Game not perfect, but..........

I don't post very often but I do read read posts and I've noticed so many negative comments towards SI. I am an old guy who has been playing the game since the very first CM when Danny Murphy was the most amazing wonderkid ever and let me tell you, the game has come a long, long way. It makes me chuckle how mad some people get with the game and with SI. Could the game to better, sure but you have to remember how extremely complex the game really is and how one thing affects another. I have taken Brighton to the PL, qualified for EL and then to CL. The club is rich and has a world wide rep now so if I can do it then it proves that it is absolutely possible. I have had some of the problems people complain about like player unrest, not being to sell players occasionally, strikers having terrible games etc but NEVER to the point where steam comes out of my ears and am compelled to vent on these forums. I imagine that being a RL football manager is way harder than this game. I only posted this time because I read some of the most ridiculous posts, things like PL teams should be able to boycott League Cup because their team is so successful that their game schedule is too tight, come on, really? If there are things that bother people so much why not just use the editor to fix it instead of hurling unpleasant comments towards SI. Do you really think that the SI team wouldn't want the game to be as good as possible? Also remember SI is a commercial enterprise with fiscal obligations and that FM is only a game.

I don't post very often but I do read read posts and I've noticed so many negative comments towards SI. I am an old guy who has been playing the game since the very first CM when Danny Murphy was the most amazing wonderkid ever and let me tell you, the game has come a long, long way. It makes me chuckle how mad some people get with the game and with SI. Could the game to better, sure but you have to remember how extremely complex the game really is and how one thing affects another. I have taken Brighton to the PL, qualified for EL and then to CL. The club is rich and has a world wide rep now so if I can do it then it proves that it is absolutely possible. I have had some of the problems people complain about like player unrest, not being to sell players occasionally, strikers having terrible games etc but NEVER to the point where steam comes out of my ears and am compelled to vent on these forums. I imagine that being a RL football manager is way harder than this game. I only posted this time because I read some of the most ridiculous posts, things like PL teams should be able to boycott League Cup because their team is so successful that their game schedule is too tight, come on, really? If there are things that bother people so much why not just use the editor to fix it instead of hurling unpleasant comments towards SI. Do you really think that the SI team wouldn't want the game to be as good as possible? Also remember SI is a commercial enterprise with fiscal obligations and that FM is only a game.

The game itself is great, but this version in particular they have done poorly with the technical side (i.e. patches breaking modding components, saving times etc.), and there have been multiple instances where it seems that there needs to be more SI side testing prior to releases. The game itself is great, but that doesn't make up for the technical flaws seen in this version.

Archived