PGC: Tour de France for FM16

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beb%20small%20badge_3.jpg

AndyF - BEB Peronnas 01

2122%20seas%20fin.jpg

Our first season in the top flight was way beyond my expectations with a 4th place finish,a QF finish in the French Cup and SF League cup finish. Even thou we came up with a strong squad I wasn't even thinking of reaching the top half never mind pushing for a chance of European qualification.

It came down again to the final day of the season with an away fixture against Stade de Reims who were sitting 16th and safe from relegation, we needed to win and hoped results went our way as we sat in 7th place going into the game and outside qualification for Europe. We needed to do what was required as we powered to a 6-2 win in a very hard fought game with Ulrich Nnomo grabbing himself 4 goals in the meantime giving our chances of a minimum 6th place needed a huge boost.

fin%20game%20reims.jpg

As results started to come in we knew we had qualified for the Europa League as Nice suffered a 2-1 defeat at Guingamp, then Saint Etienne could only muster a 0-0 draw against a top US Orleans side. So there was one game left to finish and it was at the Pole Sport were Alans Chamois entertained Lyon were only a win would put them straight in the group stages of the EL otherwise we would take their place. Fortunately for us Lyon were able to hold out for a draw in a game that Chamois dominated but couldn't take their chances.

So it was us that go straight into the group stages of the EL after achieving a fantastic club highest ever finish.

euro%20quali.jpg

Thankfully FFP didn't come into equation after initially being really concerned about this before a new sponsorship deal was announced.

new%20spon.jpg

In the cups we achieved the boards minimum requirements and better going out in the cups to the 2 best teams in the country.

French Cup

FC%202122.jpg

Coupe de la Ligue

LC%202122.jpg

During the season we achieved 2 personal milestones as I gained the top coaching badge available and also reached 200 game in management, in the game thou things didn't go our way as we fell to a 4-3 defeat against Stuart.

badge%202122.jpg

SEEL%20200.jpg

After playing our games at Parc de Sports for the majority of the season we moved back to playing at our own ground after a recent expansion with just 2 home games left. With full capacity being reached in those 2 games I was straight back on to the board as soon as the season finished enquiring about building a new ground and as usual without fuss they have agreed to build a new one with a capacity just shy of 18,000.

stad%20upgrade.jpg

new%20stad%202.jpg

new%20build%20agreed.jpg

Transfers

What has pleased me most this season is that we achieved this by only spending 600K more than what we made from selling players, thankfully reducing the number of players at the club which inevitably brings the wage budget down which can only be good for the club.

trans%202122.jpg

Until Next Time.......

Stuart - Bastia

Wasted season and a wast of my time at this club. The board just refuse to back me. I fought hard this season and maybe should of done better than where i finished but i like to think of myself as a honest kinda player and since i have made it into the top division the board have made me play with one hand tied behind my back and they did there nomal trick at the end of this season. I had asked the board at the start of the season to give me more of a % of transfer income. For once they agreed as for the last 2 seasons have Cut the % again and again, So i found it up at 75% this would be perfect to work with over the summer and just the war chest i would need. I know im not going to spend the millions the likes of Andy Sean and Alan will spend but it will give me a fighting chance. But just as we came to the end of the season my board cut my Transfer income to 35%, to top it off i asked them on july 1st to give me more and they agreed 45%. So i went from 75% to 45% with my finances the best they have been since we started fm16 and to double down on there madness cut my wage bill that was a small 345k to a 302k and they wont move on that no matter how much i ask.

It all leaves a nasty tast in the mouth and me wasting my time with a board just happy to make the numbers up. The sooner i can get out of here the better and will look back at bastia and think what might have been. Yes we have moved into a new ground now 13,600 but have 1,600 season ticket holders so the board blew 13m on nothing as i will never sell out.

All in all its a Fcuking shambles .

Below is how my season went.

of839d.jpg

2hmn63a.png

Summer window.

Did some business but nowhere close to what i need and have ended up with 19 players and a 14 year old in the first team. Im so much weaker than last season and will do well to stay up.

23j4f8k.png

35lfd6u.png

New lb for the season ahead. Will do ok but again not the best.

2ldylgz.png

One of my better buys. still young and will be my center half for years to come. a steal really

2ebri4l.png

A much needed world class keeper. This kid is going to be class in 2,3 years time. He is maybe my best bit of business of the summer

vxeofa.png

At just 17 most would think hes one for the future, and you would be right but for the fact my board wont give me the funds needed he will now be a 1st team player. Will be a class act in 3,4 years time but needs must. So fingers crossed he can hold his own.

