini, President of FIFA and architect of the FIFA World Championship (I'm not one to brag, but that now has 2,332 current subscribers on Steam Workshop). Although I am disappointed that we are not in President Blatter's underground bunker this year, it is a tremendous honour to be here nonetheless. FMS and FIFA both represent the highest levels of honesty, sportsmanship, professionalism, and integrity.

Julia, please do whatever you can to persuade the voting committee to give the Story of the Year award to that Russian guy - EvilDave, I think his name is? Remember, it is critical that the Russian gets what he deserves.

Sorry? EvilDave is not Russian? Well, I could have sworn...

Gentlemen it is now time for the award for Best Story Idea of the Year and the nominees are as follows:

The Next Generation CFuller

Jeux Sans Frontieres CFuller

A Continent From The Couch – Euro 2020 In The Media EvilDave

A Russian Revelation  EvilDave

Fifteen to One MKII – Who will beat Celtic_1967 mark wilson27

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

Shameful plugging by CFuller there.....just shameful

I knew I shouldn't have invited that self-centred Swiss fat cat with an ego the size of the Large Hadron Collider. He was bound to get me in trouble at some point.

Just now, copperhorse21 said:

I bet you will hold onto that award, Sir.  Probably right along with the cash supplied in a duffel bag for the 2022 Re-vote for the World Cup

It'll be melted down, get a good price for Gold nowadays

Good evening everyone. We may need a bigger venue next year, it's getting a bit busy in here. The guy in the toilets encouraging people to wash their hands for a fiver looks a lot like Lee Cattermole.

Just now, neilhoskins77 said:

Good evening everyone. We may need a bigger venue next year, it's getting a bit busy in here. The guy in the toilets encouraging people to wash their hands for a fiver looks a lot like Lee Cattermole.

And apparently you need to give him a yellow card to enter.

Boom boom.

I'll get my coat.

Archived