Macbook OS Help

Hi guys, hopefully there's someone good enough with tech on here to help me.

I'm considering buying a Macbook for the release of the new FM, i've found a really good offer online for a cheap refurbished one but even though it has been grade A refurbished i think it looks a little old.

anyway, the OS is called os x 10.7 Lion. Also if it helps this is the model number MB061B/A.

Can anybody tell me if this would be good enough to support the new game also if it does support it, will the processing speed be any good?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, hopefully there's someone good enough with tech on here to help me.

I'm considering buying a Macbook for the release of the new FM, i've found a really good offer online for a cheap refurbished one but even though it has been grade A refurbished i think it looks a little old.

anyway, the OS is called os x 10.7 Lion. Also if it helps this is the model number MB061B/A.

Can anybody tell me if this would be good enough to support the new game also if it does support it, will the processing speed be any good?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but that is a very bad computer. I just looked it up and the Mac with that model number comes with a 1Ggb Ram and an Intel Core duo 2ghz processor. Both of those are not good at all, especially the RAM.

Sorry, but that is a very bad computer. I just looked it up and the Mac with that model number comes with a 1Ggb Ram and an Intel Core duo 2ghz processor. Both of those are not good at all, especially the RAM.

Gutted, i thought £180 was too good to be true!!

my mac is a mac air from 2014 and it is an i7 processor (~3.3ghz) and has 8gb of RAM.

It does a pretty decent job. My performance rating is always at 5 stars regardless how many leagues I have loaded up, but it is my speed rating that drops with the more nations I load up. Which is expected. I usually have England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, and a few small ones loaded up and my Performance rating is 5 stars and my speed rating is about 2.5-3.0 stars. Which is pretty good.

my mac is a mac air from 2014 and it is an i7 processor (~3.3ghz) and has 8gb of RAM.

It does a pretty decent job. My performance rating is always at 5 stars regardless how many leagues I have loaded up, but it is my speed rating that drops with the more nations I load up. Which is expected. I usually have England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, and a few small ones loaded up and my Performance rating is 5 stars and my speed rating is about 2.5-3.0 stars. Which is pretty good.

It's a 1.7ghz processor that you have. It can turbo boost to 3.3ghz.

That's why there's such a slow down - the more leagues and players the larger the database, the more the processor relaxes back towards 1.7ghz.

It's a 1.7ghz processor that you have. It can turbo boost to 3.3ghz.

That's why there's such a slow down - the more leagues and players the larger the database, the more the processor relaxes back towards 1.7ghz.

Ya, that's right. Still does a pretty good job. But, my next laptop is going to be a windows. Not liking the Macs.

Well I disagree with almost everything EuskalHerria has written... except that you should better not buy this refurbished Macbook.

Unfortunately in your price range aren't a lot of options.

Especially if you are not technically interested because therefore buying a used one poses a rather big risk.

A sensible option would be a low-budget laptop from a known maker like Acer.

The Acer Travelmate P256 is such a model for roundabout 300 pounds and should be able to play FM 16 in a sufficient way.

http://skinflint.co.uk/acer-travelmate-p256-m-nx-v9mek-005-a1156465.html?hloc=uk

As for Macs:

I've got a Macbook Pro Retina from 2014 and this little machine is the best laptop I've ever owned.

It handles FM 15 with 13 active leagues and a database of 85.000 players with ease.

Well I disagree with almost everything EuskalHerria has written... except that you should better not buy this refurbished Macbook.

Unfortunately in your price range aren't a lot of options.

Especially if you are not technically interested because therefore buying a used one poses a rather big risk.

A sensible option would be a low-budget laptop from a known maker like Acer.

The Acer Travelmate P256 is such a model for roundabout 300 pounds and should be able to play FM 16 in a sufficient way.

http://skinflint.co.uk/acer-travelmate-p256-m-nx-v9mek-005-a1156465.html?hloc=uk

As for Macs:

I've got a Macbook Pro Retina from 2014 and this little machine is the best laptop I've ever owned.

It handles FM 15 with 13 active leagues and a database of 85.000 players with ease.

Please re-read my post. No where in there did I say macs weren't good with FM. Actually, I stated that it is performing very well for me. My comment about wishing I never would have got a Mac is not about FM or gaming. There are other issues irrelevant to FM that makes me wish I didn't purchase a Mac. Spec wise, the price you pay for a Mac, you can get a Windows with better specs. But like I mentioned, FM15 performed very well on my Mac with all the leagues I mentioned I had loaded. But the Mac I have and the Mac you have are nothing like what the OP looked into buying. That one has some pretty bad specs, especially the ram. And with Macs, you can't upgrade the ram

..Spec wise, the price you pay for a Mac, you can get a Windows with better specs. ...

What is a Mac? A Macbook retina, macbook air, macbook pro 13, macbook pro 15, mac pro, iMac, mac mini??

The same goes for "a Windows"... it's even more nonsense. There are hundreds of different laptops on the market today!

If you compare a Macbook retina with a similar( weight, build-quality, IPS-display) laptop from a different manufacturer price wise you'll find there a no differences.

Otherwise: if you value more a graphics card over display or build quality there are surely other and better options.

Archived