Disappearing Pitch Windows?

For some reason the pitch windows that show info during the match have been slowly dissapearing and nothing I do will bring them back.  I'm now missing my assistants feedback, action zone, team body language, and match stats windows.  They all have the checkmark indicating they are displayed...but they are not.  Weirdest thing is that they didn't didn't all disappear at one time, but rather one at a time randomly.

Is this a known issue? is there a fix?

This is actually kind of frustrating now.  Missing six windows, that happen to be the ones I use the most. That might have something to do with it, opening them during replays or summin, who knows.  Like I said, they didn't all disappear at once, but over the last 2.5-3 weeks been losing one every couple of days.

Just did a fresh reinstall annnnnnnnnnnnnnd still missing.

Should I try deleting the config file or something?

pitch windows.png

Hi. It's to do with custom skins or added graphics. You need to close the game. Delete the preferences file - it's quite far down in the steam folder somewhere. A new preferences file will be created when you restart the game. The only pain is all the tips and click here to confirm boxes are reset. You'll also need to change height/ weight etc too if you changed that previously. 

10 hours ago, Morris1974 said:

Hi. It's to do with custom skins or added graphics. You need to close the game. Delete the preferences file - it's quite far down in the steam folder somewhere. A new preferences file will be created when you restart the game. The only pain is all the tips and click here to confirm boxes are reset. You'll also need to change height/ weight etc too if you changed that previously. 

Like I said, the only added graphics have are facepacks and club logo stuff, both of which go in the graphics folder in documents, not in the steam folder (which got wiped when I did the reinstall).  Is there in an game way to do this? or can you point me to said file?

I tried reloading the cache in game as well with no results.

I had the same problem. My match stats floating window was gone, so I went into 

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\Preferences\version 5

And deleted (actually renamed to be on the safe side) the floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml file since I only had an issue with match stats.

After that, next time I started the game I could access the match stats

• 9 months later...
On 06/08/2016 at 09:33, Mark Heath said:

I had the same problem. My match stats floating window was gone, so I went into 

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\Preferences\version 5

And deleted (actually renamed to be on the safe side) the floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml file since I only had an issue with match stats.

After that, next time I started the game I could access the match stats

Best solution I ever found to this issue man! Thanks a lot!

This issue was raised in the bugs forum a while back, probably for FM 16. I thought that SI had dealt with it. Anyway, back then we were told how to fix it, and to make sure it did not come back, was also told that we should not place the match screen widgets so that they touched the borders of the match screen, but leave a millimeter or two space. That worked.

Archived