Player development (warning for good player spoilers)

Hello!

So, I've just started my custom database save where I re-make the Swedish league-system to be played over the winter. I also increase clubs reputation by ~1000 each and add some money. I don't change any players in any way, just the league, club rep and money.

Now to the spoiler warning (I wont go into exact PA/CA).

First season in this new league I bought Vincent Aboubakar and Ayoze Perez for a combined fee of £45 million. They where intended to be rotation choices for my two main strikers Cauley Woodrow and Jordan Rhodes. My scouts told these two new players had a lot of potential (5 stars on both) but they were currently a fair bit below both Woodrow and Rhodes both in stats and stars.

Now the strange thing, 18 games into the season both Aboubakar (12 apps) and Ayoze (10 apps) are being rated as World Class. They went from decent options to being two of the best strikers in the world and it's showing (I will get pics later) both stat-wise and performance-wise. They are ripping oppositions apart in both the league and CL. Aboubakar got 42 goals after 32 games that season and Ayoze 26 with 18 assists as well.

My question, is this development to be expected by these two or did things go a bit too fast or am I just that good at developing talents? ;)

Yes, that is true. I was just surprised regarding the speed and that it happened to two of my strikers at the same time.

I mean, they went from being a Good Player to World Class in less than 13 apps.

Your scouts and your backroom staff will have different opinions from one another. Also depends on how long you were scouting them for, but after 18 games your staff at the club will have a much better idea of where the players fit in regarding ability.

Archived