Retired players still on shortlist

I am in 2016 and I have found out that my shortlist is still filled with retired players and those who stayed in the game to be staff. Out of the 155 shortlisted entities I have 44 of them. Some had stayed on the list since their retirement in 2014. Anyone knew why this happened and how could I get around the problem?

There are no right click menus for those "removed" from the game, and no option to remove from shortlist for the now-staff.

Screen_Shot_2014_01_09_at_12_51_55.png

I have a workaround - you have to tick retired players and at least one active player on the shortlist, after that remove from shortlist option shows up.

Genius x2!

Thanks for the workaround, it worked just like magic. Though, I'd be also interested to know if this is something SI can improve... Or was it just my (and 9sublime's) problem?

I have tried using the aforementioned method, yet there are a few that are stubborn enough to remain on the shortlist. And worryingly a few who I deliberately removed, are still shown on the list visually.

e.g. I had scouted an unattached Vagner Love a year ago, removed it from the shortlist a few months later when he signed for a Brazilian team. And now I found him on the list visually. I clicked on him and he is not in my shortlist in practice. (please see pic if confused)

KP5Nc3Y.png

I have a few players showing the same pattern, and all of them have staff attributes developed whilst they are still playing. I am not sure if this leads to the mess, but I can't help linking both facts...

Archived