2vsixdf.jpg

One of 3 MC brought in this summer. Not sure how he will do. His states are there but only time will tell.

x35rh5.png

1st of my loan signings. A Solid DM and must needed really after the sale of Andrey. Hes not as good as Andrey but you don't get to sign a player of Andrey class every window.

I have another loan signing from barca but dont have the pictures to put up yet.

21dmxbd.png

This is Pitbull 14 years old. Will play in the 1st team this season. Think he will be a class act in years to come but right now he will be used as a sub for the final 5 10min.

I have to do a post because its part of the rules of the PGC but even talking about this shower gives me the hump and hence why there is detail to my post there is a lack of passion, bit like my dum ass board really

More next time and i hope with a new club!

Rant Over!

Aq3j4sA.png

Part 2 of my end of season post.[/size]

Well my window didnt exactly fill me with confidence i expected to sell more or at least get more from sales iv been left way short in the wingback area and wings in general my back line and central of midfield could also do with a bit extra, im still trying to wheel and deal but its just not happening for the time being and my worry is with the sheer amount of games we have it could quickly become a shambles.

Inznoots_zpsmcecbupm.png

here is a complete list of my ins and outs as you can see once again we sold loaned and released way more than we brought in we are without doubt for now at least a selling club with such little money coming in u have to sell to buy its about training and raising a players profile to get a deal on him u can use to bring in 2/3 better players, it is hard but not impossible! hard work #dedication.

CL_zpsotjtbggw.png

this is the massive obstacle we face in the next fortnight on the file, a powerhouse club on the domestic and European scene with players mostly worth 30m or more can tiny Orleans go out and at least not be pushed over? we will have to see.

Well that is that for now hopefully we report back for our mid season update with a bit of good news.

until then.

oW6Iasd.png

Greetings! This past season is one, that I'm looking forward to leaving behind quickly... It was a poor season by me and my team at Nimes Olympique, and after a poor run mid-season, we started gaining some momentum, but a bad game, while we were just below the relegation line resulted in a board meeting, where I was immediately sacked by the board...

4XWFB6x.png

Above, the red line represents where I was sacked... As can be seen, the form was disatrous at that point, and I'm fairly confident that I wouldn't have had any problems getting the team above the relegation zone... But alas! I was fired, and the replacement took the team just above the relegation zone anyway...

The thing that went completely wrong compared to previous seasons, was that the dangerous offense was suddenly not working as well...

rDkb7dP.png

The team was only scoring as a midtable side, whereas we've normally been in the top of the scoring sides... Furthermore, we conceeded a lot of goals! Enough that we deserved to be amongst the bottom teams...

zkT3Pke.png

Despite a fairly decent window, where we managed to get some decent midfielders in on loan from Monaco...

rTnrS76.png

I'm fairly certain, that the thing that sent me to the grave, was the lack of a proper partnership in DC with the lack of good, experienced LB's and RB's, and the lack of a 3rd good striker...

With my time at Nimes done, I'm going full circle now, and moving back to my starting club at Sedan! Hopefully for a better time than the last time!

DAMUS MAXIMUS

Managers Profile:

Season: 2021/22

Club: AJ Auxerre

League: French National

Media Prediction 9th:

Season expectations:

Season budgets:

With my 2nd season as Auxerre boss on the horizon, the expectations from the board remained the same as the season before, namely, for the club to avoid relegation, although the media were predicting we'd improve on last seasons 11th place finish by achieving 9th.

My first task would be to renew the contracts of our key players, sadly, this wouldn't be possible in all cases, 2 of our top performers from last season, J. Lemaitre and I.Lefevre had attracted the attention of some ligue 2 sides and as a result both players were looking for a move away.

With them now entering the final year of their contracts, It was either grant them their wish now while they still commanded a decent transfer fee, or reject all offers now to have them in squad for an extra season, or atleast until their contract expiry date, but at the expense of recieving any transfer fee.

I offered them out to other clubs for a hugely inflated price to see what response i got, As it was, we recieved offers for both players that were just too good to refuse, eventually selling them for a combined price of 975k.

Disappointingly though, when searching for replacements, despite us now having plenty of money available, the standard of quality of the players that would be interested in signing was depressingly low.

