FM14: Inter Milan - Shooting for Europe!

D0bi

Second Season

After losing the title on the last day last season I was hoping I could avoid that but alas..it happened again, this time Atalanta winning the league after a 1-0 away win against Napoli on the last day.

28m1xld.png

Myself, Atalanta, Juventus and Napoli fought for the title all season, with Juventus the first to tail off after 30 games, I was never actually top of the table but I clawed an 8 point defecit to a single point but a 0-0 draw at home against Sampdoria was in the end very significant. Juventus failing to reach the CL was a surprise. Atalanta were a machine, the co-owned Livaja was an absolute force.

Coppa Italia

Didn't care much for it, lost to Milan 2-1 with a weakened squad

Champions League

i6mg6o.png

A 100% record in a tricky group was great, lost 2-1 to Marseille away but trounced them in the second leg. Bayern proved to be too strong in the end. Pretty pleased regardless.

Best Player

Fancudo Ferreya finished with 31 goals and even had time to have two goal droughts mid season.

Transfer Window disappointments

A pretty poor window, lost Icardi, Livaja and Taider in the blind auction. Sold Guarin as he was poor; £8m to Zenit, sold Manuel Fernandes for £8.5m to Southampton, Sakho £20m to Atletico Madrid. Bought in Dembele from Spurs, Romero a CM from Argentina, Morata £12m from Real Madrid and Doria for £7m from Porto. Only really happy with the Doria signing. Benassi and Duncan will be first teamers next season as I phase out Cambiasso. Zanetti announced he will retire at the end of next season at the age of 42.

Other News

PSG beat Bayern 1-0 in the final of the Champions League

Juventus signed Javier Hernandez, Matuidi and Muriel (who cost £26m alone)

Balotelli joined Chelsea

De Sciglio joined Monaco

AC Milan have a strike force of Kalou and El Shaarawy... El Shaarawy wants to leave

Atalanta after winning the league reinforced their squad by signing Bojan, Saponara and Poli

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alessandro_Noris_Overview_Profile.jpg

I just got this player in my youth team and would love any suggestions on where should I play him or how to train him.

I'd go for a DLP. Or if you want him more advanced his dribbling has to be better

Also, can anyone recommend a MR/WBR? Gino Peruzzi is my 1st choice but is going to cost loads...

I got Wallace back on loan (you have the chance to extend it) and he was excellent for me. Otherwise there's Corchia (from France) or you could try and tempt De Sciglio from A.C. Milan who are both excellent options.

Also, can anyone recommend a MR/WBR? Gino Peruzzi is my 1st choice but is going to cost loads...

I wouldn't go De Sciglio. He's far too injury prone, thank God in my Milan save I have amazing regens coming through who are wingbacks. In a season or 2 will sell both Abate and De Sciglio. Both of which are injury prone.

UTT.............. Have a look at Cagliari's Nicola Murru. He's preferred position is a left back, and his overall ability will decline slightly if you play him as a right back/right fullback, but he can play both(both left and right fullback). And is an amazing player. He's worth £15M for me now and I'm into the 3rd season. Just train him massively on his crossing.

Great cheap Italian players after 3 seasons.

Elio Capradossi season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...2d380.png.html

Matteo Adamo season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...89eb8.png.html

Daniele Rugani season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...ba303.png.html

Alessio Romagnoli season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...c5da4.png.html

Alberto Cerri season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...af2cc.png.html

Nicola Murru season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...f3234.png.html

Andrea Petagna season - 2015/16 - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Pe...96d2a.png.html

Jesus Atalanta did well, who've they bought?

9 times out of 10 the amount of points you won would have won you the title, you were really unlucky there! How's Benassi developing for you?

They didn't really sign many players before winning the league, Livaja (who I lost out on in the blind auction) was their top scorer, they did sign Casarini, El Hamadoiu, Paletta. The crazy thing was, Inter, Napoli, Juventus and Atalanta didn't lose a league game from round 12 to round 30.

I have Corchia, he's brilliant and I'm currently swatting back £20m offers for him.

They didn't really sign many players before winning the league, Livaja (who I lost out on in the blind auction) was their top scorer, they did sign Casarini, El Hamadoiu, Paletta. The crazy thing was, Inter, Napoli, Juventus and Atalanta didn't lose a league game from round 12 to round 30.

Sounds like it was incredibly close throughout for you then (although everyone must have had poor starts!)

I'd have a go at signing back Livaja, especially if he's proven he can score in the Serie A with a lesser team. How did Zanetti do for you? When he came back from injury he was a rock for me.

Yeah, I think all of us had 2 defeats in the first 12 games, then it was just wins and draws up until Atalanta beat Juventus away in round 30. Oh and Benassi is doing well but he got a 3 month injury which will set him back, hopefully not too much. Alfred Duncan is doing well too.

I got Wallace back on loan (you have the chance to extend it) and he was excellent for me. Otherwise there's Corchia (from France) or you could try and tempt De Sciglio from A.C. Milan who are both excellent options.

I had no choice to keep Wallace? Admittedly he only played 6 games for me. I rotated Nagatomo and Zanetti down the right, and Zuculini played 7 times

I had no choice to keep Wallace? Admittedly he only played 6 games for me. I rotated Nagatomo and Zanetti down the right, and Zuculini played 7 times

I got a news item informing me his loan was to expire soon and it gave me the option to extend the loan, not sure why it didn't for you - that's odd.

I keep trying to persist with Bardi in goal for all the cup games (2nd season) but he makes stupid mistakes all the time, annoying.

Just started with Inter :cool: currently testing out 4-2-2-2 and 4-1-2-1-2. Just beat my reserves 3-0 with 4-2-2-2. In talks with Cerri from Parma.

Sacked almost every scouts, appalling stats and stupid wage. also sacked DOF as well.

Going to cash in on Milto, a year left and 145K p/w. Offered him new contract and he wants 165K p/w which we cannot afford.

Signed Murru on a co-ownership deal. Will cash in on Pereira next summer and play Murru at ML with Nagatomo and Obi.

Also got Vrskajlo (sp) for Jonathan and cash. I'm paying Jonathan 8k/week still but its ok.

john - Milito will accept lower terms, as will most others. Wait till November/December

Shipped Campagnaro out to Samp for 235k. Was going to run his contract down but he's on high wages so happy to sell. Only played 12 times for me last season.

Alvarez Balanta, Juan, Ranocchia, Bellusci and Andreolli are my CB's now. Have Samuel for sentimental reasons only

Anyone who has had success with Icardi, how are you playing him? He has been poor throughout the first season, and then the beginning of the 2nd season, and he has only hit form with a couple of easy goals lately since ive been using him as a lone striker. He does not get a good rating if he doesnt score (meaning his overall play sucks).

Belfodil has been absolutely awesome as a lone support target man, but he is not as good when pairing him with another striker either. Basically, im in a situation where i have to bench one or the other, and it sucks.

Juan Jesus and Ranocchia have been rock solid and their value has raised to 17-18 mil. Kovacic is fine but not impressive, while Alvarez has been doing pretty good as a Shadow Striker, entering unexpectedly and scoring goals. Taider is rock solid too as a box-to-box midfielder, he doesnt get the best ratings but whenever he is on the game, play flows so much better.

I won the Serie A (albeit with very little points due to very low competition, Sampdoria was my main competitor strangely), and i used the lineup below:

...................................Handanovic

Jonathan (WB).....Ranocchia.........Juan Jesus.......Nagatomo (WB)

................................Cambiasso (DM)

..........Taider(BtB)/Honda (CM)..............Kovacic (AP)

..............................Alvarez/Guarin

.................... Belfodil ........Palacio (P)

Guarin has not been really good but he was still rotated with Alvarez, while Honda and Taider were exceptional depending on the mentality i played. Icardi would get in for Palacio at times, while Milito sucked.

Second season, Cambiasso was asking for 100k/week, so i had to let him go, while Samuel, Milito, and Zanetti accepted huge paycuts for another year.

For the second season, i bought a couple new players and sold some i dislike on real life such as Jonathan and Pereira. The line up this year is:

......................................Handanovic

Peruzzi (WB).......Ranocchia/Doria......Juan Jesus........Santon (WB)

............Taider(BtB)/Honda (CM) .........Kovacic (AP)

Candreva................. Alvarez/Guarin..................Vitinho

.........................Belfodil /Icardi (P)

I splashed some 24mil on Peruzzi, and 15mil on bringing Santon back home, while getting Candreva and Vitinho for free. I also got Matic for 4mil as he is a perfect anchorman for hwen needed.

Things havent been going perfect this season, but we are there (4 points from the top, along 5-6 other teams)

I had the same problem with Icardi, he was woeful when he played, managed to score his first goal of the season at his 17th attempt (admittedly only 9 of those were starts) on the second to last game of the season. Started the second season better though and finished up with quite a decent amount of goals. I think it's literally a case of sticking with him.

I had the same problem with Icardi, he was woeful when he played, managed to score his first goal of the season at his 17th attempt (admittedly only 9 of those were starts) on the second to last game of the season. Started the second season better though and finished up with quite a decent amount of goals. I think it's literally a case of sticking with him.

Did you keep on giving him starts, or did he gradually start playing better? Because as things stand, i am playing with a lone striker, which is undoubtedly Belfodil's.

Did you keep on giving him starts, or did he gradually start playing better? Because as things stand, i am playing with a lone striker, which is undoubtedly Belfodil's.

I usually played with two up top, rarely with just one striker so I usually rotated my strikers. Generally speaking Palacio and Belfodil would rotate between each other whilst Milito and Icardi would rotate in the other striker position.

How has Juan Jesus doing for you guys?

Started season 1 great, then went off the boil as my entire team did.

RE: Icardi.

I'm playing the AF/F9 combo. I've practically phased Palacio and Milito out at the start of Season 2. Icardi and Belfodil are good as the AF, Longo as the F9 and Rescaldani as both. But I can't seem to settle on the best way to play Icardi and Belfodil. BTW, how long did everyone keep Palacio/Milito? I'd like to keep them, but on 200k/week wages its tough

Won serie A on last day of the season, 2 games to go I needed to win both to make sure I won the title ahead of Juventus... first was away to AC Milan, went a goal down but won 4-1 in the end... last game was home Catania, 1pt ahead of juve so only a win would do, drew 2-2 after they equalized in the 90th!!... lost my rag abit, looked at the table after hitting space bar... and Juventus had only managed a draw with Udinese!

Star man was left back signed from Genoa, top scorer was Floccari signed for £700k from lazio. I sold on most of the squad and replaced them with younger italian talent. Militio, Cambiasso, Juan Jesus, Nagatomo, Chivu, Samuel etc all left for a fee or free to get them off the wage bill.

I planned to go with Belfodil and Icardi up front all season, however, they sucked major ass! (as defensive forwards) so I sent Belfodil out on loan and demoted Icardi to a hot prospect. I played Floccari and Quagliarella (signed in january for £1m but with much higher wages than i wanted) up front with Leandro Damiao (£4 million in january) as back up. Floccari finished the season on 20, Quag scored 15 in the second half of the season. I also signed Simone Pepe as a back up winger and he ran the show, first name on the team sheet now!.

Start of second season, moved on more dead wood but been given a transfer bounty of over 70 million (as i reduced wages so much i think)... brought in De Rossi from roma as they were relegated, Destro from roma also, promoted Longo to the first team. Loaned out Belfodil, Icardi & Damiao. Also got Verratti, Perruzzi, Balanta, Hector Herrara & brought in Sigiruli (PSG GK) to replace Handanovic who Monaco bought for £29 million.

