Cardiff City to Blue

Sheddy

Right; all I want to do is change Cardiff City kit colours in the game. I have changed all the kit graphics, all I want to do is edit the kit colours in the game so my Cardiff team play in Blue (mainly). I have created my oen edited fmf file but it doesn't work in the game (it is added to the list of data files I am using when I set up the game), the amended kits just don't show. The only other additional files I have are the real name fix files from susie. Can anyone tell me a step by step way to achieve what I want as this is really getting on my nerves.

If you use the editor to change colours it will only show on a new game. You can't actually swap the colours but you can use copy and paste. To do this open the editor, go to clubs, then to Cardiff, then to kits. On either the home or away screen, at the top, select edit. Here there is an option to copy and paste the kit. Once you have done one kit, they will both be the same so you need to edit the other one yourself.

Thanks for your reply. I have manually changed the kits. I have only tried it on a new game (ie made the changes before I booted the game). I created an fmf file for this change and ensured it was in the active add ons list when booting the game. Do I need to do something else?

Try removing the fmf file, (I don't see why you should need it), then load the game. Any changes in the editor should be picked up by the game without the need for additional files. You haven't added anything, you have edited existing files so there should be no need for an fmf file.

Thanks again for your reply. OK confused now. How do I save changes if I dont save them as an fmf file? I really dont get how the databases load/import/ save etc it makes no sense to me. do I just press "Load Database", make the changes and then how do I save those changes? I thought the only way was to create an fmf file?

Ok, lets rewind. When you edit the kits the next thing to do is save the changes. This you would do as normal. In other words, on the drop down menu, select "save editor data." This will automatically overwrite your original database with the changed one. Alternatively, you can select "save editor data as" in which case a separate file will be saved with whatever name you choose. You shouldn't have to do anything else. Just check that the file has been saved in the editor data folder, which is where the game picks it up from, not the active add ons folder. Then, when you load a new game, if you overwrote the original database it will automatically load. If you created a differently named file you will have to select it when you load the game.

Providing you have done everything correctly, you should be able to select your file. Whe you start a new game and you see the box entitled "choose database", lower down that box is the editor data files drop down. Here, you need to select "custom". Then you need to select your saved fmf file in the list. Then continue loading the game.

Have you got a 3D kits pack installed/do Cardiff have their 3D kit in game by default? If so then swap the file names over.

EDIT: I just looked on the resource archiver and they do have their 3D kits in the game by default, you will need to swap them using that as well then (Change 'cardiff home' to 'cardiff away' and 'cardiff away' to 'cardiff home').

Have you got a 3D kits pack installed/do Cardiff have their 3D kit in game by default? If so then swap the file names over.

EDIT: I just looked on the resource archiver and they do have their 3D kits in the game by default, you will need to swap them using that as well then (Change 'cardiff home' to 'cardiff away' and 'cardiff away' to 'cardiff home').

this will do it

Archived