After finding and scouting the best of those available, this is the list of all our transfer activity after deadline day:

PRE- SEASONS TRANSFER PAGE:

PLAYERS IN:-

1. J. Leborgne DM/MC 40k

2. Y. Gustarimac DMC 82k

3. A. Cisse DR 51k

4. R. Lafarge DC free

5. Y. Amirioui DL 120k

6. H. Chikhaoui AMC free

7. F. Betehe DC 13k

8. S. Bouabdeilah ST free

9. J. Diouf DC 26.5k

10. B. Gueye ST 50k

PLAYERS SOLD:-

1. J. Lemaitre DR/C Carpi 400k

2. I. Lefevre MC Stade Brestois 575k

3. Q. Cavallier ST Vendee Herpiers 60k

SEASON PROGRESSION:

The season got off to a slow start for us, managing only 1 win in from our opening 5 games, losing 2 and drawing 2.

A slight tactical tweak seemed to have the desired effect and our performances, aswell as our results began to improve, this time, in 5 games we won 3, drew 1 and lost 1, so, 10 games into the season our record was:

PL 10 W4 D3 L3

And that saw us occupy:

10th position in National league.

We contiued on a very similar run of form over the next 8 games, winning 4, losing 3, including 1 to Mike and his table topping Angers team, (who seem almost unstoppable this season.) and drawing 1, moving us up 6th in National league for the Christmas break period.

That meant taking us into the new year and the start of the January transfer window, although, our situation on this front remained as it was during pre-season, that being, despite us having a transfer budget available, there remained a severe shortage of quality players that would be interested in signing for us.

We had, however, managed to sign 2 players on free transfers during the first half of the season, they were:-

1. Junior MC free

2. A. Turan DL free

I also had a number of players rotting in my reserves that i was hoping to offload during this window, but one player that wouldn't be going anywhere was C. Andre : , we signed him from Seans US Orleans for 100k just a season ago, but he had become unsettled, he apparently doesn't feel the club has enough quality for a player as talented as him. (Aren't footballers the most egotistical bunch of t*ats) oh, and thats despite the club having showed continuous and steady progress over the entire period since his arrival.

anyway, regardless of his reasons why, the fact was, he was now in the final 6 months of his contract and had no intention of signing a new one so it had been my intyention to sell him during this window.

Atleast, that WAS my intention, up until Jonas and his bloodthirsty gang of misfits came to town and broke his leg!! injuring him for between 6 and 7 MONTHS,

So by the time he'd recovered his contract expiry date would have come and gone, it appeared as though C. Andre had already played his last game for us and we were destined to lose 1 of our most influential players for nothing at the end of the season.

Happily, the team didn't seem to suffer any ill effects from Andre's absence and we maintained our relatively high level of performances, as a result we would rarely lose games.

We were, however, being left feeling frustrated far too often after drawing a game we could, or perhaps should have won. even so, team spirit and morale remained high and we were maintaining 6th position in the league.

National League: 16th february

We stayed in contention for the final promotion spot along with 4 other teams, with just 4 games of the season remaining.

National league: 2nd April

Sadly though, the 5 point gap would prove too much and we finished the season 5th.

FINAL STANDINGS:

Stuart - Bastia 5n3tw.png

Just a Quick update as we are now half way into the season. Last time i posted i was doing my nutt at the board. They cut my money and left me with little in the way to spend. Going into the season i knew it would be hard to stay up and so far ive been proved right. sitting on 22 points and in a fight for my life.

To top off my mood the board gave me Funds just after the window shut on September 1st. i put all my money into wages and was trying to build a side as the season was in full swing ( not the best situation to be in ) and was lucky enough to fin 2 little gems.

2gwz5np.png

Solid MC who has really caught the eye at times this season.

15yaphj.png

AMC who has popped up with some goals at the right time for me. Don't know where i would be without him.

We are now in the jan window and at long last the board has seen sense and has given me what i wanted. I have signed some good players now and i am hoping to pull away from the bottom 3 2nd half of the season.

If i do stay up this season then for the 1st time it seems i have a team i can really work with. I have some very good young players mixed in with a couple of older ones so a good mix as at last been made.

In the end i have ended up spending a whopping 34million and sold 40m The board gave me 90% of all tranfer deals so i was able to get the players i wanted and really needed. ( why did they wait so long )

osdhrk.png

1st of my jan business Solid Center half and much needed as i have been really weak at the back this season.

vno8zk.png

The 2nd of my dealing this window and a record fee paid. it could rise to 8.75m.