Set up for the new season!

Won serie A on last day of the season, 2 games to go I needed to win both to make sure I won the title ahead of Juventus... first was away to AC Milan, went a goal down but won 4-1 in the end... last game was home Catania, 1pt ahead of juve so only a win would do, drew 2-2 after they equalized in the 90th!!... lost my rag abit, looked at the table after hitting space bar... and Juventus had only managed a draw with Udinese!

Star man was left back signed from Genoa, top scorer was Floccari signed for £700k from lazio. I sold on most of the squad and replaced them with younger italian talent. Militio, Cambiasso, Juan Jesus, Nagatomo, Chivu, Samuel etc all left for a fee or free to get them off the wage bill.

I planned to go with Belfodil and Icardi up front all season, however, they sucked major ass! (as defensive forwards) so I sent Belfodil out on loan and demoted Icardi to a hot prospect. I played Floccari and Quagliarella (signed in january for £1m but with much higher wages than i wanted) up front with Leandro Damiao (£4 million in january) as back up. Floccari finished the season on 20, Quag scored 15 in the second half of the season. I also signed Simone Pepe as a back up winger and he ran the show, first name on the team sheet now!.

Start of second season, moved on more dead wood but been given a transfer bounty of over 70 million (as i reduced wages so much i think)... brought in De Rossi from roma as they were relegated, Destro from roma also, promoted Longo to the first team. Loaned out Belfodil, Icardi & Damiao. Also got Verratti, Perruzzi, Balanta, Hector Herrara & brought in Sigiruli (PSG GK) to replace Handanovic who Monaco bought for £29 million.

Set up for the new season!

I take it you are not a real life fan of Inter, as what you did there is quite a massacre of the Inter spirit.

izhTxS9.png

Pre season

vFKZ3LZ.png

Good pre season apart minor blip against Granada and Celta. Should have beaten Hertha Berlin in normal time but team was wasteful in front of the goal. Decided to use 4-2-2-2 as my main formation.

Transfers

IN:

cDPiEuB.png

Costing me 4M. Looking forward to see him playing in Inter Milan shirt.

The board is being gay as it won't budge on letting me sign Eder Álvarez Balanta for 8M and Koval for 25M (25M over 48 months) :(

OUT:

ndbbhKc.png

Pleased to see we managed to offload Diego Milito to Liverpool. But it's a shame we only managed to get 40% of the transfers earning.

Just wanted to bring in young keeper as current keepers are almost in their 30s.

You get Bardi back off Livorno at the end of the first season, he's on loan there. He has the potential to be one of the best keepers in the world. I'd recommend looking at the players that are in Livorno's team for the first season actually, between Bardi, Mbaye, Benassi and a couple of others that are there you get back a lot of future first XI players.

Just wanted to bring in young keeper as current keepers are almost in their 30s.

£25m for Koval is too much for someone who isn't better than Handanovic... as D0bi said you will get Bardi back from loan and he has a lot of potential, future Italian number 1 alongside the likes of Perrin who is really cheap as well and usually doesn't sign a new contract. I'd save that money for other areas!

MC on advanced playermaker -support.

Thanks, the fact he can play as a striker confused me a lot as to where to play him.

There is a keeper on loan in season 1, he's a decent prospect. Though I have Bardi and Carizzo still. Keepers go on a long time

Ah, didn't know we had young keeper, Bardi out on loan. Will stick with current goalkeepers and play Bardi next season.

