[FM16] Leading the Spartans

JHFM

Blyth Spartans - Introduction

Lhjan3.png

After many seasons of world domination, I've finally decided to put down my FM15 save with Barrow and start a new game. The timing is slightly off and this save will take me well into FM17, but I'm just eager to get started. This is my first time writing on these forums and I can't wait to share this journey with all of you.

Objectives: Win the at least FA Cup, Premier League, and Champions League. Turn Blyth Spartans into a world dominant force. 

This is just meant to be a short introduction. I'll give another update at the end of preseason to outline the transfers, tactics, etc. for our 1st season in charge of Blyth. Thanks for reading!

Blyth Spartans - Preseason 2015/16

Lhjan3.png

The club has had a successful first preseason, but before we get into it I want to show you my manager and the club information.

Club Info

Overview | Facilities | Finances (as of Aug 7, 2015)| History

If there is anything else you want to know I'll be happy to post it. 

The Manager

My manager is 26 years old, American, with a National C License and past playing experience of Sunday League Footballer. You can look at my attributes here. I made myself much more of a tactical manager as that is what I prefer. My highest stats are determination and man management. 

Anyways, lets get down to business and actually look at what I did with the team during preseason.

Transfers (Out)

wXyLsB.png

As you can see, no one left the club this summer. I didn't feel the need to sell anyone with the wage budget under control and a small squad.

Transfers (In)

nweWqe.png

A quiet transfer window, with two players joining us for free.

Jordan Storey - A central midfielder who is already decent for this level and can only get better. He'll be a rotational player at first but may end up in the first team.

Ian Molloy - He is only 18 and already could potentially be our first choice goalkeeper this year.  

Key Players

Dan Maguire - Talented young striker who should be able to tear apart the league this year. 

Robert Dale - Club captain and a fantastic player for this level. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the flanks.

Wilson Kneeshaw - He'll be playing right wing and up top for us. Great pace and still has a few years to improve his technique.

Nathan Buddle - I'm hoping he'll be the key man in our defense. A very solid center back who could play at a higher level.

Friendlies

0hXIcV.png

Overall a good preseason, but the performance against Queens Park worries me considering they're an amateur club. Our attack was on fire throughout most of the games, but our defense seems a bit leaky. Dan Maguire scored in 4 of the 5 games and Wilson Kneeshaw was also fantastic. This leaves me excited for the season ahead!

Board Objectives

Northern Premier League - Promotion by winning the league

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup - Reach the Final

Personal Objectives

Northern Premier League - Win It

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - Don't Care

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup - Don't Care

QyD1NY.png

Here we go boys!! Thanks for reading the first update of hopefully many!

46 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Good luck :)

Thanks  :D

42 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

Making a prediction now....

Blyth Spartans - Champions of Europe in 9 seasons - Don't let me down ;)

That's a bold prediction your making :cool:.  I hope I don't disappoint you!

Blyth Spartans - August 2015

Lhjan3.png

Northern Premier Premier

NPg9z0.png

A blistering start to the season, the first four games we were far better than I expected.

The 6-1 win against Stamford was a dream start for my career, with Wilson Kneeshaw getting a hat-trick and having a briliant performance. We followed that up with a 4-0 win away at Nantwich, with Hooks, Kneeshaw, Maguire, and Wearmouth all scoring. Our spectacular form continued against Matlock, with Kneeshaw getting a brace as we beat them 4-0. Our best performance this month was at Barnwell, as we picked up another cleasheet and beat them 5-0 with Maguire scoring twice. On the fifth matchday we finally dropped points, Buxton held us to a 0-0 draw away from home. Our win against Workington was much less convincing, but we came back from being 2-1 down to beat them 3-2. 

OIQHa5.png

We sit top of the table, but Salford are right on our tails and seem like they will be our big rivals this year. Hopefully we can keep up our form in September get some distance on the other teams in the league. Thanks for reading!

7 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

I would never be able to win 6 - 1 on my debut - great scenes!

I couldn't quite believe it myself. Stamford are one of the worst teams in the league but I wasn't expecting us to score 6.

Blyth Spartans - September 2015

Lhjan3.png

Northern Premier Premier

AH2qWn.png

Despite our unbeaten run coming to an end, we've had another fantastic month. 

