5T5vOZZ.png

4R5E87h.png

Champions League Play Off

OO8Me1d.png

tIL846d.png

O6HqF2Z.png

YF99ELy.png

Managers Thoughts

Absolutely delighted with those couple of months there, granted we are a couple of points behind in the league and out of the cups but I feel the league is still in reach as long as we still have Sligo to play again and unlike last season we aren't throwing away too many silly points now.

The advantage of being in the CL champions half of the qualifiers is you are always likely to face weaker sides and bar Partizan who in all honesty battered us in both legs the ties were all winnable even though they were tricky ones and having the fitness advantage over Videoton and Partizan probably played their part just as in last season run. Finances for qualifying have probably secured our future for another 2 season

XnUsARV.png

Though I have had these agreed by the board which will affect it quite a bit

koSScX6.png

d0hBvAp.png

but with TV money later in the year and even if we don't get any points £150k+ per home game will still us in very strong position financially and miles ahead of the rest of the division. The decision to go pro I feel is the big one as Sligo Rovers are the only pro club in the division at the moment and their title challenge is certainly helped by that. Another reason is to help the players progression and attract a better quality of player, we have a lot of contracts of the foreign players run out this season and hopefully going pro will attract the better players that so far have been hard to get.

The CL group as you'd expect is tough and tbh I wouldn't expect a single point from it but would be nice to get something from Olympiakos at home

NJK1NJS.png

Whilst we'll go for it in all the games the league is my priority, we're not expected to do much in the CL but getting there again next season would ensure our financial future after struggling so much in the last few seasons is secure.

Fantastic qualification :thup:
Tough CL group, but for a club of your size, what an achievement just getting there :)

Cheers lads very happy to have managed it after the disappointment of PSV last year

Fantastic effort to get through to the group stage!

Cheers mate, was tough and we were very lucky again Partizan as the screenshots showed but we were fantastic in the other 2 rounds

Good luck getting a result or two.

Cheers delta, i'm just about to type the report out so you'll see how we did soon

6mnLpm7.png

Shelborne FC September - December 2017

lZ5fPz1.png

h5NTUqA.png

8ho064h.png

5jLiSBQ.png

AEUkShE.png

4rJBnfo.png

snfPyXj.png

b4uLi4J.png

Youth Intake

spBLcmG.png

Kghvcdb.png

vzATNPh.png

Managers Thoughts

If last season was a case of having luck go against us we certainly had a lot this year. A draw in our penultimate league game left Sligo in with a chance to snatch the title from us and for the majority of the last game we were in 2nd place as Sligo took the lead in their game to overtake us on goal difference but an 87th minute equaliser that I didn't think was ever coming put us back on top and won us our 2nd title in a row.

Europe was fantastic, I targeted Olymiacos at home as a possible 3 points which we managed but the draw against my former side Bilbao was a superb and unexpected result that confirmed 3rd spot and a place in Europe after christmas where we will face Malmo in a tie we have to fancy a little. A bonus point away to Olymiacos came after trailing 3-0 at half time just to prove the character in the squad.

I've got a few targets for the new season and with an outrageous £2.5M budget for this level we should have no problem affording wages and bringing in a better standard of player.

6mnLpm7.png

Shelborne FC January - March 2018

Wt5rzMn.png

uOJC1i4.png

TxGBtj6.png

RPjNgEE.png

PE1Gqi0.png

Managers Thoughts

This will be my last update in this thread for a while as I am going to go back to FM15 and my Iron Curtain save as i've got the urge for it again.

Delighted with the European results and could have carried on at the club but it has felt a bit stale which is why I took the Palermo job. Once I return to the save I want to get them back in Serie A firstly and the club has fantastic potential and i'll look forward to starting it once I return to this but the time is right to go back to FM 15 and carry on there

Archived