There is also one in from Padova/Pescara (??) who looks semi-decent

Just beat Juve 2-1 away. Icardi in the 28th minute. Held till a dodgy penalty in the 75th to allow them to equalise. Settling for a draw till Balanta smashed a corner in the 94th minute. Fantastic

sold Kuzmanovic and Guarin for 22 million, bought verratti and halilovic for 21 million

will be playing 4-3-3, Handanovic, jonathan..ranocchia..juan..Pereira, taider..verratti..kovacic, alvarez..palacio..milito

I tried to arrange a second team to be better in rotation, Carrizo, Wallace..campangaro..Rolando..nagatomo, mudingayi..cambiasso..mariga/zanetti, halilovic..belfodil..iccardi

what do you guys think?

There is also one in from Padova/Pescara (??) who looks semi-decent

Just beat Juve 2-1 away. Icardi in the 28th minute. Held till a dodgy penalty in the 75th to allow them to equalise. Settling for a draw till Balanta smashed a corner in the 94th minute. Fantastic

Mattia Perin?

Also, on the subject of Balanta - has anyone else found he's a goal machine? Played 6 games of my second season and he has 4 goals; 1 header from a corner but the rest from open play, he's putting some of my strikers to shame.

Mattia Perin?

Also, on the subject of Balanta - has anyone else found he's a goal machine? Played 6 games of my second season and he has 4 goals; 1 header from a corner but the rest from open play, he's putting some of my strikers to shame.

Nah, the guy loaned to Inter - Luca Maniero

Balanta and Doria are goal machines, I don't change the set piece settings but whoever is my left sided centre back, he will score 8-12 goals a season from freekicks and corners.

Yeah, default settings and my left of 3 (Balanta) has done great. He was rubbish after I signed him in the January before. Slow to settle

izhTxS9.png

August and September 2013

6S203Sp.png

Fantastic start to the season. We was battered by Fiorentina but delighted to see the team came through and scored 3 goals. Disappointed to pick up a point against Udinese, Was winning 1-0 until 90+1 equaliser from Udinese :( Below par performance against Chievo even tho we won 1-0, team was tad poor in front of the goal. Destroyed Genoa and should have scored more. Great result against Lazio, hard fought win. Pathetic result against Catania, conceded both goals from corner and own goal from our own Esteban Cambiasso.

Table

vyKffi0.png

Pretty happy we are 3rd in the table :cool:

Transfers

RzohK0c.png

I managed to beat other clubs to sign Honda on free. Paid CSKA Moscow 750K to bring him immediate. Us signing him boost our merchandise. We also got an Japan feeder club, hopefully get a decent income via merchandise.

izhTxS9.png

October 2013

8TQ6GaY.png

Tough start to October. We was really, really unlucky to lose to Juventus. Llorente scored the only goal in second half to rebound off the post. Well deserved win over Napoli, Good to see Walter back playing for us. Played well against Parma, despite the ref giving them a dodgy penalty against us. Rested Honda and Cambiasso and played Popa in MC and Dabo in DMC from U's19 against Atlanta and performed brilliantly for us.

Table

KEmX0bI.png

Fantastic to see us go top of the league on goal difference :cool:

Transfers

S29quyV.png

Finally got Éder Álvarez Balanta. Costing us 7.2M plus 1.9M to his agent.

izhTxS9.png

November 2013

eFgqd5K.png

Almost perfect month for us :cool: Gutted to concede last minute equaliser against Bologna. Delighted to see the team only conceded 2 goals :D

Table

HYAQnFc.png

Sitting top on goal difference :thup: Surprisingly to see Livorno 2nd :eek:

Shame to see this thread is not picking up activity :(

Going to try a save on the Demo, just to play round with Tactics and get a feel for it before purchasing. Wanted to do Shaktar to try out a two AMs behind a long striker formation, but since they aren't available in any of the quick starts will give Inter a go.

Any tips in terms of quick easy buys to help out at the start? Don't want to make too many changes.

Anyone still got Palacio/Milito? I feel I may have to allow them to leave :( Sad times

Ezequiel Rescaldani however has been a bargain however.

Just lost my 1st league game of season 2. 1-4 at home vs Samp. 4 points behind Juve but sitting well in the CL

Archived