Is it possible?

Is it possible to succeed in FM13 without using shouts, without watching the games in at least comprehensive mode and not have to tinker around with tactics before every single game?

Call me lazy, but I cannot for the life of me play FM13. I can't watch games in comprehensive mode and stay interested. I can't get my head around when to use shouts and which ones etc. That's not the way I've ever played the game. I admit I used to download a super tactic and built a good squad, it might be lazy, but I don't particularly enjoy the tactical side of the game, I enjoy building a club from rags to riches, finding players to fit the system, producing young players etc.

I am not criticising SI either by the way, I understand majority of people probably do enjoy the tactical side of it. It's just I have tried so hard to get my head round it, read numerous threads and I haven't even lasted a season in a game. I realise FM14 is soon upon us, any help would be much appreciated.

Please don't point me in the way of other threads, I've read almost all of them.

Yes you can but if you don't watch games, don't use shouts, don't change strategy etc then you have to accept that you might struggle at times. The reason is because you'll be playing each team the exactly same way game to game and it might not be the best set up. For example let's say you play a 4411 and you come up against a side who use a DMC, he might mark your AMC out of the game and because you don't use shouts or watch a bit of the game, you'd not know any of this was happening. Nor would you be bothered to attempt to fix it.

This is a problem when you are loosing or being inconsistent. If you're winning its fine you wont have to change anything obviously. But when things aren't working you need to make them right somehow and this depends on how you play the game. I only play on key highlights and I very rarely use shouts at all. If I want to change anything I prefer to change strategy or the odd role. I don't enjoy the tactical side of the game any longer, so all I do is set up a logical tactic and play. I don't spend hours tweaking like people think I do.

FM is split into 3 parts, tactics, players and the media side of things (including team talks in this btw). If you want to ignore any aspect then you have to ensure you make up for it in the others.

I play similar to yourself with focus on developing/buying players to play a certain system. If you set up a good base tactic and are bringing in the right sort of players then you shouldn't need to change much and a simple strategy change or use of a shout might win you the game you should have lost etc.

I'm not sure what you are looking for though or are expecting from this thread as you did similar last year about using the TC for the first time. I'm not sure anyone will be able to offer any kind of advice if you've already read all the threads. Its more something you'll have to figure out on your own how to make the best of how you play :(

Yes you can but if you don't watch games, don't use shouts, don't change strategy etc then you have to accept that you might struggle at times. The reason is because you'll be playing each team the exactly same way game to game and it might not be the best set up. For example let's say you play a 4411 and you come up against a side who use a DMC, he might mark your AMC out of the game and because you don't use shouts or watch a bit of the game, you'd not know any of this was happening. Nor would you be bothered to attempt to fix it.

This is a problem when you are loosing or being inconsistent. If you're winning its fine you wont have to change anything obviously. But when things aren't working you need to make them right somehow and this depends on how you play the game. I only play on key highlights and I very rarely use shouts at all. If I want to change anything I prefer to change strategy or the odd role. I don't enjoy the tactical side of the game any longer, so all I do is set up a logical tactic and play. I don't spend hours tweaking like people think I do.

FM is split into 3 parts, tactics, players and the media side of things (including team talks in this btw). If you want to ignore any aspect then you have to ensure you make up for it in the others.

I play similar to yourself with focus on developing/buying players to play a certain system. If you set up a good base tactic and are bringing in the right sort of players then you shouldn't need to change much and a simple strategy change or use of a shout might win you the game you should have lost etc.

I'm not sure what you are looking for though or are expecting from this thread as you did similar last year about using the TC for the first time. I'm not sure anyone will be able to offer any kind of advice if you've already read all the threads. Its more something you'll have to figure out on your own how to make the best of how you play :(

Maybe I am not patient enough, I am going to give it a try until I get sacked or something. I actually don't think I am bad for spotting suitable players or the teamtalk side of the game just the tactics are completely throwing me off at the minute. Is it worthwhile making three base tactics as best I can and just bare with it? Maybe I could post the three tactics on here just to make sure there are no obvious contradictions in the tactic. I really want to get into this one because I feel it is the best for development of a club. Or maybe download a good base tactic and just give that a go until I get sacked. I would still watch the games in key btw.

Yeah I posted about the TC, I feel as though I have more understanding of it now, as in what different things do, but I honestly struggle to maintain interest when I am wathcing full games.

Just to back up what Cleon said, until I started to watch the full match I struggled. I was always very reactive. Now, I can see reasonably early where I may need to use a shout, or an opposition instruction, to improve my match performance. My enjoyment of the game increased tenfold.

Once you get the hang of it, you can watch the first 15 minutes of each half in full, then switch to a faster highlight system.

You may prefer FMC if the above ideas are not appealing to you.

In my opinion, there are 2 FM. I mean two different games, depending if you are using a big reputation team or a low reputation one. Oddly enough, the low reputation team can be considered the easy mode: use a vanilla tactic, play direct ball and just sub the players that are not performing. You might not win anything (you will have bad players after all) but you will almost surely surpass the board expectations and have an easy time to build a better squad over the seasons. Am i crazy? No. Is just that, as a small team, everybody will play openly against you, maybe even push recklessly forward, giving you a lot of space to counterattack and do whatever you want around the box.

The opposite happens when you manage a big club (or a small one with high reputation in lower leagues). The opposition will defend, close spaces, counterattack and use a lot of annoying tactics like 4-5-1 or 5-3-2. In this case, if you don't create a solid, good tactic and don't watch the matches at least in extended mode you are doomed to miserably fail.

This is the real reason why, in the forums, people complain because they can't get a single win with Liverpool while others reply: "Is your tactic! I have success with Swansea City!".

So, if you want to, let's say, just set a tactic from the preset ones and buy the players, you can. Choose a side from the bottom half of the table (as for media predictions at the start) and enjoy your game. You might not run for the title but nobody will put stress on you and you might get decent results as well.

of course you can avoid using shouts....but at least you should set the tactic for your game before you click start match....and that i feel need some variation for big games...easy games...teams going all in middle....teams going all out wing etc........i rely so much on scouting opp report and set my tactic at the start of match and usually enjoy watching games

Archived