PGC: Tour de France for FM16

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D7Fap7W.png

Manager: Alveré Jacques Tailler

Club: Amiens SC

If you want a job well done, do it yourself...unless your assistant manager happens to be a genius.

I'm almost lost for words. In fact, I wish I was as I wouldn't have to write this season summary, despite not managing a single match. I brought in one player, set my tactics up and crossed ever limb in my body that my assistant wouldn't get me the sack.

Fast forward a week and a half and here we are, champions of National and about to ply our trade in Ligue 2. I have no idea how it has happened, but I am literally reaping the rewards without putting in the hours. Of course, it goes without saying that I'd rather be here than working, but real life can be a cruel mistress at the best of times.

A full update and preview into next season will follow...

12367071_573616086148114_459652013_n.jpg?oh=5b91d308bee9ef8745c563b78e7a93bc&oe=566E4CF4

12355098_573616759481380_751518932_n.jpg?oh=c5a928f6cf74d10b31a62cd95449c367&oe=566E3C32

Agaisnt all odds media prediction: 11th.... Avranches with a great second half of the season with 8 straight wins, recovered a 8 point loss on Amiens, Bastia, Auxerre, Belfort and even Sedan... on the way my biggest win of the season has too be agaisnt Amiens 4-0 at Home . After my first 5 Games i never expected to be promoted to be honest once the team blend in the goals start coming from anywhere really and the defence became more solid game after game with some amazing performances. But it wasnt all piece off cake as i tried 3 tactics during the season (at the beginning) :D 4-3-3 Narrow/ 4-4-2 and then i found my winning tactic with ill show you guys just below.

12380685_1679028839016911_1519356550_o.jpg?oh=d3272190cc172b2f59b5f99150aacadc&oe=566F3380

12381033_1679028949016900_1601108952_o.jpg?oh=8854c1e10aee6550f2cce226f52d8e4c&oe=566E1D76

12359433_1679029375683524_815687426_o.jpg?oh=4d9f9c73e60aac29313523e4f4594eb6&oe=566F0BC7

This season in Ligue 2 kept pretty much the same team only brought a few players just to replace the ones who left im hoping to stay up and if things get tough in january ill have to bring some more players in :)

Im really excited about this one player I brought hes potential is Big so i hope hes get Avranches a few wins :)

12359271_1679030105683451_1225966624_o.jpg?oh=cc02c0c03fea2c96aaec5bae2703e077&oe=566E4A62

The Odss for The Ligue 2 :

12369995_1679030415683420_1319360020_o.jpg?oh=561c4b0d6f5db0952c6fea613d6b18e7&oe=566F4FE7

Stuart - Bastia fjqp9x.png

A great season for me and my Bastia side, after the nightmare of summer with the club becoming a semi pro side and the debt getting out of hand somehow we made it into league 2. From the start we were at it, winning games and playing well, 4th was the lowest we were all season and that was because we went though a wobble but other than that we were stong all season long. Its always nice to go up by winning the league but i didn't care this season so long as i went up.

CUP

I Can't Finish without talking about my cup run. a 2-0 win against Monaco is maybe the best cup upset i have ever done on Football Manager and is something the players and i can be proud of. We hit them on the counter and only had 3 shots on goal the whole game but we took our chances when they came and we Defended like beavers for the full 90. We ended up going out in the next round but we can hold our heads high on what was one hell of a ride. 2w65fo6.png

The club is now a pro side again and the board backed me with some cash this summer not much but enough to get a higher class of player in. Below is how the season went.

r9e82e.png

2en3zi0.png

SUMMER WINDOW

Most of the players i had last season were only good enough for the national league so i had to let a'lot of players ago and get in a better standard, This was not easy to do because who would want to come to little old Bastia, i had this issue all summer long, it was either i don't want to sign for you or the wages they wanted were way out of my league. Below is my summer business

2zs5m9u.png

2zsmluu.png

First signing of the summer is a Center half from Oldham. His contract was running out so i jumped in quick to get in.

o59r2b.png

Back up goal keeper, needs work but is young.

zyc2tc.png

1st Loan signing of the season, Will play off the Striker very happy with him agreeing to join me.

23iie7l.png

Maybe my best signing on the summer. Austria under 21 goal keeper will be a star in a few years .

1zeledx.png

2nd loan signing made, this time a right back, has done really well for me so far.

qozx41.jpg

Another loan this time from west ham.

