[Discussion] More Realistic Attribute Changes

I0I

I'd like to see attribute changes become more volatile and performance based. I think if a guy outperforms how good his attributes say he is then he should get higher upgrades. I think each player should have a normal base level for each attribute but depending on form, it could go up or down either way. ex. If a striker in league 2 has finishing at 10 but goes on a good run of 5 goals in 5 games then maybe it goes up to 12 or 13 depending on performance plus level of competition but if he loses form it goes back down to the base level. But if he sustains his good form for a season or a number of months then his base level attribute moves up to that permanently. But now he's expected to play at that level. So he'll have to do even better to increase it. If he was in the EPL and was able to score 15 goals with a 10 finishing then maybe the base level would increase to 14 or 15. So the following year he will be expected to keep up that level or it will decrease again to 12 or 13 or lower depending on performance.

Also, this would make youth more unpredictable, if a young guy on the U18 that doesn't look very special suddenly comes in to his own and does well then his attributes will sharply increase. And if you start him on the senior team and he does well then it increases further. Also in the reverse, if a guy on U18 has high potential but struggles then he will drop like so many irl. I don't really know if this is a good idea…Maybe it could tie into age and potential. Like, if a guy has high potential and is young then there is more room for improvement where as an old guy that goes on a good run doesn't get the same boost in attributes. Obviously, players would still get the same out of training, tutoring, etc. I just think think increases/decreases should be more for games and occur more often. idk

Yeah I was thinking it will be better if the attributes could influence by the play on pitch as well. i.e. if I ask a player to shoot from distance more in the tactic panel for some while already, I think he should have a great chance to improve his long shot attribute.

Similarly, when my players return back from season break holidays, I will expecting them to (especially those will low professionalism) increase in weight and decrease in physical attributer, i.e. stamina, agility, acceleration, etc. And he may come to his best form after some pre-season hard working.

The attribute system now is more like static, I feel we should have great flexibility to 'design' the players, i.e. in real life we can ask a young player who are quick but not strong to build up his muscle with trade off some of his speed and agility.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived