Database Frustratations

So the way the database works if you load a Solo League it should load all the players from each team? But if you add other leagues it will only load the "top players"....... 

So loading up England Only I see the newly called up Oliver Burke in the Nottingham Forrest squad valued at 1.7m

loading up England with Scotland as a second league........... No Oliver Burke but 10 other players in the Nottingham Forrest squad valued UNDER 1.7m therefore 10 worst rated players than him.....

Why would that be? I thought the game loaded the "top" players from each team...... Obviously not..... 

• SI Staff

Value isn't necessarily what the choice of players goes on. From the underlying data I can see Burke should be around the 28th highest priority for extraction, however a certain number of goalkeepers are required - so Erlandsson comes in and just pushes him out.

We are looking to rework the database system in the long run to make this more flexible but it's a very big job.

On ‎2016‎年‎8‎月‎23‎日 at 05:24, Alari Naylor said:

Value isn't necessarily what the choice of players goes on. From the underlying data I can see Burke should be around the 28th highest priority for extraction, however a certain number of goalkeepers are required - so Erlandsson comes in and just pushes him out.

We are looking to rework the database system in the long run to make this more flexible but it's a very big job.

Can I know a little more about the priority rules for players extraction?

"In the long run" = the database will be just as bad in the next game.... FM Touch has shown what devices can cope with, it seems very little effort is put into mobile, very little changes each year, no build up or previews etc

We even got the exact same editor two years in a row despite the fact it costs the same as the actual game, very lazy. 

• 1 month later...

Like I said in another post, the database isn't going to be any better with two full leagues added, really should have worked on improving the current database as mentioned above :/ 

The new leagues ARE exciting and it's great that FMM is getting some publicity this year unlike previous years but there really has to be improvements to existing areas of the game such as the database and the in game editor which hasn't had an update ever since it was first released.

On 10/5/2016 at 20:15, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Like I said in another post, the database isn't going to be any better with two full leagues added, really should have worked on improving the current database as mentioned above :/ 

The new leagues ARE exciting and it's great that FMM is getting some publicity this year unlike previous years but there really has to be improvements to existing areas of the game such as the database and the in game editor which hasn't had an update ever since it was first released.

The database does improve year on year. I believe in 2015 there were 7000 players in one database, in 2016 there were 9000. While I agree the types of players needs a huge reshuffle to the non-playable leagues and the overall database needs merging to give more flexibility the latter will be a huge job and probably why they said in the long term. I have no doubts though that the game will have a larger database than last year.

Archived