No more offensive d-men?

Is it just a problem in my game or aren't there enough offensive defensmen in the game once the newgens start coming in? I'm in 2019 and most good d-prospects are stay-at-home defensmen and/or have a terrible slapshot rating.

Yeah it appears with generated prospects there are a couple major flaws at the moment. One of them being the complete and utter disappearance of offensive defensemen. Of course the issue with mental attributes has been discussed as well. Currently generated prospects needs a work over thats for sure.

Is it just a problem in my game or aren't there enough offensive defensmen in the game once the newgens start coming in? I'm in 2019 and most good d-prospects are stay-at-home defensmen and/or have a terrible slapshot rating.

I noticed the same thing.

Have you, or has anyone else made a post in the bug forum section about it yet, because it is a big issue?

I holidayed overnight, took a team over and this guy looks really fun even though we'll leak goals with him on the ice. Fourth forward.

His slapshot is actually okay, but yeah, the ratings are too low across the board for newgen D-men's point shots. It lets a lot of guys down.

The other problems I saw were 1) anticipation is too low for stay-at-home defensemen and 2) not enough traditional checking line forwards are good enough to crack the NHL. I'm looking through all these teams and they'll probably be playing undersized Slovakian dekemasters with a 6 for positioning on the fourth line. Influence and strength are also too high across the board.

Scouting-wise I don't think the draft is "tiered" as much as it is in real life, too many gems in the 2nd/3rd rounds and not enough guaranteed quality in the top 10. Very few of the superstars in my 2031 league were top 10 picks. This might be tricky because there are a lot of things to balance with development through juniors, still opening up the possibility for late-round steals etc.

Overall there was still a ton of progress made with the newgens in the last patch, though, it's so much better than it was.

Archived