[MAC] Graphic Issues

Since CM08/09 and maybe before that i support SI Games and bought all the CM/FM games. They always worked fine for me, except for FM2014. The new 'look and feel', or usability, whatever you want to you use, isperfect. Except regarding the 'in' games. It just stutters, i can't imagine that my mac can not render a 'simple' animation of some players. Again, it stutters, it is annoying. Just got my mac back from reparation from the mac store and they replaced my logic board. So hardware shouldn't be the problem. Below my config. The graphic comes from a GeForce GT 330M 512 MB. Also i got a bigh def screen and the 128 Flash Disk can'tbe the problem i think? I did video editing with thing mac, and FM rates my mac a 2 star config? That can't be true can it? Who can help me!

I updated all my software, installed CUDA for nVidia since there are no driver updates for Lion as far as i can see.

Big thanks in advance!!

This is my config (its in Dutch)

Processornaam: Intel Core i7

Processorsnelheid: 2,8 GHz

Aantal processors: 1

Totale aantal cores: 2

L2-cache (per core): 256 KB

L3-cache: 4 MB

Geheugen: 4 GB

Okay this is a bit weird. In the prefer menu of FM i selected the option the game picks the right quality (don't know exactly what it says because the settings are in Dutch. Now it switched to a 4 star rating! Still got the feeling that i can get a 5 star with my config so the question still stands!

I'm sorry to say but expecting a almost 4 year old (its from jan 2010) mobile graphics card to still give you top ratings is not realistic. As said before if you lower the settings to medium or below it should play fine but the graphics demands of this years game went up quite a bit so dont expect great performance at highest settings because you just dont have the hardware for it.

My i5 2.5GHz (2012) Macbook Pro with Intel HD 4000 512mb (although with Mavericks its now 1024 as it takes it from the RAM not being used), 256 SSD and 16gb RAM has to play it on medium, any higher and it struggles. Your game sounds like it does the same as mine when I turn it to high, stutter's badly. Turn down the settings and you'll be fine. (or turn of some of the stuff like sky, background streets, crowd or even stadiums).

The * rating doesnt mean all that much. I think mine is 4 or 4.5 * and as I said it struggles with the higher settings.

I'm sorry to say but expecting a almost 4 year old (its from jan 2010) mobile graphics card to still give you top ratings is not realistic. As said before if you lower the settings to medium or below it should play fine but the graphics demands of this years game went up quite a bit so dont expect great performance at highest settings because you just dont have the hardware for it.

System req are

Processor: Intel Core 1.8GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT ATI Radeon X1600 Intel GMA X3100 128MB VRAM

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Additional Notes: OpenGL 2.0 compliant

I think my Macbook Pro tops that, easily.

In general yes it tops the Minimum requirements but thats not the point. Your system will run the game but not at top settings just as I said.

There is a Big difference in being able to run the game with the minimum requirements that you posted and at top settings. You dont have to take my word for it but the reality is your GPU just isnt good enough to do what you think it should no matter what the Minimum requirements say.

Archived