Keeping the Lone Striker central

Is there a way to play a Lone Striker centrally without him running into the channels as I always find my CFs getting the ball player to him in wider positions when what I want is him to stay within the centre of the pitch and my AMa moving into the channels to stretch the opposition.

I'm aware of the Stick within the box PPM but I don't want to have to train all strikers to learn this.

Cheers

I understand he's going to have to move about but all too often do I get scenarios where my FC gets the ball in the channel almost on one of the flanks and the only balls he can play are back towards my goal or a long smash to the other side of the pitch, which almost always get won by the opposition.

I want him to stay central and therefore have more realistic passing options (in terms of actually retaining the ball in an attacking area)

Well watching KEY highlights may only show his effectiveness whilst moving out wide.

Perhaps watching comprehensive maybe full will show you that he mostly plays central but due to the service not being good enough he may wander out to pick up loose balls ect.

What about setting him to be the teams target man...

Whats his off the ball stat?

The Complete Forward is designed to move about the pitch to create chances for himself and others, the description is of a player who'll roam and move into channels - there isn't really a way around this as that is what the role is designed to do.

A poacher has been suggested, and it would work for what you are after, but he's very unlikely to get involved in the build up play or set chances up for others. Perhaps a DLF might be better? I've not got FM open at the moment to check what his active PIs are, but he'll link in better with the midfield and if you set him to Hold Position there's less moving into the channels.

A DLF-S has More Risky Passes and Hold up Ball, which can't be removed, and Moves in Channels which can be removed. So is potentially what you're looking for.

DLF-A has Moves into Channels set permanently, so no good to you as does Poacher.

How about Defensive Forward on Support? He might not be playing on the shoulder of the last man and is more suited to a createive player than an out and out goalscorer, although in my game my DF-S is my top scorer.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I agree DLF/S is clearly the only available option.

Now i wanna play this particular way for 2 reasons:

1 - I hate my Lone Striker getting the ball in the final third but having to be on the wing to get it.

2 - As thats how i want to play and almost every other position has a role that you can customize to how you want to play

Archived