[FM15 Mod] Match Screen Kits Mod

michaeltmurrayuk

Football Manager 2015 - Match Screen Kits Mod

My latest Match Screen Mod for Football Manager 2015 is another simple change that changes the logos on the match screens into kits, there are currently two versions:

Version 1 - Replaces all Match Screen Logos with Kits this affects Logos shown on the Split Screen Overview Panel and in the Header.

Version 2 - Just replaces the Logos with Kits on the Split Screen Overview Panel but leaves the Logos in the Header.

Also if you want you can combine the first version with the Match Titlebar Team Name Mod to also have the team names showing in the Titlebar.

FM15_matchoverviewkits_headerkits.jpg FM15_matchoverviewkits_headerlogos.jpg FM15_matchoverviewkits_headerlogosnames.jpg

The files should work with any FM2015 skin, though for the second mod if the skin you are using has a different match titlebar from the default you'll need to modify the files yourself.

The First mod will also work fine for the FMC mode (first one won't as there is no header in FMC Mode).

Note that this mod doesn't add kits/logos to the various Overview screens that don't display logos by default it just changes the existing logos to kits.

To apply to your game you just need to download the file for which version you want from below, extract the zip file and put the extracted files into the panels folder for the skin you are using, if you are using the Default Skin then download the Base Skin, add the file(s) to that skin and switch to the Base Skin in game. (If you have the skin cache on you may need to turn it off and reload your skin for the changes to show up).

Version 1 - replaces the 'match team logo picture.xml' file

Version 2 - replaces the 'match team logo picture.xml' and 'match title bar.xml' files

Change Log:

v2 Uploaded 13th December 2014 12:26

- Version 1 - No update needed for the patch.

- Version 2 - Minor update to bring the files up-to-date with patch 15.2, there has been no changes to the coding needed to display the names, files have just been updated to better support re-colouring of the match titlebar if added to a custom skin that recolours the titlebar.

FM2015 MATCH SCREEN KITS MOD DOWNLOAD PAGE

(Both files are at the above link)

---

You are free to do what you want with this mod provided:

1. It or any skins based on it are not to be sold.

2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.

3. At least one of the download links is free to access and download.

4. My username is left as the creator and a link to my site is included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/ (unless included within a skin then a credit is fine).

How To Create The Mod

If you just want to download and use the mod download the mod from the above link, the below instructions are only for people who want to know what coding needs changing to create the mod, or are using an unsupported custom skin.

The files that needs to be modified are 'match team logo picture.xml' located in the panels folder extracted from the panels.fmf file and 'match title bar.xml' located in the panels folder of the skin you are using, if the file isn't present then you can extract the file from the panels folder of the fm skin located within the skins.fmf file. Copy the files into the panels folder for the skin you are using and then edit as below.

To Change the Logos to Kits on any Match Screen (Mod #01)

Open the 'match team logo picture.xml' and locate this line:

<widget class="picture" id="milp" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre"/>

And either delete it or comment it out (disables the code) so it looks like this:

<!-- <widget class="picture" id="milp" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre"/> -->

That's it the game will now display the kits instead of logos.

To Get the Logos Back onto the Titlebar (Mod #2).

Open the 'match title bar.xml' file, then to get the Home Team Logo back locate this code:

<!--home team logo-->

<widget class="match_team_logo_picture" id="HtLG" team_index="0" width="40">

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</widget>

And REPLACE it with this code:

<!-- home team main logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="hmtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="40" width="40" image_alignment="left, centre_y">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>

<integer id="get_property" value="htpc" />

<integer id="set_property" value="file" />

</record>

</widget>

To get the Away Team Logo back locate this code:

<!--away team logo-->

<widget class="match_team_logo_picture" id="AtLG" team_index="1" width="40">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</widget>

And REPLACE it with this code:

<!-- away team main logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="awtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="40" width="40" image_alignment="left, centre_y">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>

<integer id="get_property" value="atpc" />

<integer id="set_property" value="file" />

</record>

</widget>

And that is it you are done.

Awesome, thanks!

Can I use version 2 along with the mod to have logos with names and competition logo? I see that there are 2 'match title bar' files this way...

No as they both edit the Titlebar, you just need to download versions 1 and the team name mod.

Versions 1 and 2 are the same the only difference is that version 2 reworks the header to put the logos back, which you'll then overwrite by downloading the other mod, so it's just easier to download version 1 and not have to worry about overwriting files when adding the team name mod. If you really want to you can download version 1 and then apply the team name mod but that is just pointless as it will look the same as version 1 with the team names mod.

Michael

I have tried looking at code and editing the panel you made to display kits on the match screen but I cant seem to get the kits to get larger.....any suggestions please?

I was just going to ask Mr Murray the same question.....

Michael

I have tried looking at code and editing the panel you made to display kits on the match screen but I cant seem to get the kits to get larger.....any suggestions please?

Kit/Logo size on the Overview screens are controlled by the various match incident files, instructions from FM14 should still hopefully work. Titlebar images are adjusted by the match titlebar file and should just be a case of editing the values as shown in the example code above.

Kit/Logo size on the Overview screens are controlled by the various match incident files, instructions from FM14 should still hopefully work. Titlebar images are adjusted by the match titlebar file and should just be a case of editing the values as shown in the example code above.

Thank you!!

