Youth Team Affiliates

Yes. You will still get the same x amount of players like always.

I have tested a lot in FM 2014 (still have to do this in 15 though). The quality of the player depends on the nation and that specific club its youth set up. It basically means that it is only really useful if the country of the club affiliate has a good youth rating (like Brazil, Germany) but it has no use if that club is a 3rd league amateur club. Nope, you need to get a club with a good youth set-up like Santos etc.

I recommend that you ask your board to get a club affiliate which lets you buy their players for free. That way you'll also get their youth-intake and a whole lot of regens to chose from.

Same quantity yes, but not always better quality.

I normally play in the dutch league and I have a Swedish youth affiliate. I have that one for realism but not for better regens. The swedish nation has a worse youth rating than the dutch. And that club has worse facilities because mine are maxed out. That means that most (read 99%) of the swedish regens I get from my youth intake are not really good.

It's only really useful if you have a club within a bad football nation like San Marino or Luxembourg etc. Otherwise I would not recommend a youth affiliate. Although thats not how it works in real life. Because dutch clubs only buy the most talented scandanavian players so they should be some of the better regens. That's something SI should look into, although it does not really bother me because I'll just contract those talented players directly from their club when they pop up in sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on another site was telling me today that with his real madrid save file his affiliates he was able to get youth intakes from those countries... now i understand that my england club isnt that high on the food change to say get players from belgium or japan or anything but was wondering what kind of affiliates would those be so that i can request those kinds when i get high on the food chain..

Archived