30shjbs.png

A great bit of business done here.

64igya.png

After a long search for a 2nd Striker i got the player i wanted.

SEASON AHEAD

The aim of the club is to stay up, as my aim is to go up, also got to aim high and see where the chips land at the end of the season. Sean proves it can be done so if he can do it why cant i. Maybe i am aiming to high but the sooner i can get up the sooner i can challange Sean and the best sides in France.

Well that you upto date on a great season for me and my Bastia side.

Till next time.

2hp6m91.png

Welcome to cretil

j63oti.jpg

My key signings where Ishmael Miller who scored 19 goals for me came on a free contract. Diogo Salamao who again got voted my player of the year.

Dias got into the end of season team of the year he's been outstanding. He's prob one of the best players I've ever had in football manager

2jdky68.jpg

My expectations was to finish top 8, but again I finished 9th for the 2nd season in a row, it wasn't to be, we had an ok start to the season it fell apart a while but we bounced back, and could have had a chance of going up but we got hit with games called off, players being injured, suspensions. And just fell apart near the end of the season. But I was more than happy how it ended and try move on from that 9th place finish again.

Team of the year came up and they all deserved a special mention, but Miller who was a gamble it paid off and he was outstanding

Team of the year

2jdky68.jpg

It was an interesting season as U.S Orleanes came up from national and ending up winning the league lol, so well done to you Sir Sean.

End of season league table

10qw0zl.jpg

Close between my expectations and Mike who is manager of clemont foot

I will post my results and add a few more information tomorrow about this season ahead and what I expect

RMvR2Yd.png

Second season is over! What a roller coaster that was!...

Throughout the entire season, I was battling with Stu, Ali's assistant, Bruno and a few AI teams for promotion, and only barely losing out!

I was fairly pleased with my season, and certainly two of the best performances was my very consistent AML, Rocchi, who was my best player last season and did great as well this season... And my first choice striker Ouarguini, who was the top scorer in the league!

aSVyH3n.png

g4ihhWw.png

For the new season, plenty of changes have been made... I've let a bunch of reserves go, but also my most consistent player of the last 2 seasons, as he wanted to leave...

In has come a few loans and a few interesting players...

fZ88x6f.png

Most interesting is my new striker, who I have high hopes for in this league...

rG8SPwe.png

The goal for this season is to challenge for promotion again, but it's not going to be easy, as there are several teams that are better, especially since we've had to change formation due to the players available...

double%20dadge.jpgbeb%20cb%202.jpg

AndyF - Bourg-en-Bresse 01

If we want to achieve the boards target in the league this season then we need to start converting possession and chances into goals and kick on in the the second half of the season. A lot of our games this season have either ended in a draw or defeat, if the rest of the team had the same eye for goal as Ulrich Nnono the ex La Berrichonne player who i picked up on a free during the summer window and has netted 15 times in 20 games we would be in a far better position than we currently are.

One player who has made an impact is 15 year old Oscar James who made a superb debut in the French Cup grabbing a couple of goals and an assist to the delight of the Bourg supporters. With him almost certainly going to be involved in 75% of the remaining games barring injuries, I am looking forward to see how this kid develops.

oscar%20james%20debut.jpg

Until Next Time......

Well well, very important session today, we going to make some changes and a plan of course.

We have dominated most games we have played as you can see by the stats but at the end of day its the points that matter not possession and shots. Hard to make a game plan when you are actually playing well and creating chances but we left with no choice after such an awful season so far.

vkL6Q6s.png

ygpazWU.png

Hoping you all a good end of season. before we head of for xmas. GL!

Well well well....

Were to start?? this season has been bloody hard!! my little Orleans side have flown up the divisions in just two years and now we find ourself in a completely different ball game to what we have been used to so far, my side has been battered bruised and down in the dumps for the majority of the season everytime i take the lead i concede litterally right after its one hell of a testing time i can assure you of that.

But with that being said ^^ I love a challenge and weather or not i come out of this challenge with my Ligue 1 status in tact ill still have a smile on my face because i have built a side in which im confident we will bounce straight back up with, this side has shown some form in the cup taking us to the semi final! raking in some much needed income! I have not had one dime since taking over this club and having wheeled and dealed this year selling more than double what i spent plus sporting small wages and impressive cup run we have finally started to turn that magical profit.

What is my aims for the final 10+ games.... ? Sitting on 24 points currently and i reckon ill need 38 minamum to stay up there is alot of teams around me and its not going to be easy, as well as grinding out points ill need to hope other sides drop points also, Alan finds himself in a similar situation as myself and it could well be that one of us goes down and the other survives so good luck with that buddy boy!

Well thats it for now ill be back with an EOS post with some good news (hopefully) :brock:

AndyF - Bourg-en-Bresse Peronnas

b%20news.jpg

Major news coming from Bourg-en-Bresse this evening as its been confirmed on French TV channel L'Equipe 21 that Malaysian tycoon Ahmad Khalidi Supian has taken control of the French minnows. The business man has outlined his plans already by pumping £30M into the club with just shy of £6M available for transfers and the training facilities also being redeveloped.

takeover%20A.jpg

takeover%201.jpg

takeover%202.jpg

s3%20steam%20ach%203.jpg

takeover%203.jpg

takeover%204.jpg

takeover%205.jpg

D7Fap7W.png

Manager: Alveré Jacques Tailler

Club: Amiens SC

A superficial area of FM maybe, but I am enjoying watching my managerial attributes increase as my experience deepens. My 'player knowledge' has increased by 10 over the last four seasons, whilst 'level of discipline', 'man management' and 'motivating' have all been steadily going up. I'm not a fan of the 'tracksuit manager' that spends his time on the training ground. I can employ coaches to do that part of the job. I believe my attributes are best suited to dealing with the players collectively or individually, whether that be team talks, meetings or responding to issues raised in the camp. With this in mind, I'm a little concerned that my 'youngster knowledge' hasn't been increasing that much. Whilst I plan on hiring and deploying scouts to unmask the attributes of potential targets, I like to have the ability to judge a player before deciding whether to scout or not.

XawiMjo.png

Signed this lad on a free during the latter stages of last season. His arrival coincided with an up-turn in our form and we hauled ourselves out of the relegation scrap, eventually finishing around 10 points clear of the bottom three. Our season was an interesting one. Due to work commitments, once again I was unable to play 100% of the time, although this season, I managed to play most of my matches. It was the exact same team that won me the league last season, as I wasn't around to sign any players during the window. That certainly made the season a tricky one, but the players excelled themselves and we find ourselves battling out in Ligue 2 again. I'm not sure what to expect this time around. I guess the minimum I expect is a top half finish, but to achieve that I'll need to overhaul the side. There is some quality here, such as the O'Kane below, but players of that quality a very few and far between in my side.

zaCH2yI.png

I'm not sure what to expect this time around. I guess the minimum I expect is a top half finish, but to achieve that I'll need to overhaul the side. I'll be relying on free transfers and loans to add depth and quality as our transfer budget is next to nothing. Because of our very low wage however, we are turning a profit each month. Last season's profit registered at just under £800k. That gives me security in the knowledge that we have a self sustaining business model that will last as long as it takes to get out of this league.

li6wD4L.png

The board are, so far, pleased with my overall performance. Admittedly, my assistant manager has played a major part in that but there are some weaknesses in his ability. His overall management of morale is something that I believe I can have more success with, which suggests to me that we ought to be competing higher up in the league.

After recent remarks by the Amiens manager Jacques Tailler : 'The board are, so far, pleased with my overall performance'

Pierre Seel II had his say on this when confronted by Canal+ on this issue: I believe his Assistant Manager should take all the credit after all if reports are true and I believe they are, then Tailler has a lot to answer when he is back on home soil as he has been living the high life for the best part of 18 months flying back and forth to Mexico to associate with the cocaine n champagne loving Sinola cartel.

After all he only played 50% of the games this year and last season it was even lower, so you can decide for yourselves.

ali%20scandal.jpg

As we enter the annual Christmas break the start of Season 4 is not far away as pre-season and the tedious transfer window is upon us. No doubt I will be one of the those slowing things down after being given a transfer budget of £18M by our new Malaysian owner which is an astronomical amount for a club of this size, confirming his investment in to the small french club. I'm prepared to invest big money if needed to improve the squad and make a good start to the new season after being called into the boardroom at the end of last season after a poor campaign, to be told we need to pick up 8pts from the first 5 games of the 2018/19 schedule to keep my job.

