How to qualify for the Asian champions league?

Currently playing in India in 2017 and having won the league 3 times on the bounce have only qualified for the confederation cup. We've now won this twice and still have no idea how I can get to play in the champions league.

Anyone any ideas?

I don't think SI have worked in a way for that to happen in FM yet (though I've posted in the wishlist thread for them to make the ACL more dynamic). From India, you could only qualify by winning the AFC Cup as it stands. It seems like SI could make the competition sort the top league reputations every few seasons and adjust the places based on that (along the lines of the European leagues, but "reputation" would kind of add the marketing and sponsorship factors into it). I think that would add a lot to playing outside of Europe.

I think it does, but SI hasn't paid much attention to Asia. In FM 12, I made a Database for Bangladesh. Bangladesh had no spot for any Continental Competition. When I auto ran it on Vacation, Bangladesh got a spot for President's Cup a year later. Within the next 23 years, the cup remained in Bangladesh for 18 years consecutively. One team winning it 15 times. Despite that, Bangladesh didn't get a spot for Confederation Cup. The national team was in the last qualification stage for World Cup 2034 and won the Asian Challenge Cup and Asian Games once.

Yeah, I've made databases for a bunch of Arab nations (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, and Qatar, among others), and holidayed to 2022 to test them. Kuwaiti clubs have dominated the AFC Cup, with the top league's reputation rising to 7th (just behind the Saudi Professional League and the Qatari Stars League and ahead of the UAE's). Good regens are being produced, but they still only have two spots in the AFC Cup.

Archived