The Kits/Logos on the Split View Overview Screen are controlled by 'match incidents small.xml' located in the panels folder, locate this code:

<widget class="table" id="tntb" layout="
,-60,-15" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows" auto_size_rows="true" stretch_to_fit_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<list id="column_properties">

<record index="0" auto_size="all" />

<record index="1" size="18" alignment="left,centre_y" />

<record index="2" alignment="right,centre_y" size="18" />

</list>

<list id="column_display_properties">

<record index="0" alignment="centre" />

<record index="2" right="8" />

</list>

<!-- stick the icon widget here -->

<container height="
" width="
" col="0" row="0">

And adjust the bold red values, for best results keep the value on the top row ~20 pixels greater than the values in the bottom row - bottom row controls actual height of logo/kits top row controls the container space.

It also doesn't matter whether you are displaying kits or logos changes are the same.

If you using a different overview screen you may need to edit a different incidents file, but the general coding should be roughly the same.

Whilst font sizes (team name, score) are controlled by those size="18" codes.

Using the Scorpio skin.....do not have a "match incidents small" panel.....a "match incidents overview small" is in there.....I've adjusted values in that panel without success. As stated in another post, when replaced with last years "match incidents small" the kits go away all together. Not sure what I'm missing this time around....thanks.

Thank you Michael.....nothing extracts, I go in one big circle with the resource archiver.......so I'll piece it together from other skins 'til I get it right I guess...

Update:Resolved a long time ago..thx

• 4 weeks later...

Files have been updated for patch 15.2, only a minor update to add recolouring code support;

- Version 1 - No update needed for the patch.

- Version 2 - Minor update to bring the files up-to-date with patch 15.2, there has been no changes to the coding needed to display the names, files have just been updated to better support re-colouring of the match titlebar if added to a custom skin that recolours the titlebar.

Yes they will work for both of the Alternative skins (well the header one won't in fmc skins as they don't have a header). [Older one of version 2 should work fine aswell as the Alternative skin still has the same dark match header, it's mainly incase someone makes a custom skin with a light match screen header]

Michael, im struggling here..

I want kits on the inbetween highlights panel and logos on the match title bar.

Thing is I'm using a modified skin where the continue button is in the side bar.

When I download your mod, the continue button disapprears when I go into a match from my match title bar..

Michael, im struggling here..

I want kits on the inbetween highlights panel and logos on the match title bar.

Thing is I'm using a modified skin where the continue button is in the side bar.

When I download your mod, the continue button disapprears when I go into a match from my match title bar..

The custom skin you are using likely has it's own match titlebar.xml file instead of copying this one over and overwriting the one from the skin you will instead need to modify the file included with the skin, instructions on how to do this are in the second post, though you may need to tweak the instructions depending on what coding the skinner has changed.

• 5 weeks later...

michaeltmurrayuk

I'm sorry I called names.

Anyway, I did q supposed to do .. I created a "skin" folder, right ne?

Documents> Sports Interactive> Football Manager 2015> skins

Once you have created the "skin" folder, I have to download a skin to my taste, right? I downloaded the "base dark_2015" and put in the "skin" folder.

Am I correct?

Then I downloaded the 2 files to make the change that you disponibizou.

I downloaded version 2 (fm15_matchkits_headerlogos).

In this file came two XML files, right?

If I am correct so far, what to do now?

Yes then inside the base_dark2015 folder you need to create a new folder called panels once you have done that put the extracted xml files from the fm15_matchkits_headerlogos download into that newly created panels folder.

Then load up the game and from the Preferences menu change your skin to the Dark Base Skin 2015 and the changes should apply.

No.

If you haven't changed your Saving Location then browse to Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2015 (if you have moved your saving location then browse to where you moved it).

Inside the Football Manager 2015 should be a list of folders games, tactics, uploads etc... among those folders should be a skins folder.

If the skins folder exists open it, if the folder doesn't exist run the game and then exit and the game will create the folder for you.

Inside this folder you put the extracted base_dark2015 folder

Inside this folder you will have a font and settings folder as per the below screenshot:

capture_002_10122014_221942.jpg

Inside this folder create a new folder called panels.

Now open the panels folder and copy the xml files from the fm15_matchkits_headerlogos download into this folder.

Load the game, from preferences select the Dark Base Skin 2015 in the Skin dropdown.

No.

If you haven't changed your Saving Location then browse to Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2015 (if you have moved your saving location then browse to where you moved it).

Inside the Football Manager 2015 should be a list of folders games, tactics, uploads etc... among those folders should be a skins folder.

If the skins folder exists open it, if the folder doesn't exist run the game and then exit and the game will create the folder for you.

Inside this folder you put the extracted base_dark2015 folder

Inside this folder you will have a font and settings folder as per the below screenshot:

capture_002_10122014_221942.jpg

Inside this folder create a new folder called panels.

Now open the panels folder and copy the xml files from the fm15_matchkits_headerlogos download into this folder.

Load the game, from preferences select the Dark Base Skin 2015 in the Skin dropdown.

I sent the link, you can see that the kits are not great .. are small.

You know how I can increase them?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yy1m5k&s=8

• 3 months later...
If you are using the split view screen then follow the instructions in post #15 above.

sorry I am new to this. I got the kits to replace logos on the split screen to work but I have no idea on how to proceed in order to make the kits bigger. Could you please provide some help anyone?

thank you!

Archived