Player complacency and idiotic mistakes.

I don't know what it is with this game, but too many times I find my players becoming complacent during pretty routine set pieces. I can count numerous times where I've scored a goal, only for then 5 minutes later, in the very next highlight, to then concede. That has happened way too many times, and over the course of a season I would easily say around half a Premier League season full of matches this would happen.

Then we come on to the constant bottling of 2 goals leads. It's really not on. Let's take two examples, the first with me. I'm Man United, and I face Norwich. 3-1 up, all is fine, but then as usual, Nemanja Vidic no doubt decides to stand still and allow a cheap Norwich goal to happen. Then from then on it becomes the typical FM game where defenders decide to not do their job and go out of position constantly. Yeah, guess what happened, I drew 3-3. It's just not on. A penalty conceded by Ferdinand. Yeah, okay, because a player like Rio Ferdinand with all his experience will obviously make the mistake to risk a penalty in the closing stages of the game when there is not enough pressure worthy of doing it, right? No. It wouldn't happen. Players don't react as they should based on their stats and age.

Another example, United vs Wigan. 2-0 down, Van Persie gets a penalty, and then from then on their defence is just completely gone. It says they play 5 at the back on the notification thing yet I can constantly break through their defence with the cheap tactic of run down wing and drill the ball in. I win 4-2. It just isn't realistic in the slightest. I've seen better defending from a primary school team, not gonna lie.

I try and try with this game, but no matter what happens, I just keep wanting to turn it off. It's such a shame, because the best parts of the game are without a doubt the managing aspect, but the gameplay itself is just so terrible and overrated I just can't actually play it. I try and play fair, but i'm sorry, when I constantly keep seeing my world class players making basic after basic mistake, you can see why I would be ever so tempted to just press quit and restart. I'll admit to doing it many times, and although I regret it, what else am I to do? Let the game be unfair with the constant BS which you just cannot stop? I'm not a sore loser, I just want a fair game, and I just don't get that.

The game isnt unfair because the game doesn't see you or the opposition differently. Unless you are talking about specific bugs in set pieces ( of which i think there are at least a couple in the match engine, and thus would affect both sides).

But the idea of unfair, doesnt exist.

Wigan aren't exactly known for their defensive prowess are they? Could be to do with having a low mental rating throughout the team so their heads lower so to speak. And if it is unfair, isn't football unfair most of the time? Better players than Ferdinand have made mistakes towards the end of games.

Wigan aren't exactly known for their defensive prowess are they? Could be to do with having a low mental rating throughout the team so their heads lower so to speak. And if it is unfair, isn't football unfair most of the time? Better players than Ferdinand have made mistakes towards the end of games.

There's a clear issue with low crosses in the match engine though, in that keepers and defenders don't react to them.

I agree that it's far too easy to score from low drilled crosses and the game can be unrealistic at times, as the OP pointed out its gone for and against him in games. The games never going to be perfect so I just take it that it evens itself out (pardon the cliché) and get on with it

So far in my save

Played 42 games.

6 games featured only one goal or less.

16 games featured either two goals in five minutes for one team or one team scoring within five minutes of conceding.

In some games both happened and in a couple of games one or more happened twice.

So of the 36 games that featured more than one goal, the points to OP raises occurred in 44% of games.

So far in my save

Played 42 games.

6 games featured only one goal or less.

16 games featured either two goals in five minutes for one team or one team scoring within five minutes of conceding.

In some games both happened and in a couple of games one or more happened twice.

So of the 36 games that featured more than one goal, the points to OP raises occurred in 44% of games.

Nice detective work....

Archived