2vd4qaw.png

Really happy with this signing. With only 1 real striker i really was in need of a touch of class and i think i might of found him. After getting my 2 center halfs i was able to bring in jean and i am buzzing to see what he can do for me next week. at 27 years old hes in his prime and will take some of the pressure off my young star.

OVER ALL BUSINESS

55lan9.png

SEASON SO FAR

313g4rr.png

IN A DOG FIGHT NOW

Till next time.

Mid season report.

Well this season has been one of ups and downs, to start off i lost my entire back line for 2 matches one being against Alan the other away to Bordeaux both games i dropped points the exact same injury crisis has plagued me the entire half of the season for 4 months in the game i had at least 5 out sometimes as many as 8 it really was incredible and losing my best player Mejia for 5 months hit us hard, but despite that my team is sitting in fourth spot and not far off the places i want to be in ( top 3 ), the mistake i made this year was thinking i would have more money from sales and stuff than i actually got so i left myself short in area's which has evidently bitten me right between the cheeks, having a small squad in French football just doesnt work, espeically when your going deep into cups and have European football to contend with, my home form has been fantastic were as my away form has been shocking, my goal difference last year was phenomenal this year im leaking almost as many as im scoring, but as i said before injuries... iv been playing two kids at the back in some games and both are no were near the level needed to start big games, this January window couldnt have came quick enough my team is in serious need of a lift and a few signings to give the current squad a rest, iv never so consistently sat with players 50-60-70% fit at half time, falling over the line, but my plan is to now rotate between the cups and league and rest those in need.

Iv recently brought in a young lad for free from Leverkusen to boost my attacking options, i did have to pay 5m to buy him now which is fine as we had the money there we also loaned Jednav an experienced defender who is well known in the FM world, his loan will help us massivly as he can play in my much troubled CB role and also RB, we have money from clauses from earlier sales something i have been quite smart with we got 5m from the Bianuchhi deal and also money from Ziminsky which has left me a sizeable budget to find one gem of a player, now as the game is closed until Monday i will be taking my time and dwelling over which gem it is as i have an eye on a few.

What i hope for this season - Well obviously top 3 is a priority my club needs CL football the income is a big step forward for any French club, but being unseeded is a problem its hard to compete when you get slung into a group of death so ultimatly top 2 would be the best option if possible as you get automatic qualification.

id like to also win or at least go very deep in one or both cups! any trophy would be a massive plus and confidence boost for the team.

My EOS prediction -

PSG - 81 points

Niortais 79 points

Orleans 75 points

Monaco 74 points

Bourg 71 points

my prediction is a bold one! i reckon it will be hard for me to finish above Monaco but certainly not impossible, had i been wiser and more careful in the market my season could of been a hell of a lot different to what it is now, i have absolutely no doubt in my mind the size of my squad and the sheer mass of injuries has cost me at least 4 games this season, im not one for excuses but it had me ripping my hair out this season! i think Alan could easily win the league he has invested heavily in wages and spent money on top quality players in the area's he needed it most something i perhaps should of done.

Alot can change in half a season, and im sure one of us will belly flop for at least a period of matches, i usually nose dive at the end and go on a streak of being unlucky! or just plain nackered and playing poop! but one thing is for sure Orleans won't be giving up and we will be battling away until the end.:brock:

beb%20small%20badge_1.jpg

AndyF - Bourg en Bresse

Two weeks into the January transfer window and I should be pretty happy with us sitting in 6th place but I am far from that. Disturbingly the team have this season seemed to have picked up a bout of amnesia in the art of defending with us leaking goals at an alarming rate. With a £13m profit from transfers so far this season I shall be looking to spend all that and more of the chairman's riches in the remaining time left of this window bolstering the back line. Then hopefully we will get near Seans prediction of 71 points and that should be enough to qualify for Europe again next season but in the back of my mind I think we will miss out by quite a wide margin.

Out of all 3 cups already, a full update on this come the end of the season.

Until Next Time.....

2lx8ff8.png

Its that time of week again.

So much going on and all to play for

Alan : Sitting 2nd and only 3 points off the top Can he hang onto the coat tails of the mighty PSG

Sean : Has found it a little harder this season and with the window still open will the Orleans revolving door go into over drive.

Andy : Is still the hunt for a EL spot but will need to up his form away from home with 5 losses already to his name and the worst defencive record away from home with a whopping 31 goals against him already this season thing will have to change.

