Factors board's succes/failure when proposing affiliate

So I discovered there are a lot of threads regarding affiliates/feeder/satellite clubs (whatever you call them). One thing that I'm wondering about for a long time now has to do with the moment when the board allows you to choose an affiliate instead of selecting one from a list(usually when you're a couple of years at the club). Around this situation there is a lot of indistinctness. So I would really like to get the next questions answered, by someone from SI or by an experienced member(if you could provide some ingame examples that would be great)

Note: This questions only applies to getting an affiliate with the purpose to loan your players to.

1) What are the factors and how do they influence the decision from the board when you propose an INLAND affiliate? The reason for this question is the fact that I'm trying for a long time now to get an affiliate 1 league below me. I tried this when I was in the Skybet 2 and Skybet 1. I even did an experiment where I saved the game an tried to propose all the available clubs. No success however.

I assume the next factors are important, but I cannot figure out how to work with them, because I have no idea of the degree of influence.

• Reputation of your club and the proposed affiliate
  • Reputation of the league you're in
  • Reputation of the league the proposed affiliate is in
  • Current parrentclubs of the proposed affiliate
  • Distance?

2) What are the factors and how do they influence the decision from the board when you propose a FOREIGN affiliate? The reason for this questions is that I recently bought 2 Brazilian young stars, but (off course) they got no working permit. So I need a foreign affiliate to let them gain match experience. How to succeed with this?

3) All of these struggles are due to 1 frustrating thing in the game and that is that if the board fails to get an agreement with an affiliate you have to wait months and months before you can ask again. Why is this, because this has nothing to do with reality. If you(the manager) need a suitable affiliate in real life he would collaborate with the board until they succeed with one, right? Not waits months and then ask again in the hope that it will suceed this time. then a year has passed and a lot of players who you wanted to send away didnt improve as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to contribute to the answers on these questions.

I'm slightly disappointed that no one whose voice matters has taken the time to reply to a well thought out and reasonable question. Even some 'secrets' of the process are retained it would be nice to get some indicators as to what is a factor that generally indicates a possibility of success and what isn't. The current silence can't help but give rise to fears there is too much randomness to the process to give a satisfactory answer.

A further thing that puzzles me is how the board request of an affiliate can have an identified completion date in the future, whether it is two weeks or two days, and then fails. I can think of aspects to explain that but not sure if they will be the same relied in by SI

I'm slightly disappointed that no one whose voice matters has taken the time to reply to a well thought out and reasonable question. Even some 'secrets' of the process are retained it would be nice to get some indicators as to what is a factor that generally indicates a possibility of success and what isn't. The current silence can't help but give rise to fears there is too much randomness to the process to give a satisfactory answer.

A further thing that puzzles me is how the board request of an affiliate can have an identified completion date in the future, whether it is two weeks or two days, and then fails. I can think of aspects to explain that but not sure if they will be the same relied in by SI

Hey Olive Branch, Thx a lot for your reply. I'm disappointed by this as wel, I was hoping to get more interaction with SI on this thread. They have build a strong and active community here. The downside in this general discussion forum is that there is no difference in thread/questions, so the thread will drop down the page very quickly. SI does a great job to reply very fast and a lot.(most of the times), but they indeed seem to be selective in where they answer, and relative easy questions seem to have an advantage here. In my opinion this is a thread that matters, because a good answer will provide a better and friendlier gameplay experience.

Before posting this I did a lot of research on this forum on similar topics, but there are so many threads about affiliates, they really should categorize them to see the different problems players are facing with getting affiliates.

Regarding your question, you mean the completion date you see in board's page after you choose an affiliate? If so, during my little experiment it differed it can take up between 10-20 days. I had a double feeling about his, because its logical to say the board will hold a meeting lets say 10 days from your requestday and then have 5 or 10 extra days to negotiate with the affiliate, but you can also look it like this: The board will hold a meeting and decide yes or no. then the big range of days will not be so logical, because you would think a board of a (semi) professional football club wil have structural meetings, like every week on monday. Is this what you mean?

• SI Staff

Hey Viali,

I agree that if the request to find an affiliate is passed by the board but fails to produce any results the manager should not necessarily have to wait the usual amount of time (as if it had been a success) to request again.

I will forward this to the Dev. team.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hey Viali,

I agree that if the request to find an affiliate is passed by the board but fails to produce any results the manager should not necessarily have to wait the usual amount of time (as if it had been a success) to request again.

I will forward this to the Dev. team.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hey Seb Wassell, thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate! Great you agree and thanks for picking this up! If this changes, this will benefit the gameplay experience for sure!

Any thoughts about the factors? If this has to stay secret or will take time to inquire thats no problem, just any reaction would be really appreciated :) !

• SI Staff

No problem Viali.

In response to point 1 above, this sounds like it may be because the reputation difference is not big enough. It is of course possible to get a feeder club from the division below yours, but there has to be a sufficient reputation difference between the two clubs. It is likely that your reputation will be not high enough when compared to the clubs in the division below you, which may be unsurprising if you have achieved rapid promotions.

Regarding point 2, are you still in League 1? A foreign work permit club is unlikely to be available to a club in League 1 due to your relatively low reputation. In reality a League 1 club would probably not be looking/able to strike up a deal of this type, therefore in-game it is only possible once your club is of a certain stature.

Cheers,

Seb.

No problem Viali.

In response to point 1 above, this sounds like it may be because the reputation difference is not big enough. It is of course possible to get a feeder club from the division below yours, but there has to be a sufficient reputation difference between the two clubs. It is likely that your reputation will be not high enough when compared to the clubs in the division below you, which may be unsurprising if you have achieved rapid promotions.

Regarding point 2, are you still in League 1? A foreign work permit club is unlikely to be available to a club in League 1 due to your relatively low reputation. In reality a League 1 club would probably not be looking/able to strike up a deal of this type, therefore in-game it is only possible once your club is of a certain stature.

Cheers,

Seb.

Thanks a lot Seb! This clarifies a lot! At least for me, but I hope others will benefit from this to.

Indeed I recently secured a triple promotion from the 6th to the 3th tire. At the end of my 2nd season in League1 now, just secured promotion. My reputation is only 2,5 stars, so it will definitely be the (to low) reputation that is getting in the way here.

So yet to discover foreign affiliates, makes sense that L1 clubs wont be very active in RL. Just sold one of these Brazilians for 1,5 mil. Great for me, only a shame of the wasted potential because they only trained at the club for almost 2 years, only with the purpose to be sold :p Wont be possible in RL I guess, but thats another topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have had a perplexing experience related to your second question. I have a game in FM 2015 where i'm playing as Philadelphia in the MLS, I have struck a deal with Atlas in the Liga MX, they have 3 stars for their reputation as do I. I asked for a club with an established youth system to draw from, I got rights to match any transfer offer for a player to open a contract as well as the right to loan players to Atlas for 109K a year. But when offered the right to choose a new affiliate, I have three times now tried to secure a deal with Huracan Valencia twice for expansion of scouting knowledge and once for a link to an established youth system as I have signed several players from their first team and I have quite a few Spanish nationals. Huracan has one and a half stars fro their reputation and insecure finances as well as no affiliate clubs. I am a bit bewildered as to how this practically too good to use link with Atlas occurred yet I can't link up with this poor, low league, team in Spain.

Archived