Managing youth teams and reserves

Hey guys;

Just wondering if people have done this before, I'm sure there is people out there. But controlling a teams u/21 or u/18 squad to develop talent through your club and win trophies with them does it have any real benefit or do the trophies you win show up on the achievements page?

For example if I win say the Championship in England therefor getting promoted and I win the FA youth Cup; would this show on the page or just the Skybet Championship win?

I have dabbled with this in the past, but it really increases the time it takes to get through a season, and ultimately as long as your players are playing your time is better spent ensuring that the training you have is going to develop your players as best as possible.

Of course, the advantage is you get to understand how your young players can play without putting them in the first team, which can help you determine which players you may want to ease into the first team and how you will accommodate them.

I don't any more, but back when I had more free time I would.

I used to think that managing those games myself was a good way of breaking any bad runs of form, but now I think that's unlikely.

Either way, at the very least, it does give you more control over which players get game time and let you give individual players a chance to play themselves back into form in a pretty stress-free situation.

I used to play the U18's. Was always nice winning with them. International breaks ruined a lot of cup chances though, so you need to take the losses and just ensure the right players get the games.

Reserves I never bothered with until the youth were 'ready' and even then they jumped from U18 to the first team most times.

Don't think you get cup wins noted or league wins for that matter. I don't do it on 14, never really been in the mood to repeat it.

Archived