Nation Youth Rating and reducing newgen quality

Erimus1876

The youth rating for each nation is something I've not messed with before so was wondering if someone who has modified it in their database has noticed any significant effect?

What I'm wanting to do is reduce the quality or number of top class newgens from appearing in my career games.

At the moment the number of wonderkids and high PA talent entering my save is a bit much for my liking. I prefer them to be much rarer.

Does reducing youth rating decrease the newgen quality, or the frequency of wonderkids appearing? And has anyone found a nice balance with the settings?

Youth rating influences the PA of newgens appearing. So a high youth rating means more high PA newgens.

Training facilities & coaching staff (among others) influence the chance of newgens actually reaching their PA.

So yes, lowering the youth rating means you'll get less high PA newgens.

It definitely has an effect. I think it is difficult to really pinpoint any thresholds (how much do you need to lower it to achieve effect X ?) but i think it is unquestionable that it makes a difference. Of course a million other things have an effect, which is why youth rating can not be taken as a standalone number in a "wait, why has nation X a better rating than nation Y ???". But it is definitely useful for the purpose you have, simply lowering the "base" of created players. For this purpose, this is definitely a viable method, imo. (not least because it is actually applicable rather quickly and is not dependent on the save game itself, i.e. what clubs do what with their facilitys further in game). For my own current save game i have lowered basically every nations youth rating by 10.

Archived