We should be able to do crazy stuff like...

I agree about more with set pieces. There is no way we can try something radical like this, the most you can have on the line is two, one on either post and the keeper. Who appears to be stuck to that line. For a tall team putting multiple people on the line might work quite well.

The problem with giving users the freedom to use extreme routines such as this is that inevitably people find ways to set things up that exploit weaknesses in the match engine and break the game, and then the forums get flooded with people complaining that the game is broken and too easy, despite the fact that the only thing making the game too easy is them continuing to use a routine which they know is an exploit.

We saw this with the Championship Manager games after the SI/Eidos split. Those games allowed you to set up very complex set piece routines, and they were easy to exploit.

The last time I played one of those games, Championship Manager 2010, within about 30 minutes I'd figured out a corner routine which would result in a goal from around 70% of corners. No matter who I was playing as or who it was against, at least 7 out of every 10 corners would result in a goal. I could literally just set up this routine, not touch any other part of the tactics, not make any transfers, not bother with training or any other aspect of the game, and just blitz through games winning almost every single one because as soon as I got a corner I was almost guaranteed a goal.

The more freedom that is given to users, the harder the game becomes to bug test and the easier it will be for people to exploit weaknesses in it.

Set pieces should include more, then it currently does imo, so i´d be very happy if i had the opportunity, to set up something that suits me.

If someone wants to play the game in such manner, exploit the game and later whine about, what does this have to do with us, who thinks that correlation seems illogical?

If you want to cheat, edit and set up your set pieces to score 100% of the time, why should my choices be dumbed down, as a result of that?

Seems far more rational, to let each individual decide how to play their game, and let them chose to play in way they see fit. Hopefully with more set piece variations ;)

Lastly, set pieces are instrumental in todays game, it´s a huge part of football. I´d enjoy it, if things directly related to football was added. Press conferences have been added, as the are a part of the real life footballing world, i´d imagine that setting up set pieces - REALLY DETAILED - is also a part of the footballing world.

Oh and by the way, i use or exploit press conferences to manage morale. This makes the game way too easy. So now i´ve exploited the game and whined about, the next stedp is surely to remove press conferences from the game :)

Set pieces should include more, then it currently does imo, so i´d be very happy if i had the opportunity, to set up something that suits me.

If someone wants to play the game in such manner, exploit the game and later whine about, what does this have to do with us, who thinks that correlation seems illogical?

If you want to cheat, edit and set up your set pieces to score 100% of the time, why should my choices be dumbed down, as a result of that?

Seems far more rational, to let each individual decide how to play their game, and let them chose to play in way they see fit. Hopefully with more set piece variations ;)

Lastly, set pieces are instrumental in todays game, it´s a huge part of football. I´d enjoy it, if things directly related to football was added. Press conferences have been added, as the are a part of the real life footballing world, i´d imagine that setting up set pieces - REALLY DETAILED - is also a part of the footballing world.

Oh and by the way, i use or exploit press conferences to manage morale. This makes the game way too easy. So now i´ve exploited the game and whined about, the next stedp is surely to remove press conferences from the game :)

I think the point being made is that until AI is developed to the point it can understand and combat complex set-piece routines, including them would be counter-intuitive.

It's simple - why do you want complex set-piece routines? Because it's more realistic. But if those complex corner routines result in 5-0 wins against every team because the opposition AI can't handle them, it's less realistic than simply not having the set-piece routines in the first place.

The whole point of Football Manager is to provide an accurate representation of real football, and at the moment it is not possible to include complex set-piece routines and retain the desired level of realism.

Maybe one day, but not yet.

Archived