Can't get into a new save, no matter what I try...

Really struggling to get into anything at the moment. Had one of those saves where I took a club from nowhere and turned them into one of the biggest sides in the world, before leaving in 2028 and taking over at Milan. However, as I'd already won the major European trophies, I couldn't find the motivation to win them again elsewhere and so I figured I'd start afresh. No matter what I try now though I just can't get into anything.

Anybody else ever get like this, and if so, how do you break it?

Download the Faroe Islands league and start with any of the clubs there, with the aim of making enough money to turn professional, plus getting into the Champions League. Hugely enjoyable. After six seasons I've not yet made it to the CL, but had a (disastrous) experience in the Euro League last season after losing the playoffs. That's a challenge for you, plus it's brilliant fun to manage in the Faroes.

This is usually a case of trying to get the good times playing even though you're bored of it now. To break it, you take a break. Itshouldn't be forced. Play when you really want to play, when you realy have a hankering for tactics and goals and bad runs of form. Don't play because that's what you're used to doing most days. Play or do something else, after months, even years, you'll want to play again. Usually during a transfer window, May or an international tournament.

Archived