Hard drive woe

Evening all,

My hard drive and I are currently going through a tough episode. It appears he won't make it through the evening as he crawls to a halt and takes an age to do no nothing. Fortunately he has given me one last opportunity to take what I need and run before the screen of death. I have a current save which I've been on for a while and would like to keep for when I get a new hard drive. Do I just need to take the save from within game or is there any other folders I should try and take with me? I've managed to copy over some editor data to an external hard drive for the time being too but unsure my current save will work.

AFAIK you have a copy of the save game(s), and also you want to note down what version you're using, especially if you've edited it in some way, it'll only work on the new hard drive if you're using the exact same version.

Editor changes shouldn't even matter as the DB is saved within the file once you initially set it up. The only other thing you might want to look into saving is the hall of fame data if you're in it. Personally I'd try and grab the whole SI folder in my documents just to be sure though.

Archived