Stuart : After much infighting with his board he finally got his wish and spent big in jan. His said he is now happy with this side so he now has to prove that it was the board fault for his poor form and not the manager after all.

Mike : Find himself in the mix for back to back promotions. 4 points off 3rd he has a real chance of going up without spending any real money in his time at Angers. Mike is trying to build from within and is showing this with his youth buying. Will it work only time will tell.

Damo : Is Damo starting to wake the sleeping Giant that is Auxerre. The board are happy with him and showed this by giving him a 2year new deal and with the turn around he has done with this famous old club Will he go up or will it be another season of heart break.

Jonas : Is this the season jonas gets out of the national league. his in good form and is in with a chance of going up with his Bitter Rival Damo. We all know his fellow managers want him to join there party in the higher leagues and will be rooting for the Dane.

But the biggest question remands. With a new patch out have the managers got there tactics right or will all there dreams come to a crashing down around them

Stay tuned to the most Views, most talked about clan in Football manager .

Stuart - Bastia 11m8bow.png

Another season has come to a end and after the mightmare first half to the season i finished 8th. It might not seem much but when you think what went on over the summer with the boards lack of fund hurting my efforts to build the side i wanted/needed it turned out to be a great 2nd half of the season.

When i last posted the board had given me the fund that i needed to add much needed class to my side. This had a massive effect in my turn around and i soon was able to rest 2,3 players when needed as i had the much needed cover that i had been crying out for all season long. half way through the 2nd half of the season i was hit with a bunch of injurys that really hurt my mission to get away from the bottom 3. We lost to sean when really we should of won. We had 4 clear cut chances that game but somehow lost 2-0. It was a bitter pill to take but the way we played gave me hope and i knew as soon as i had a fully fit side again it would only be a matter of time before we showed what we could really do. This came to pass with 5 games to go in the season. With a fully fit side with only my Korean star out for 5months being my only injury issues, he was hurt when he was way on internationals for 2 months. A hard away trip saw me up against fellow clan member Andy, I knew it was going to be a hard game but i thought i had a chance now my side was back to full fitness and this turned out to be the case. A 2-0 away win showed me for the first time what this side can really do, we was outstanding on the day and would of beaten anyone and i mean anyone, andy couldnt handle my pace on the counter and our 2nd goal showed that. Andy had a corner that we cleared and wilson picked up the loose ball and ran 40 yards with it down the right wing, he crossed the ball long to the left hand side where my AML David Atange had run the whole lenth of the pitch where he got the sweetest of connections making it 2-0. After the game i knew that i had the makings of a very good team.

After the 2-0 Victory over andy we ended up winning the next 4 games with our last game being at home to the mighty PSG where we won 2-1. They had only lost 2 games all season and were already champions so maybe they took there foot of the gas abit, Even so the football we played was standout and my Young Striker Lendell Josephia ended up with 20 goals in the season. You always need a player who is going to get you that kinda goal tally and now i have one.

Over all i am happy with how thhe 2nd half of the season went. I dont want to harp on about my board but if the funds were there in the summer window then who knows where i would have finished. We also had a very good cup run, it ended in heart break with a 2-0 away loss to olympic marseille, it was all the more heart breaking at the final would of been against a National league team who somehow got to the final. I dont think we will have a better chance to win the cup than that but lady luck was not on our side then as we were in the middle of that injury nightmare.

2d8fiw.png

jfaepz.png

SUMMER WINDOW

For the 1st time since we started i am happy with my side, This summer is all about little tweaks here and there, I am in need of a top draw Center half and i have found one already so fingers crosssed i can bring him in. I will also be looking for a new right back and right winger and will need a powerful DM as that is where i am really short of numbers. Other than that i will go with the side i have built all season as i think i am almost there when it comes to playing with the big boys. The board have also thrown there support behind me. Yes they did there normal trick by cutting my Transfer % but this time only to 75% from 90%, i can live with that, but they came though for me when i asked them to up the wage bill, I only had to ask the once and they agreed. Maybe they have also wised up after last summers madness. the board have yet to give me money for players so i will have to wate and see what it is they will Give me.

1tu58l.png

33o0ff4.png

This was a lucky signing. As i was redoing my contracts in the 5min we get on june 15th i saw he was leaving barca on a free. Knowing that nobody eles had seen him i tried my luck and was happy as pigs in blankets.

2jfx8g5.png

My number 1 target of the summer in the bag, needs a little work but at the age of 22 is sure to come on alot. Really happy with this signing and i hope this is what will help sure things up at the back.

152jibb.png

Me and my free signings. Found this guy on a free after he left Dortmund, Is a great back up to my no1 left back who is wanted by some big clubs so if the right price came in then i wouldn't have to worry about finding a replacement.

242fpsn.png

Much needed Right back. After looking for over an hour for one i found this lad at Man City. I was going to loan him at first and Man City agreed to this but burnley then came in with a loan offer so i made a bid of 1m as that was all i had left at the time and they agreed the sale. Again still young so is sure to come on abit.

r0wjrc.png

3rd choice keeper. Still looking for a better 2nd option.

I am still in the hunt for a DM and 2nd choice Keeper. But so far so good.

o7umv5.png

So signed my Goal keeper. Was looking for a back up and found this guy. 4.6m hes cost me but only 1.9m up front. Great bit of business

9sqipk.png

Just a quick update on my board. I cant morn at them this summer, everything i asked for they have given me. So i thought i would push my luck and ask them to upgrade my tranning ground. To my shock they agreed 1st time and are thowing 1.8million at it. Maybe at long last me and the board are on the same page.

Onto the other members

Alan: A great season for him. To sit 2nd at the end of the season is some going. He has proven to be a very good manager and we are all in danger of him pulling away from us all. Alan will now test himself in the champions league and with the money that comes with that it could be a busy summer for him. A great season for alan, not bad for a QPR FAN lol

Sean : Like me sean had little luck this season. Injurys were a big issue for sean but he hung in there all season long only to loss his Champions league place on the very last day of the season. Sean said he is in the red for the first time in years and with no champions league money next season i see a one or 2 big names leaving.

Andy : His away form was his issue all season long, yes he won 7 games but he let in a whopping 51 goals, the most in the whole league. If Andy can somehow find a way to be more effective away from home you got to think hes going to challange, He as money to burn again and he has to get it right in the end, Doesnt he ???

Mike : He will be gutted to miss out on goinng up the last game of the season but he shouldnt be so hard on himself. He's had a great season and should be proud of that. Mike will need to add to his side to push on for next season but its not the mike way, He likes to buy young and build, this is all well and good but his board pulled the rug from under his feet and sold a young star with him not having a say. The sooner he can get into the top league the better.

Damo: The beast is stirning as he has taken the mighty Auxerre back into league 2. With a great set up already for him Damo could do something special over the next 2,3 years. Auxerre are a massive club with a massive fan base. The sooner he can get into the top league the better as he will be a force. Well done on going up.

Jonas A season of ifs and maybes for jonas, he was in the hunt for a top 3 place for but for one reason of another he never worked out for him. To add to his luck he had a board meeting at the end of the season and they want 9 points from the 1st 5 games. Jonas said he needs a Stiker and with me not doing that much in the way of business i have offered to help the dane out.

Well thats you upto date on a another great season Football manager with the PGC look out for the others members posts im sure they will be a good read.

Till next time

qqbi1w.png

beb%20small%20badge_5.jpg

AndyF - Bourg

Mixed emotions at BEB after a 5th place finish and I'm delighted to have finished as high as I did this season, as our defending has been shambolic at times with us being the 2nd highest conceders of goals with 80 which is unthinkable for a team finishing 5th. Thank God I have the attacking players to counter this with Cisse, Nnomo and on loan Camara scoring the main share of our 82 league goals putting us in the top 3 sides hitting the back of the net. On another disappointing note due to our poor coefficient standing as a nation our finishing position doesn't get us a place in the Europa League this season.

In the cups we were a bag of **** in both, infact that's a bit unfair on the players we fell in the early rounds in both competitions after getting possibly the toughest games in the draws getting beaten by PSG and Monaco.

In our first ever outing in a European competition we couldn't manage to get out of the group stages due to our defensive frailties but we did manage to pick up 3 wins in the mean time.

cup%20run%202223_1.jpg

On to our wheeling and dealing this year and we incurred a net loss of £11.5m after the transfers involving a total of 35 players, our biggest deal was obviously Raymond de Kaster who moved across the channel to Stamford Bridge with Abramovich forking out £44m up front and £14M in add ons which hopefully will be activated this up coming season and a £5m a year contract.

trans%202223.jpg

A new sponsorship deal at the start of February softened the blow on the transfer losses as was rumored that Orange had pumped almost £40M into the coffers in a 1yr deal.

new%20spon%20deal%202223.jpg

In June we moved into our new new 17,000 seater stadium after big invest from the chairman once again and after the season finished work commenced on the £10m upgrade of our facilities after further investment.

new%20gr%20built.jpg

10m%20fac.jpg

Thomas Lemar was for the second year running crowned France's Player Of The Year.

lemar%20poty%20again.jpg

Until Next Time.....

