Mac Version

• 1 month later...
I just updated to 15.14.0b and can't launch ehm:ea with either the wineskin or crossover... any ideas? Everything worked fine with 15.13.0b, and nothing changed on my machine.

I'm not 100% sure mine updated to 15.14.0b (is there a way to check that without opening the game?) but having gone to open it today, I'm having the same problem. I click 'play' within Steam on Wineskin and it gives me the usual "preparing to launch" message. Yet the game isn't actually appearing, even though if I click 'play' a second time, it gives me the "failed to start game (app already running)" message. Had no problems with playing it on Wineskin until now, so for my money, something in the 15.14.0b update is preventing the game from running within Wineskin.

Im Having the same issue after updating 15.14.0b. It has to be something in the update that won't allow the game to initialize. It's strange to say the least that it has worked so perfectly prior to this specific update and now it's unusable. Something must be killing the initialization process I imagine?

Downloaded 15.14.1b hoping it would rectify the issue and the problem continues to exist. Click run, it tells me it's opening but the EHM window doesn't appear. Yet if I click run again it tells me it's already open. Guess it must be an issue with Wine, but of course, had a Mac version being released then we wouldn't have to go to such extremes just to play it in the first place...

• SI Staff

We don't officially support a Mac version, but we'll try and see if we can help you guys out who are trying to run it on things like Wine. I think it may have something to do with file/folder permissions by the sounds of the reports.

• Administrators

In Wine, do the following:-

• Right click Wine on the Mac task bar and go to File Manager
  • Go to C:\Users\<user>\My Documents\
  • Backup any saved games and other files in "Sports Interactive\EHM" folder you want to keep
  • Right click and delete the Sports Interactive folder
  • Now try launching EHM again.
  • Copy the backed up saved games back in if you want

The above worked for me on Wine, v1.6.1

In Wine, do the following:-

• Right click Wine on the Mac task bar and go to File Manager
  • Go to C:\Users\<user>\My Documents\
  • Backup any saved games and other files in "Sports Interactive\EHM" folder you want to keep
  • Right click and delete the Sports Interactive folder
  • Now try launching EHM again.
  • Copy the backed up saved games back in if you want

The above worked for me on Wine, v1.6.1

Thanks guys! Also works with the newer version of wine.

Glad to hear there is a fix, but I think I've created another problem for myself. I installed El Capitan in the meantime and now when I try to open EHM within Wine, I get the following message:

34r6gxk.png

Any ideas?

Edit: I found this thread - http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=6337&topics_offset=8 - which seems to suggest a common problem in El Capitan that was then fixed, and apparently there is an update that fixes it, but I can't work out how to install that and get it to work with EHM. At this point, sadly, I think I'm just going to give up with EHM. It's 2015, and the fact that Mac users have to go to such efforts just to get the game to work is crazy. I guess I should be glad I got as far through the game as I did (2029) considering others won't have been able to play it at all.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

No, there are no plans for the current version to be released on a Mac.

You can still get the PC version and run it via PlayOnMac for example or other similar software. I personally play EHM on a Mac using PlayOnMac and it works well for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

is there somewhere an installation guide with PlayonMac for this game? Do i have to install Steam via PlayonMac as well. I have already steam installed for Football Manager. But i am using the native version. Or does this game work in VM in Parallel or VMware Fusion? Personally i would favor a Mac Version thats also a reason why i am playing the Football Manager and not the EA Version.

Cheers

Vargr

Thank you for the link! It is very useful for the rooster update. The installation itself was easier than expected :) Just use the PlayonMac installer for steam and than install the game ... Also i am very impressed how smooth the game runs!

Ok than i have just to watch the the final tonight and start my new career! Great!!!

Archived