Half Invincible

I've done all kinds of things with Portsmouth. I've multiple trebles, I've set the League points record, but the one accolade that's eluded me is being invincible. I've come close many times but as FM17 quickly approaches and I'm still undefeated in January I realize this may be my last chance to truly immortalize Portsmouth as the greatest side of all time, The Portsmouth Invincibles. Any tips? :D

16d53df4ad5f46de9f93cb3cef2c9573.png

Keep your players focused. The trouble I always have with undefeated season is maintaining focus at the end of the season. Especially when the league is already won. That's when I most often slip up.

The one time I managed one on recent seasons, I was much harsher in team talks than I would normally be, and constantly reminding them not to get complacent for the next match.

21 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Keep your players focused. The trouble I always have with undefeated season is maintaining focus at the end of the season. Especially when the league is already won. That's when I most often slip up.

The one time I managed one on recent seasons, I was much harsher in team talks than I would normally be, and constantly reminding them not to get complacent for the next match.

I agree with this. I've totally switched now from being a manager who praises players all the time and tries to make them feel happy, to one who is demanding and tries to stomp out complacency whenever I can.

Some players don't like me that much any more, but the results are way better. I suspect I might be going too far down the harsh route so may need to look at praising from time to time when it seems right, but overall if you have a determined and professional squad, they seem to respond well to harsher treatment, especially if they are good with pressure and don't get too nervous.

My younger brother had a fantastic save on CM4 (ish) with Bayern Munich. He won every game in the Bundesliga up until the final game at home to Schalke 04, where he was beaten 1-0 with an own goal the last 5 minutes of the match.

I dont think he's ever recovered! He certainly developed a real life hatred towards Schalke!! 

Archived