Changing the zoom %

Stevelcfc

You can sortof create custom zoom levels but it's not easy.

The zoom level is controlled by the ui_zoom_level.xml file located in C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\Preferences\version 103

value="1" = 100%, value="2" = 125% value="5" = 200%

value="0" = 95% value="4294967295" = 75%

Zooming in is just a case of changing the value to a higher number, however the zoom out options are more complicated, you can try sticking random numbers into the file and see what they'll do - some will respond to a value the game likes, if the screen goes crazy change the value in the file to something else and Shift+R will reload your skin, also save your game before doing this as a wrong number might crash it, if so just change the value in the file back to 1 for a 100% zoom setting.

• 1 month later...
You can sortof create custom zoom levels but it's not easy.

The zoom level is controlled by the ui_zoom_level.xml file located in C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\Preferences\version 103

value="1" = 100%, value="2" = 125% value="5" = 200%

value="0" = 95% value="4294967295" = 75%

Zooming in is just a case of changing the value to a higher number, however the zoom out options are more complicated, you can try sticking random numbers into the file and see what they'll do - some will respond to a value the game likes, if the screen goes crazy change the value in the file to something else and Shift+R will reload your skin, also save your game before doing this as a wrong number might crash it, if so just change the value in the file back to 1 for a 100% zoom setting.

I found the file, but it doesn't have those values. I tried to put those values, but nothing changed.

• 3 months later...

Hello Michael,

I found the right file! not sure why it hadnt appeared before tho!

The content is as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<record>
<unsigned id="valu" value="4294967295"/>
</record>

How would I incorporate an 85% zoom onto my skins with the above file as is? Which line would I amend please? :)

You need to change the number bit in this line:

value="4294967295"

Zooming in is just a case of changing the value to a higher number, however the zoom out options are more complicated, you can try sticking random lower numbers (the current value is the highest possible so only smaller values will be accepted, but not sure if there is a value set to get an 85% zoom - could try 2147483647 but other than that your guess is as good as mine) into the file and see what they'll do - some will respond to a value the game likes, if the screen goes crazy change the value in the file to something else and Shift+R will reload your skin, also save your game before doing this as a wrong number might crash it, if so just change the value in the file back to 1 for a 100% zoom setting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You cannot pick and choose custom zooms, you can change the zoom to one of the above levels by editing the value number in the above mentioned xml file, however this only allows you to pick one of the preset zooms that you may not have been able to set in game due to your resolution.

You can try changing the value to another number in the xml file but as a value of 1 gives 100% zoom and a value of 2 gives 125% I highly doubt any number will give you a zoom of 110%.

Archived