FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

I am trying to get him but he is bloody exspensive.

BB how do you set youre corners? Near post?

will most likely do that although it really doesn't work that well for me as when i score from corners they are usally ruled out for a foul

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

Lovin it, The Hunter icon_cool.gif

naamloosre3.th.jpg

how did you manage to get those logos on the game if you don't mind me asking?

also has anyone found Niklas Barkroth?

looks fb at 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded the logo's here: Click

Also found that Niklas Barkroth guy, plays at Gotenborg and looks FBBB

naamloosqz4.th.jpg

Originally posted by Titi 14:

think his stats r random hes rubbish on my game any 1 found breno? 17yo he look amazing

Breno does indeed look pretty good but with the great DCs arsenal have is he really needed?

although saying that i will be selling Gallas and getting the beast of a man in Christopher Samba icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Titi 14:

think his stats r random hes rubbish on my game any 1 found breno? 17yo he look amazing

Breno does indeed look pretty good but with the great DCs arsenal have is he really needed?

although saying that i will be selling Gallas and getting the beast of a man in Christopher Samba icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

samba really good enuff to replace gallas in the first team then? hee looks good but not quite for arsenals first team?

Originally posted by Titi 14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Titi 14:

although saying that i will be selling Gallas and getting the beast of a man in Christopher Samba icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

samba really good enuff to replace gallas in the first team then? hee looks good but not quite for arsenals first team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 for strength & jumping

18 for heading

16 for positioning/stamina/bravery

15 for concentration/teamwork/work rate/tackling/marking

only 23 and costs no more then £2.5M

more then good enough imho

i know what ur saying about gallas i dont like him either so i am also selling him gonna try n sell him now but get him to leave end of season when breno comes in mite have a look at samba 2 if hes that cheap hes a lil slow tho but cant have everything lol

just signed Quaresma for 23million aswell icon_smile.gif

Why do you be Arsenal when all I see you do is sell top players like Gilberto and potential stars like Walcott and buy players straight away. If you want a load of players from Italy or Spain gone choose a team from Italy or Spain instead of ruining Arsenal. The new game has done quite well with the players to the extent that apart from LM you dont need to buy a single player to get success

Started as Arsenal today ofc.

Haven't actually signed anyone yet, although I've offered Huntelaar a contract and am bidding for Albiol at the moment. Can't really decide whether to buy a new keeper or not, if I have a fair bit of money left after I've signed a couple of players I might bring someone in.

Playing pretty much exactly how we play irl - Short passing, fast breaks, general amazingness etc.

And I just beat Boreham Wood 4-0! I rule

Glenn Crowe from bohemians Republic Irish league, he is unreal, 250k and a nice little sub striker,3rd bst striker for the arsenal. plus potential to shine according to scouts. finishing stats 18, pace 17, accel 17, compsure 20!!!

Buy him!!

my fav team is arsenal but not even i like all the players i think gallas is a ****** a bitter twisted lil tw*t what he did 2 chealsea was wrong and hes the worst captin eva also think lehmann is a total prat aswell and also sell him so sorry i'll have to be a team from spain

Titi I agree that Gallas is the worst captain ever and an insult to arsenal. Lehmann though has kept us in so many games over years that I cant believe anyone would slag him

hes lost us many games alsoi admit if he didnt make stupid mistakes he wud be a gud keeper but getting set off in a cl final or running out ur goal 2 get the ball only to kick it to u opperstion play isnt very good!

neway martins just scored on his debut when i beat liverpool 2-1 icon_biggrin.gif

Got the full game today; which means Arsenal time.

I'm starting off being realistic, so have gone for the "Title Challenge" budget, so that's £29.5m.

Looking through, I think the squad needs:

1 CB (brought in Ignashevich)

1 LW (getting Marcelo)

1 RW (Juanfran will do here)

1 ST (got Gudjonsen on loan)

Basically, all four of those problem areas have been filled for only £12.5m. Bargain. I was considering bringing in another GK to cover for Jens if he gets injured (or goes mad), but I think Almunia and Fabianski should be able to deputise adequately. I'm looking at Van Der Vaart, but such is the nature of the squad, I'll only buy him if I can get him for <£10m. All other business can wait until Christmas.

As far as transfers out goes, if Van Persie performs in the same way now as he did in the demo, he'll be off fairly soon (I gather Milan are happy to have him for £30m+). Also, I'm not sure how patient I'll be if Adebayor starts sulking again. Real Madrid are already sniffing around Gilberto, and as much as I want him to stay, that could all change if they make an offer too good to refuse (possibly £13m+ as I can get Makoun for £9mish).

Not 100% sure on the formation I want to use, although I'm faily drawn to the 4-2-2-2 that served me so well in my FM07 save.

Team:

GK: Lehmann/Fabianski

RB: Eboué/Sagna

LB: Glichy/Traoré

CB: Touré/Ignashevich

CB: Gallas/Senderos

DM: Gilberto/Denilson

CM: Cesc/Rosicky

RW: Juanfran/Hleb/Theo

LW: Van Persie/Marcelo

ST: Adebayor/Gudjonson

ST: Eduardo/Theo/Bendtner

Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

Huntelaar has been pretty good for me so far. Not played a lot but he's scored 4 in the 5 he's played.

Anyone else noticing some strange results? I certainly am, most notably Reading 5 - 0 Chelsea, and Man City 6 - 7 Pompey

on my pompey game i had Boro getting beat 7-1 at home by Blackburn icon_biggrin.gif

any good strikers otehr then Hunty? have 54M to spend

I must say that Aaron Hunt looks quite promising, with quite a low value too. Might be one for the future icon14.gif

Just saw off Liverpool at Anfield with a 2-0 win, Van Persie scoring both. The first skipping round Carragher and lobbing reina from 35 yards (icon_cool.gif), and the second a powerful free kick into the top right corner. RvP ifb

Archived