[FM15] Cyprus (to level 7) [WIP]

Right guys, been keeping this under wraps to save disappointment and to avoid putting unnecessary pressure on myself to finish in limited time, but now is the time to go public.

After a break of a couple of years, I have returned to my attempts to make the most thorough Cypriot league patch possible.

I am fully aware that there is another Cyprus edit in development, but both sides know there is no competition intended and that I wish Candre and Iacovos all the best in their endeavors. This edit is different to theirs in that it is focused more strongly on playability and depth opposed to absolute minute accuracy, but that is not to say that I have not put an insane amount of work in where possible. In addition, I have deliberately seen the distinction between a league addition/edit and a data edit, and wholly avoided player and staff data, considering it not my place or area of expertise.

--------------------------------------------

So what do we have?

Well, I have attempted to include every damned active league club in Cyprus. That is, every single club playing in every single domestic and regional division on the island. This means that, in addition to the four domestic tiers, I have done my best to include the regional tiers below (ranging from level 5 to 7, dependent on the federation).

Where possible I have kits, stadia, foundation dates and more for the vast majority of these clubs.

At a regional level, data is scarce and my knowledge of Greek more-so. I have done my best to include regional leagues and cups faithfully, but a lack of information means I have primarily gone for inclusion over absolute accuracy, improving when and where I can as knowledge becomes available.

I have done my best to do everything in the basic editor, for a number of reasons, and the primary drawback from this has been that the STOK promotion between D' and the regional leagues is rather simplified. However, once again, I have deemed playability the overriding factor for now. Additionally, as usual the Cypriot league system is changing at the end of the season; I have chosen to ignore this and create a system that works accurately and realistically into the future, again for the aforementioned reasons.

Where possible I have included all available history, although have yet to finish including this for cups or individual club records (as seen on the overview page) for C' and D' teams. This will be done asap.

What I need to do now is finish adding stadiums for the regional league teams (obviously the capacities etc for these are largely guesswork), finish including awards (may make some fictional ones for the lower leagues?) and perform a few minor tweaks and tests before releasing a build for testing.

All being well, this will be in the coming days (whenever I can find time between work!).

--------------------------------------------

Let's have a few screenshots, shall we?

TLetD3R.png

Lh5hSBf.png

BiU2M9l.png

Download link below

Known issues:

• STOK promotion simplified from reality. Some matches are played at unrealistic (higher reputation) stadia.
  • 'League History' in club overview displays result for second stage of A' Katigoria, opposed to overall league table. Not much I can do about this afaik.
  • Some awards not processing correctly. Possibly an issue when players aren't generated.

• Awards lacking for lower tiers.
  • Finances might need a tweaking.
  • Stadia conditions etc for created stadia need downgrading - teams in Cypriot 5th tier rarely have perfect pitches.
  • Fixture dates for regional leagues and cups may need changing. They are currently roughly all set to follow the national structure, which may not be accurate in all cases. Also with the limited numbers of teams yet only playing 2 rounds of fixtures, some leagues probably need to brought closer together. That is Oct/Nov to March rather than Sept-Apr/May. I'm looking into it..

I don't understand the error message. I can only guess that the Greek edit has in some way modified something to do with one of the existing Cypriot leagues with 14 teams required?

I have touched nothing in the way of Greece so fingers crossed it's not an issue with my file. Does it work fine with everything else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived