Most important attributes for assistant managers

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get your ideas about choosing the best assistant manager in the game.

For me I always try to sign assistant manager whose "Tactical knowledge, judging player ability & potential" attributes are 18+. I think his main focus is not "Player Coaching"; so I do not care about coaching attributes.

What are the MUST attributes for a great assistant manager?

In theory, the ones you mentioned + man management. However, since I always ignore their advices and their reports are not always accurate, I very much prefer to focus on their coaching attributes, especially tactics.

In theory, the ones you mentioned + man management. However, since I always ignore their advices and their reports are not always accurate, I very much prefer to focus on their coaching attributes, especially tactics.

You guys don't use Opposite Instructions very much do you? I find that the higher an assistant managers tactical attributes are the better his advice for OI, and its just a matter of deciding which ones you want to follow.

Depends what you are going to use the ass man for. If you're not going to use him to pick your team for you, and neither for advice during the match, and not to set or give advice about OI's, you'd be better off finding one that has some decent abilities as a coach. I use mine mainly as a coach, but also let him do the media and team talks for me. So I need one that is a fairly sensible chap, and with high motivation and man management skills.

I always want him to have as high motivating, man management, JPP, JPA, Tactical knowledge, Working with Youngster, Adaptability and Determination as possible, as well as Tactical training.

To me he is actually not much use since I do everything myself and don't listen to his advice, but I don't bother to set OI myself so that is really the only task he has. That is why I never sacrifice high tactical knowledge for better attributes in other positions.

Archived