DAMUS MAXIMUS

Managers Profile:

Season: 2022/23

Club: AJ Auxerre

League: French National

Media Prediction 3rd:

Season expectations:

Well, after the boards announcment that during the last financial year the club recorded a LOSS OF £1.3MILLION. I didn't need a crystal ball to predict what our wage and transfer budgets would be for the upcoming campaign.

As always, renewing the contracts of our current players takes priority over signing new ones, happily, all our key players accepted new contracts without hesitation, that includes a certain C. Andre, the player i signed for 100k, but feared i'd be losing on a free transfer due to him suffering a broken leg and being injured for 6-7MONTHS, and by which time his contract would have expired. it seems, however, he's had a change of heart and no longer believes himself too talented to play for a lowly National league side.

The only players that rejected our offer of a new contract were a couple of hot prospects our youth academy had produced, they have been attracting the attention of a number of big name clubs for some time, but due to their age, their current value, the bids we'd recieved were nowhere near the amount it would have taken for me to even consider accepting.

But one of the youngsters, a 19yr old DC named F. N'Dioro was now in the final year of his contract and as you might expect with so many bigger clubs after his signature, any contract offer from us wouldn't even be considered. I resigned myself to the fact he'd be leaving the club, The only question that remained was how big a transfer fee we could get. Despite his current value being less than 10k, I offered him out to other clubs for a fee of 250k, the idea being to trigger as many bids from the list of interested clubs as possible and accept the highest. I never imagined the possibility of a club actually matching the 250k, but match it they did, and i very quickly accepted.

Our other unsettled hot prospect, a 19 yr old DR named L. Matos also left the club, but for a more modest fee of 9k.

As far as new signings was concerned, we had agreed deals with 2 players towards the end of last season for them to join at the start of the transfer window.

They were:-

1. M. Diagne AM R/C 75k

2. H. Chergui DC 94k

The only other players we were in the financial position to successfully sign were those available on free transfers, After spending the remainder of the transfer window searching through and scouting the best of what was available, this is a list of all our activity during the transfer window.

TRANSFER ACTIVITY:-

3. X. Lenogue GK free

4. A. Ranguin ST free

5. D. Pandor AM R/L free

6. L. Vallier DL free

Just as the opening fixture of the season was approaching I recieved confirmation thay i'd been selected in the Welsh squad for the world tiddlywink championships, the club gave permission for me to go, so my assistant would be incharge of the team selection until my return, which was expected to be around 15th september.

I arrived back at the club on 15th with a silver medal after finishing the tournament as runners up.

As for how the club had been performing under my assistants control, we were in 11th position in the league after 7 games with just 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses.

After a reshuffle with our team selection and a few minor tweaks to our formation, we were all set for the first game of the season under my control, thankfully the team responded positively with a 3-1 away win and the mood remained positive, despite a narrow defeat the following match.

They would turn out to be the only points dropped during a period of fantastic form, taking maximum points from our next 6 games, which catapulted us up to 3rd in the league:

French National League Table 5th Nov :

That streak came to an abrupt end though with a performance that left me scratching my head, we totally lost the plot, had 2 players sent off and lost 4-0 AT HOME!!

We managed to put it behind us though and ended 2022 with a win.

Results 14th Dec:

It would be a quiet January for us in the transfer window without a single player signing or leaving, on the field, we were able to keep up our challenge for promotion, clinging onto that 3rd position in the league.

National League 25th Feb:

Although we weren't able to replicate the kind of form we'd shown earlier in the campaign.

25th feb results:

That remained the story as we progressed through the remainder of the season, on 1st April we were into the final 5 games with the league and our results looking like this.

Results 1st Apr:

National League 1st Apr:

Although we'd got ourselves into a great position and were now clearly among the favourites for promotion, we allowed ourselves to get nervous, losing a crucial game against 1 of our promotion rivals followed by a disappointing draw at home and all of a sudden the picture changed.

Though we were still 2nd, 4 points above 4th with 2 games remaining.

FINALLY, WE GOT THE WIN WE NEEDED TO GET OVER THE LINE AND THE CELEBRATIONS BEGAN.

FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS:

MMescL0.png

Us Orleans.