We started off with a 4-2 win against Mickleover, with Kneeshaw and Maguire both scoring twice. Sutton Coldfield gave us a tough game away from home, but  a beautiful long shot from Michael Richardson made the difference. We then beat Stourbridge 2-1 at home with Richardson and Dale grabbing the goals. Ilkeston then handed us our first loss of the season because of 3 goals just before half time that we never recovered from. We bounced back with a 5-0 win at home to Rushell, and ended the month with a great 2-0 victory away at Marine. 

oXzbWe.png

We've created a nice gap at the top of the table and are in really good form. I knew that Blyth were one of the best teams in the league, but I wasn't expecting us to be cruising so much which is fantastic. Hopefully we can continue this throughout the season and run away with the title!

FA Cup

5hHeUt.png

Success so far in the FA Cup with 2 wins.

We won 3-0 against Maltby Main with Dale bagging a brace and Wearmouth scoring on a rare start that I gave him. We didn't put in the most convincing of performances against Haringey, but two goals from Dale and a goal from Richardson ensured our passage to the next round.

Hopefully we can keep up the great form. Thanks for reading!

12 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Cracking start. :)

Thanks, I'm  very pleased with the start!

12 hours ago, -Ironhide- said:

Ditto to that

Cheers :D

10 hours ago, deltablue said:

Real Madrid are running scared ;)

They don't stand a chance :cool:.

Blyth Spartans - October 2015

Lhjan3.png

Northern Premier Premier

FCkBZn.png

A bit of frustration this month as we've started to concede a lot of goals.

We started of with a solid 2-0 win away to Whitby, Robert Dale scoring both goals. We then suffered a 3-2 loss at home to the hands of Halesowen, a team we really should be beating. The game against Ashton United was extremely frustrated, we were 2-0 up inside 14 minutes but in the second half they absolutely tore us to shreds. We finished the month on a high, with Maguire and Richardson both scoring goals to beat Frickley 2-1. 

TRHsx3.png

Despite the losses, we are still well clear at the top of the league. Hopefully we can take advantage of our 2 games in hand and get 10 points clear of Salford.

FA Cup

s26v2v.png

Very annoying to go out to Darlington. We've met the board's expectations but I think we could've gone further and should have easily beat Darlington. 

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup

6NCR2Y.png

I played a rotated side due to fixture congestion and was left stunned by Coalville as we crashed out on penalties. This game we had 25 shots and 7 clear cut chances but our finishing was disastrous and fully deserved to go out because of it. Luckily I'm not too bothered about this cup competition, although we had a shot at winning it.

FA Trophy

lzVQKe.png

The team struggled with fatigue, and we lost to Spennymoor to round out a terrible month in the cups. 

We've crashed out of 3 cups in quick succession, but at least now we can focus on the league. Thanks for reading!

Blyth Spartans - November 2015

Lhjan3.png

Northern Premier Premier

LOvTl6.png

An amazing month as we win 6 out of 6. Our front three of Maguire, Kneeshaw, and Dale have been on fire.

We started off with a 3-1 win against Colwyn Bay, with Maguire, Kneeshaw, and Dale all scoring. We defended poorly against Grantam, but a brace from Maguire helped lead us to a 5-2 victory. We followed that up with a great 4-0 win against Ramsbottom. We exacted our revenge against Darlington (who knocked us out of the FA Cup) by beating them 3-0 away with a brace from Kneeshaw and a goal from Danny Parker. Against Stamford we went up 3-0 early thanks to a hat-trick from Maguire, but they scored twice late in the game to make for a nervy finish. We rounded of the month with a brilliant 4-1 win away at Salford, with Robert Dale scoring a hat-trick. 

qOQjYh.png

We are well clear at the top, I'm absolutely thrilled with how things have gone! If we can continue our potent goalscoring form, we should be able to cruise through the rest of the season without any issues. 

Overall, we are halfway through the season and things are looking good. Thanks for reading!

Blyth Spartans - December 2015

Lhjan3.png

Northern Premier Premier

47fSq6.png

We've been a bit inconsistent this month, and have been defending poorly.

We absolutely demolished Skelmersdale, with Dale scoring a hat-trick and Maguire bagging 2 goals. We followed that up with a disappointing defeat to Nantwich in which they scored an 89th minute winner. Dan Maguire scored a hat-trick against Hyde, helping lead us to a 4-2 victory. We got a 1-1 draw away at Buxton courtesy of an own goal. We then beat Barwell 2-1 thanks to goals from Parker and Maguire. We closed out 2015 with a 3-3 draw against Workington, we were 3-0 up at half time but collapsed in the second half and defended terribly.

9kRPze.png

Despite dropping some points, we could go 20 points clear at the top if we win our game in hand over Workington. Things are still looking very good. Thanks for reading!

Archived