first%205%20fix%202018.jpg

promises.jpg

So back to last season and it wasn't the best of finishes ending up in 14th place but good enough not to be relegated which was a relief after the takeover. The only reason we did stay up was the goal scoring efforts of Cameroon born Ulrich Nnomo who finished the leagues top goal scorer, hitting the back of the net on 26 occasions. Nnomo was recognized for his goal scoring efforts by being picked in the Nationals Team Of The Season

Nnomo.jpg

s3%20steam%20ach%201.jpg

s3%20steam%20ach%202.jpg

On to the cups and we achieved the boards minimum requirements this year, we wasn't disgraced in the first round of the Coupe de Ligue defeated by a superior Dijon side. In the French Cup our run came to an abrupt end in the 9th Rnd suffering our biggest defeat in-front of our biggest ever crowd.

beg%20rec%20def.jpg

beg%20rec%20att.jpg

Until Next Time......

DAZZER TURNER

French National League

AS Nancy Lorraine

I was relatively pleased with how things had progressed during my first pre-season as AS Nancy, i'd managed to get players in to fill key positions as well as adding some depth to others, we had reason to be optimistic for the upcoming campaign and was looking forward to getting the season underway.

We raced out of the blocks, comfortably winning both our opening fixtures 3-0, a draw and a loss made up the other 2 matches during August.

September saw our performances inexplicably nosedive, we lost 3 of our next 4 games before finally getting our act together, we managed to put that run behind us by going on a 7 game winning in the league, although we did suffer a humiliating cup exit during that streak, i put out a 2nd string line up and we lost 4-3 to US Raon-l'Etape from the regional leagues.

2018 didn't start well for us, on or off the field,i was happy with my squad, so wasn't looking to sign any players during the transfer window, but with our financial status in decline, reducing our wage bill was a priority, but a lack of interest from other clubs meant i couldn't get rid of any1 without paying them compensation and terminating their contract. on the field, 5 frustrating games without a win, 4 of them drawn allowed Vendee Lucon to open up a 10pt lead at the top of the table, and also saw us drop down to 4th.

Again, we managed to turn things around though and won 6 of or next 8 games, at the same time, Vendee Lucon were suffering their own dip in form and were dropping points, it meant that on April 21st, with 3 games of the season remaining we had closed the gap to just 3pts and moved back up to 2nd, but incredibly, there was just 6pts seperating the top 5 teams and with only 3 promotion spots available, these last 3 games would define our entire season.

April 21st league standings: results:

The importance of the games seemed to inject some nervousness into our play and we drew both of our next 2 games, unbelievably though, we still had hope going into the final game of the season, we had dropped to 4th and out of the promotion spots, but were still only 3pts behind the leaders.

May 5th league standings:

Our final game was away to Vendee Herbiers (currently in 5th). We produced a solid display and won the game 1-0, it proved just enough to move us up to 3rd and get promotion by the finest of margins, Vendee Lucon, who had topped the table for almost the entire season were the one's to miss out.

Final fixture/results screen:

Final league standings:

U.s Orleans.

Well well well..

This season was rubbish for me.. My fear was that the two quick promotions in a row would catch up with me and we would get found out and in a nutshell that is what happened, we really dug in and thought all the way its not like we were disgraced in any way shape or form we only needed an extra 2 points to stay up :( and i can think back to at least 5 games in my head we should of won but got very unlucky :( but that is football manager.

We hit the semi final in one of the cups and that was a good achievment for our club, we raked in some good income during that cup run and again that was important.

Looking forward from here its not going to be easy most of my players have left and the one's that remain are either foreign or unhappy or both hehe,

but one thing i am very happy with! is the fact im still at the club i started with, i feel as if i have the minerals to get this club back into Ligue 1 next year

however i must say this window is probably the most important one yet because if i fail to make a squad that is capable of promotion it wont just be considered a failure it will most likely spell the end of my time at Orleans.

Want to congratulate Mike for hitting Ligue 1 i hope he knows he has a battle on his hands, and also Damo who got promoted from National this season, to the rest of ya! good season all round lads.

Delmachori_zpsytwo5u5k.png

This is my star man who i have thankfully managed to keep a hold of he should be an absolute beast at this level, knowing my luck ill have him stolen from me close to the end of the window.

Zims_zpsmhel9wmm.png

This is a lad i got offered by an agent, i trialed him and scouted him and pretty much took a risk signing him but he has ability and alot of potential and im looking forward to this lad getting gametime in Ligue 2 and hopefully becoming a very good talent.

