American Regen names

What are the more unrealistic ones? Out of curiosity.

Regen names are drawn at random from the existing players in the database, if you want a larger/different pool, you need to add players to the database with the names you want. At least that's the way I understand it, editors forum would be the best bet to get more details.

you and me both! The Canadian names are even worst.

If the game gets regen names from names already in the database then the pool of names that canada and US draw from must not be from the MLS.

Majority of USA regens names are Mexican and majority of Canada's regen names are Russian? Croatian?

Most of the time I find myself having to "Americaize" some of those hispanic names.

What are the more unrealistic ones? Out of curiosity.

Regen names are drawn at random from the existing players in the database, if you want a larger/different pool, you need to add players to the database with the names you want. At least that's the way I understand it, editors forum would be the best bet to get more details.

I can't give examples off hand, but from what I have seen the players names are far too British sounding, or as Mars Blackman alluded to the regen names of many Americans are Hispanic. That's fine if it was surnames, but you would expect more americanization of their first names. Whatever about them though, the typical European American names just don't give off an authentic American vibe.

My complaint is that I had 3 Wondolowskis in my league after a couple years. That name sticks out like a soar thumb. :lol:

Yeaaaah that's annoying. In 2000, Wondolowski was ranked as the 75216 most common(not sure if right term?) surname in America. Any Statistics people know the probability of 3 players by that surname appearing in MLS at the same time?

But in any case, if there was a file you could download to increase the number of names in a nation it would have been done by now I'm sure. The only way I know of is going into the pre-game editor and creating as many new people as you can (doesn't matter what type, they can be players, coaches, referees, etc as long as you can assign a nationality to them) . Then loading that file at game start. The game picks regen names from existing people in the game of the same nationality.

That's not a bad idea for an editor project if anyone wants to do it - Name Packs for every nation exclusively full of referees (without competitions assigned for them to oversee, just a name and a nationality) that you won't see in the game but whose names will be used for regens.

Playing as RC Lens in France, I have a regen named 'Laurent Laurent'. Really?

And I have three regens with the last name 'Chevalier'. I pretend they are brothers or cousins, otherwise it's kind of immersion breaking.

Speaking of players having the same last name. Canada is horrible at this. I swear to you not Toronto FC Academy had a team full of players with the same last name. Vancouver & Montreal Academies also had this flaw but it wasn't nearly as bad as Totonto FC Academy

But in any case, if there was a file you could download to increase the number of names in a nation it would have been done by now I'm sure. The only way I know of is going into the pre-game editor and creating as many new people as you can (doesn't matter what type, they can be players, coaches, referees, etc as long as you can assign a nationality to them) . Then loading that file at game start. The game picks regen names from existing people in the game of the same nationality.

That's not a bad idea for an editor project if anyone wants to do it - Name Packs for every nation exclusively full of referees (without competitions assigned for them to oversee, just a name and a nationality) that you won't see in the game but whose names will be used for regens.

give me a few days and I'll put something together

Archived