I get bored when the real players are gone

I'm a little bit of both sides really.

Have to admit that once regens come into the game at first, it's a little jarring as it does seem, at least to me, that you can pick up and find the world class potential regens too easily. The real life players you still have become a little less valuable.

That said, once the game moves on, I love the feeling of having scouted, signed and put my faith into a squad that is entirely mine and building it into a cohesive team where I can see individuals flourish, it's much more satisfying and I feel like you can build a better connection with the players.

Oh, and I still haven't got a son in game.. all these years and nothing. :(

If you want a completely fantasy world, there are saved games out there 100s of years into the game already. I tried it for a bit but it's not as fun as getting there yourself imo.

But how do you get there yourself? Doesn't it get to a point where the board sing you "Happy 200th Birthday", and suggest (possibly by shouting down your ear trumpet) that it might be time to retire?

I find the game even more exciting when all the real players have retired and the game is full of regen. Quite addicting too!

"Ah, another season finished. Time to quit the game and uninstall. But first let me look at the reserve/youth team"

"OMG! A wonderkid!. I must develop him! Ok, I'll continue playing the game"

Few seasons later...

"Ok, that's it. I swear it's time to stop and play another game. But first let me check my reserve/youth squad"

"OMG! A wonderkid! Several potential to be key players!! Several potential to be quality players!! I must develop them!!"

Few seasons later..

Well, you get the idea. :D

Archived