When do player ratings update?

SSC

I've done a search and cant find a thread on this.

Basically when a new season is starting, is there a set date each year that player ratings will updated. Im referring to the 5 star rating system in use for FM13.

Are you sure? At the end of my 1st season with Spurs. Lloris, Bale, Walker, Caulker and Kaboul all rose in rating on the same date. Is that huge and highly improbably coincidence then?

Maybe you signed or sold a player/players? The star ratings are relative to the other players in your team.

Interesting, does that mean that a 2 1/2 star player for Man Utd, would actually be a 3 or 4 star player in a poorer quality team?

it does.

This has been discussed so many times that I'm surprised it keeps coming back (no offense)

it does.

This has been discussed so many teams that I'm surprised it keeps coming back (no offense)

I've only been on the forum since Monday, not been on here since 2010. :lol:

So another example for you here, Mr. Scout A scouts a player for Man U and gives him a 2 1/2 star rating but you then sign Mr Scout A to another club say Peterborough, he would then give that same 2 1/2 previously rated player a 3 or 4 because Peterborough aren't as good as Man U?

as far as i know the star ratings, also in scout reports, are always relative to the players already in your team

to over-dramatize: a 1 star scout report for Man Utd may well come back as a 5 star signing to a lower league club

look at it this way: coutinho would probably not strengthen barcelona exponentially, but he does give liverpool a massive boost (and i don't mean to step on any toes here, just trying to pick an example :) )

That being said, I tend to ignore the star ratings & just look at the players stats myself. I mostly use the scout reports to check if a signing would be realistisc in terms of what wages the player expects & if their club wants to sell or not.

What explained above is certainly right. I sometimes play a save with two different managers (two teams in different leagues or nations) and when I scout the same player I get different star ratings based on the strength of the club whose scout is assessing the player. The bigger the club (and players in the squad), the smaller the star rating of the scouted player.

Archived