Where is Rene Meulensteen?

Started an FMC save with a large database and all divisions from the following: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales, USA, Argentina, Brazil.

The problem is I wanted to sign Rene Meulensteen as my assistant manager. Searched for him, double checked my spelling, and he's nowhere to be found.

Why is this? He's a world class coach, recently managed Fulham. It's put me off starting a new FMC save because if it's not loading him, who else is it not loading?

He's not in my game either. I have many Leagues loaded too. I've noticed a few well known managers, coaches, scouts etc are missing from FMC. Had a friend who's playing the full version ask me to check on a coach once, pretty well known one. Told him I couldn't find him in my game. I guess it's due to the lower db size. I guess because you're a MUFC fan, you wanted to get him back to the club?

He's not in my game either. I have many Leagues loaded too. I've noticed a few well known managers, coaches, scouts etc are missing from FMC. Had a friend who's playing the full version ask me to check on a coach once, pretty well known one. Told him I couldn't find him in my game. I guess it's due to the lower db size. I guess because you're a MUFC fan, you wanted to get him back to the club?

No, I was managing Newcastle, wanted him purely because of his attributes. I was using a large database (there's an option when starting a save to override the database limit).

My starting db size was around 55,000. I noticed early on the absence of some more well known staff when doing searches. I've remained with my starting ones at Man Utd, except that recently I brought in a new Assistant who was better than Round. I guess on FMC they aimed the game more at players than staff, maybe, especially that you only have one staff member for each area.

he is there, he was in my recommended coaches, in Backroom advice on the normal one.

When you say "normal one", do you mean full FM as opposed to FMC? Because yes, he's in full FM, but FMC uses a separate database.

• Administrators

Coaches themselves are not in FMC. This might be why he's not appeared in your save games. Arguably he should have a high enough rating for Manager/Assistant so that he would appear. You can report this in the Data Issues forum. Thanks for raising this.

Archived