Inside Forward/Winger Instructions

Right now i'm currently testing a 41221 or 451 w/ a IF on the right flank and a Natural Winger on the left. My current instructions are as follows. My IF seems to be shooting everytime he touches the ball. He's the second best finisher in my starting XI so I want him to shoot. Should I stick with those instructions or take off shoot more often or am I missing one.

Inside Forward:

-More Direct Pass

-Get Further Forward

-Stay Wider

-Dribble More

-Shoot More Often

Winger:

-Stay Wider

-Get Further Forward

-More Direct Pass

Shoot More Often is basically the same as telling him to shoot from range more.

You're also telling him to stay wider, so you're likely to see him shooting from tight angles, not just from long distance.

As RTH said, PPMs could further damage this.

Also, it depends what options he has in terms of a pass or a cross. If he's an Inside Forward with an instruction of Get Further Forward he's probably going to have no options in front of him to pass to so he's likely to shoot.

Aside from that, what is your team mentality? An attacking mentality will cause him to be slightly more aggressive in his play anyway and he'll look for the shot rather than the pass.

I don't think any of these are necessary. A winger does what a winger should do, and IF does what an IF should do. Do you want them to dribble/shoot from distance/stay wide even MORE, then use those instructions.

Archived