FC Bayern Munich II

I've got a game going with Bayern, and I noticed that Bayern Munich II don't have a league to play in.

I've got Bundesliga & 2. Bundesliga, with 3. Liga coming into play at the end of the season. I understand Bayern II play in Regionalliga which isn't avaliable, but I'm wondering if they will go into 3. Liga?

Does anyone know?

Some teams do get promoted to the 3. liga every year (can't remember if it's 1 or 2), so there's a chance if they have a strong II team that they'll get promoted. As far as I know, it's done via a mixture of reputation, strength of squad and randomness, I think. As Bayern will have a strong II team and they've obviously got a good reputation, you would think they would get promoted sooner or later

No problem! During my 1860 Munich save, and now in my Spanish save (another country where B teams play in the lower leagues), I put some of the more promising 17/18 year olds (4* plus) into the B team, because theoretically they play at a higher standard (4th tier in Germany would be like League 2 in England, although no idea if the quality is comparable) and therefore get more experience. This also means I can get them playing at a higher standard without farming them out to my feeder clubs, who have lower quality training/youth facilities. Another point is that the II team has an age limit of 23 (I think it does anyway...) so if they haven't made it into the first team squad by 23, flog 'em :brock:

Some teams do get promoted to the 3. liga every year (can't remember if it's 1 or 2), so there's a chance if they have a strong II team that they'll get promoted. As far as I know, it's done via a mixture of reputation, strength of squad and randomness, I think. As Bayern will have a strong II team and they've obviously got a good reputation, you would think they would get promoted sooner or later

It's a weighted lottery based on reputation. The most reputable team has the highest chance of going up and so on. Putting players in the team won't change their chances.

It's a weighted lottery based on reputation. The most reputable team has the highest chance of going up and so on. Putting players in the team won't change their chances.

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure about that. But I'm assuming the standard of the Bavarian league (which is where Bayern Munich II play and is the 4th tier) is better than u-19 level, thus being better experience than u-19 leagues?

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure about that. But I'm assuming the standard of the Bavarian league (which is where Bayern Munich II play and is the 4th tier) is better than u-19 level, thus being better experience than u-19 leagues?

No because if the league is not active on the game then the matches are simulated and the players don't really play.

Hehe, yeah I know. The "if in doubt use reputation to decide the winner/promotion/relegation" is a flaw of FM that's existed for years and years. I have no idea what the solution is, or indeed a better way, but it's frustrating to see the same teams bouncing between leagues for season after season.

Archived