What About Corners?

Has there been a comprehensive write-up on corners? I've tried several different searches and can't find anything. I'm particularly concerned about attacking corners, because, as well as I'm doing in my Coventry save, goals off attacking corners have been as rare as hen's teeth.

I try to flood a specific area such as attack near post,near post flick on, stand on near post, one on attack ball from deep, one outside box to recycle (recycling is very important), and make i make sure to have a dtrong challenging GK. The go forward option seems the weakest imo as the players seem to be to far away from goal. I also tell a skilled dribbler to come short to pull one of their players out the box. I let the corner taker cross it to where he sees fit. Works very well with baines scored 12 in a season. I only tell one guy my Rb to stay back so occasionally get countered

Not sure if this would have an impact but I imagine, teams like those run by Allardyce or maybe Stoke of old who I remember being fairly lethal from set plays. I'd imagine they probably did a lot of training on attacking and defending set pieces.

I can't say how could be best but I wonder if maybe when you set your set pieces, would it be worth maybe having a couple of weeks or maybe one week a month in your training schedules to focus on set pieces?

@Analog

re. your attacking corner routine... the player most likely to pick the ball up and shoot or set up another play will be the Lurker, not the Attack from Deep player. I tend to put a creative midfielder with decent Long Shots here. My AD player would normally be a centre back charging in to head the ball home.

So far, I've been so focused on adjusting to the new tactical system (haven't played since FM12), I've just been letting my set pieces at their defaults. Looking forward to anything further on this thread, as well as paying closer attention myself.

Archived