Now that i have babbled on about last year, which shal never be spoke about again just to be clear :D

onto this year...

As previously said above this window is huge for me its hard to make predictions when i have 12 players and unhappy players at that, obviously my sole focus will be getting this club back to Ligue 1 and continuing to grow as a club, being in this league again to long will only wind up with me trotting backwards which isnt in any way what we need.

So goals are promotion and promotion only! oh and beat the snot out of the living legend that is Ali's assman word in France is the man is unbreakable and unbeatable, but ill make it my mission to put this cyber hero in his place.

2j2926c.jpg

Welcome to Cretil

Well this is my 3rd season as manager, and its enjoyable being part of something good, everyone has there own expectations, me well im happy with fighting for 8th place lol, simple reason is id be happy more than happy to finish there highest ever pos..

As previous seasons ive finished 9th, 9th, oh and 9th..

2e49sll.jpg

For the past few seasons with no choice ive tried to build a decent stable club. with free and loan signings. Once again i brought in Diego Salomao on loan from Sporting Lisbon.. Injuries Injuries Injuries played another part of my season, seems to me it always hit the wrong end of the season but thats life....

Now i wanna make a wee mention to Rafael Dias, this lad is outstanding for me, got another team of the year, hes simply not replaceable, altho i can get around 1.3m for him which would help me, but as stated hes not replaceable.

below is team of the year for the league

t5k3gp.jpg

cretil team of year

eimmp.jpg

season review

11b2kog.jpg

end of season

68607o.jpg

updated soon

aNi1gQj.png

So, as some of you might notice, I'm no longer Sedan Ardennes... :(

After our very good 2nd season, where we were fighting for promotion up until the final few games, we soared down threw the table in the 3rd season, after selling our best performing player and assist maker and struggling to find a new formation...

While we were a few places above the relegation places, the board gave me one month to improve the situation... Unfortunately, that one month came when we had to face only teams from the top half, and that didn't go well... We wound up just below the relegation line, and the board lost their patience and sacked me - Just before we had to play only teams from the bottom half...!

Below you can see the unfortunate trip down the league...

fv4GYv3.png

So, with my time at Sedan coming to an way too early end, I now had to find a new club... After a quick glance at the club informations, my choice landed on Grenoble Foot 38... A team with a rather large stadium for this league, and I hoped they had a good squad as well... But... My hope quickly faded after seeing the team (which I should probably have done before taking them)... Most of the senior team had been let go, and there was only 1-2 decent players left...

As yo can see below, several players had left the team, and I was left with a mess... So far, I've gotten 3 players in on loan and bought 2 frees...

The goal for the season is simply to survive... I struggled last season with Sedan - a team that was miles better than Grenoble current state, so frankly, I'll count my blessings if I simply manage to survive this season...

pZmHK7Z.png

So with the squad being in such a lousy state, you might wonder, was the stadium really enough to compensate for that?

Well... Besides the stadium, we actually have decent youth facilities and recruitment, so I'm hoping for a gem or two for next season... Unfortunately, I've learned from my time at Sedan that if you do get a gem, the bigger clubs just steal them anyway...

Yv2yZBj.png

Stuart - Bastia

A mind blowing season for me and my Bastia side, Hard to beat great going forward and fearless no matter who we faced, in the end this little Club was 2 points off going up. It was hard to take but looking back and seeing how Sean and Alan done maybe it was for the best. One big reason why we did so well was a late signing i made in Jamie Thomas. He Wanted to much money in the summer so much so every club that tired to sign him ended up pulling out. In late October i was in a need of a striker as i was drawing to many games, My back 4 was solid enough but i was not putting teams away because of the lack of class i had up front. It turned out to be the best bit of business so far in fm16 for me, as he went onto to score 35 goals 29 of them in the league. Below is how my season went.

2yuglxk.png

24pf290.png

2rxab1h.png

r7sprr.png

Summer Window

Been a busy window for me an it is still going on. Will update when i have finished my deals

Season Ahead

Again i will be pushing hard for a top 3 finish but with Sean and Alan now back in League 2 and with so many other human managers its going to be hard. I hope i go up but board just want to stay up so no pressure for me this season as i will stay up no problem ( he say's lol )

Till next time

Archived