Too many young players are getting promoted to the first team by assistant manager (FMH2015)

Playing in Portugal, and just got promoted to premier league with Oriental. During the first transfer window, my assistant manager promoted 40 (forty) youth players into the first team - and all of them are half star rating with maybe half a dozen with potential rating of one star. I have also had this issue when playing FMH2014 (Portugese leagues as well - with different teams as well).

Could SI please consider either reducing the number of youth players promoted, or introduce an option to accept or reject assistant manager's player suggestion?

Its very annoying having a reserve team filled with useless players (in a couple of saves in FMH2014 it actually filled up my whole reserve team and I couldn't demote any more players), and more importantly there is a question of wages as well. Whilst $80-$130 pw for a player may not be much, having 40 of them takes at least $3200 pw out of my wage budget, and when you have a total budget just over $20k pw this takes a large chunk out of it.

Rant over:) But it would be good if this is something SI can take a look at.

Playing in Portugal, and just got promoted to premier league with Oriental. During the first transfer window, my assistant manager promoted 40 (forty) youth players into the first team - and all of them are half star rating with maybe half a dozen with potential rating of one star. I have also had this issue when playing FMH2014 (Portugese leagues as well - with different teams as well).

Could SI please consider either reducing the number of youth players promoted, or introduce an option to accept or reject assistant manager's player suggestion?

Its very annoying having a reserve team filled with useless players (in a couple of saves in FMH2014 it actually filled up my whole reserve team and I couldn't demote any more players), and more importantly there is a question of wages well. Whilst $80-$130 pw for a player may not be much, having 40 of them takes at least $3200 pw out of my wage budget, and when you have a total budget just over $20k pw this takes a large chunk out of it.

the problem of fm2015 handheld just allow us to play first team only. we can't play reserve team and u 18. hope fm 2016handheld will have

the problem of fm2015 handheld just allow us to play first team only. we can't play reserve team and u 18. hope fm 2016handheld will have

That would be nice too, but it doesn't solve my problem - I just don't want few dozen half-star players being promoted into first team

There is an option to demote then can you not do that???

I can demote them to reserve team, and that is what I'm doing - but all I end up is reserver team full of useless players and 3.2k taken out of my 20k pw wage budget.

• 3 weeks later...

when you get a youth player through its normally because you need that certain position filled or are light on it and if you keep demoting them it will keep producing them hence why they are all terrible as its not always a regen it will be a random generated player like a greyed out reserve

Do you have a very small first team? This does tend to provoke new youth players to appear at your club. If not I'll have a deeper look into this.

It is a small first team - 11 players + all 7 subs plus a couple of others. I always tend to keep a small team for the first couple of seasons. However, I have noticed that this only happens when playing in Portugal (both FMH 2015 and 2014) - when playing in say Belgium, Germany or Wales, I only get 2-3 youth players promoted, even when I have small first team.

Its very annoying having a reserve team filled with useless players (in a couple of saves in FMH2014 it actually filled up my whole reserve team and I couldn't demote any more players), and more importantly there is a question of wages as well. Whilst $80-$130 pw for a player may not be much, having 40 of them takes at least $3200 pw out of my wage budget, and when you have a total budget just over $20k pw this takes a large chunk out of it.

Forty? Really? That's nuts. I've had a half dozen this season, which is the most I've ever had. I have a straightforward policy - if they have the dreaded low stamina (under 9, and more than 3 points less than their strength, I release them. Otherwise I send them on loan unless they have an even spread and very little brown, in which case I give them the odd sub appearance or cup game to see how they grow. . I pick one or two attributes for the position - for defenders, tackling and decisions; for midfielders passing and creativity/teamwork; for forwards movement and shooting; for wide players dribbling and crossing. If they're in the brown in those areas and are over 18, I release them. If they're significantly higher than the other stats, I give them a season, possibly on loan. They do grow, and a lot of the time I've noticed that they have high teamwork - so if you have a need for a backup, or you're playing a low ranked team in the cup, or when you're already qualified in Europe, you can give them experience. trust me, a lot of the time a promoted player will punch above his weight because of the teamwork. Oh, and I always look at the personality - if they're lazy, or anything dodgy like "sporting" i dump them, no matter what the stats. I like "hardworking", "normal" or "steady." I like "steady" best of allhttp://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon7.png

Thank you! I took have been getting this issue and its so annoying. As soon as you demote or sell a player you get someone promoted and then the board complain about the size of the team. I've currently got 40 players and can't reduce it. I don't like having such a big squad either.

I have encountered a similar bug. I started as a small team with world class training facilities and a youth academy. In the beginning I was getting one or two players annually, but now in the PRM and probably getting at least 10, most of whom have poor ratings. They are an annoyance, I usually send them out on loan and let their contracts expire at end of season.

Archived