This season for me was nothing more than a nightmare a non starter if you will, starting from day 1 i had many players out injured i lost my prized asset

Mejia for 5 months, then what followed was a cluster of injuries suspensions that was at times just unbelievable we played for 6 months with at the very least

5 out on matchdays the highest amount i counted out was 9, I played some games in the euro cup with no back line and in the league with players all out of position....

Onto what we done this season now iv got my excuses out the way :p we finished a decent fourth givn our circumstances its hard to say we went backwards wheen we finished on a higher points

tally than last year but i would definitly say that our season was one we could of done alot better had our circumstances been better, the Euro cup was a disaster all it did was add to the mass

of injuries i was trying new things and rotating my squad and even still the first team players i did involve were getting injured :D

In the cups my team didnt do much at all in fairness, we got to the semi's of th coup de la ligue and should of won the game but lost out on penalties ( thanks FM ) the French cup we did pretty poorly

crashing out much earlier than expected, out of the other lot the standout for me was Damo and Stu, and the reasonss i give for that is Damo has done something no manager could do with Auxerre and thats

hold down a job and finally get them going! and we all know how bad Stu's circumstances were the way he turned things round in the market and his shrewd buys was first class, also Aldo at Niortais had a great season bagging second, however i think Alan has been chapping at the door for a while now and having finally got his quality at th back in i kind of thought thats were he would of came personally, and my main man Fallon also done well again but i think he will have to really dig into his pot of gold this season to emerge as a serious threat to the likes of Niortais Monaco and PSG.

Never the less lads great season and i look forward to many more interesting and quick seasons.

now for some pics

Mahrooz_zpsfl4kjjvl.png

Here is my ST, Mahroos the monster, he started the year so slow but picked up in a way were he could not be stopped by anyone! several hat tricks and double delights seen him rise up the goal rankings

faster than the speed of light.

latst%20lg%20tablu_zpsbs1z0fgj.png

As you can see my frustration Monaco stole that position from mee on the final day all i needed from my last two games was one win and i didnt win any, somthing that personally always feels like you

have been royally done over but what can you do, just suck it up and get on with it!

This pre season -

Having no moneey from CL has stung big time i made investment in wages over the past two years in my bid to adopt my club into a fully formed european club howver its not gone to plan at all,

when you finish third in the league you land yourelf unseeded for the champions league so you find yourself drawing european heavyweights in the game, so what iv done this year is had to say goodbyee to

several top players, fans favourites and my favourites in favour of a new look and newly built squad, this is no doubt going to take time but it something that has to be done to balance the books at the club,

im one who likes to run a tight ship and keep my club out of the red zone financially, i dont buy big unless iv sold bigger and thats exactly what iv done iv sold over 116 mill so far with a further 30+ leaving

and i will be looking to invest a heavy sum as well.

the aims have to be in the top 4 this term, if i hadnt made so many changes id be wanting a CL spot straight off the bat but knowing how this games goes ill have a few months of gelling and getting used to

my new players, id like to go deep in one of the cups or have a run in the Euro cup but we will have to see ill never take anything for granted on this game and iv started to expect the worst after last season, but lets hope we dont see a repeat of that.

Stadium expansion is also complete in the next month so that will be good for the club!

until next time

1M5uaUx.png

So the Dane is back where it all started! Back at CS Sedan Ardennes!... Hopefully for a more successful time than the last time...

I took over a time that was in pretty bad shape in regards to the offence... There was basically only 1 decent striker, and I lost him because I couldn't afford to renew his contract...

But other than that, the team was looking decent...

I set out in the hopes of getting a top half finish, but with no hope of challenging for promotion, due to the lack of strikers... And as the season went on, we could have challenged, but we were missing the final edge... We wound up in 11th due to some poor form towards the end of the season, which is becoming quite familiar to me...

So the biggest upside to the season was that we were actually the second-most scoring side, despite not having any good strikers...

K5xWcrc.png

In fact, the striker with the most goals only had 8 goals...

3XvtSaD.png

But... my winger Hümmet had an amazing season with 20 goals from the wing....

BBrVmpV.png

He was the second-most scoring player in the league...

KqgNs9s.png

And even won player of the season!

But the worst part of the season, and the reason we couldn't really challenge for promotion was the fact, that we are simply letting too many goals in...

K5xWcrc.png

It's something I've been struggling with in this FM with all my clubs, and something that needs to be fixed if I ever want to get out of National....

Archived