FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the first season:

tablewo0.jpg

2nd half of the season i had too many slip ups against the smaller teams, beaten by spurs home and away, 4-1 away.

Knocked out by Real Madrid in first knockout 5-1 on agg.

Knocked out by Spurs in FA cup 3rd round

Knocked out by Man City AET on away goals, i didn't know that was possible.

Games/Goals

Owen 48/32

Cesc 45(2)/20

Aimar 49/12

RVO 30(6)/11

Cesc won Player of the Year, Owen top goalscorer and i was 3rd in Manager of the Year.

I will have to win title next season as the board expect it.

Eboue is about to be sold to Chelsea or Barca for 10 mil, and i think ill try to bring in Craig Gordon and Mascherano in the summer.

Eduardo icon_cool.gif

10202007012443lp5.th.jpg

cracking start to the season with Rosenborg next in the CL qualifiers next with Hunty most likely getting his debut.

Might look to loan another striker as Bendy has now gone on loan to my new feeder club AS Nancy (a very very handy feeder club aswell) as has Song

end of the initial transfer window, currently played 6 matches for 5 wins and a draw against Fulham when i had Van Persie sent off.

Transfers in [gbp]

Henri Saivet [bordeaux 475k]

Marko Marin [Gladbach 950k]

Ever Banega [boca 2.5m]

Mamadou Sakho [PSG 500k]

Adrien [sporting CP 1.6m]

Marcelo [Real Madrid 5.5m]

Oier Olazabal [barcelona [925k]

Transfers out

Vito Mannone [Cagliari 70k + sell on]

Vincent Van Den Berg [Oldham 80k + sell on]

Alexander Song [Man City 4.2 + sell on]

Gilberto Silva [Fiorentina 7]

Mathieu Flamini [Atletico Madrid 3 + sell on]

Nacer Barazite [blackburn 250 + sell on]

Justin Hoyte [Man City 3.2 + sell on]

Denilson [benfica Loan]

Originally posted by tecni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by briancloughisthebest:

tecni william gallas is one of the researchers for arsenal so he's bound to be on team of the week every week icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif

The player himself is our researcher?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense... It's the Father.

Originally posted by Elmyr Dehory:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tecni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by briancloughisthebest:

tecni william gallas is one of the researchers for arsenal so he's bound to be on team of the week every week icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif

The player himself is our researcher?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense... It's the Father. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explain it... As we are speaking, Gallas has pick up three more team of the week award.

Tranfers in :

Omar Benzerga 240k

Nicolas Burdisso P/Ex

Christopher Samba 2.5m

Geoginio Wijnaldum 275k

Adriano 12.75m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Rafael van der Vaart 14m

Luka Modric 3.8m

Pablo Piatti 65k

Marko Marin 1m

Ever Bnega 2.5m

Igor Akinfeev 17.75m

Mamadou Sakho 400k

Out:

Gael Clichy 8m-P/Ex

Gilberto Silva 2.5m

Francesc Fabregas 19.5m

Alexandre Song 3.8m

Denilson 4m

Mathieu Flamini Loan

Total spent in : 55m

Total Recieved : 38.5m

What you all think ?

Originally posted by Jacketh:

Tranfers in :

Omar Benzerga 240k

Nicolas Burdisso P/Ex

Christopher Samba 2.5m

Geoginio Wijnaldum 275k

Adriano 12.75m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Rafael van der Vaart 14m

Luka Modric 3.8m

Pablo Piatti 65k

Marko Marin 1m

Ever Bnega 2.5m

Igor Akinfeev 17.75m

Mamadou Sakho 400k

Out:

Gael Clichy 8m-P/Ex

Gilberto Silva 2.5m

Francesc Fabregas 19.5m

Alexandre Song 3.8m

Denilson 4m

Mathieu Flamini Loan

What you all think ?

Tranfers in are pretty good but tranfers out maybe a few mistakes;

Fabregas is so good, maybe you should have kept him or asked for more money.

Clichy and Denilson great great potential, Denilson wonderkid so to bad you sold him.

Silva is old so good sale but you could have get more from him.

Than again I am not a class FM'er so this is just my opinion icon_wink.gif

How is it going in the league so far?

not done bad there mate wish i got Sergey Ignashevich i went to valencia on last day of the window n i didnt have time to get any 1else i sold gallas got breno coming but not till jan senderos is suddenly out for 4 months icon13.gif and toure 4 a month icon_mad.gif leaves me with diarra (who cant head) and my 100 year old ferry de haan icon_biggrin.gif who is acyualy about as slow as a ferry icon14.gif so i'm pretty much erm ****ed yeah lol

Tranfers in :

Omar Benzerga 240k

Nicolas Burdisso P/Ex

Christopher Samba 2.5m

Geoginio Wijnaldum 275k

Adriano 12.75m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Rafael van der Vaart 14m

Luka Modric 3.8m

Pablo Piatti 65k

Marko Marin 1m

Ever Bnega 2.5m

Igor Akinfeev 17.75m

Mamadou Sakho 400k

Out:

Gael Clichy 8m-P/Ex

Gilberto Silva 2.5m

Francesc Fabregas 19.5m

Alexandre Song 3.8m

Denilson 4m

Mathieu Flamini Loan

What you all think ?

Fabregas is one of the best players on the game imo so only to get 19.5M for him is fairly shocking, Song seems to be fairly good but thats a fair price for him, Denilson also looks good but again sold for a little price (and same for Silva).. Clichy is a very good price and getting Burdisso in exchange and good deal icon14.gif although i see you haven't sold any of your DCs so now you have Swiss Tony, Toure, Gallas, Samba, Burdisso, Ignashevich which is a few too many DCs imo.

Adriano for 12.75M is a good price and the same for VDV also some good youth brought in icon14.gif

well i'm playing

442 or 442 dimaond

attcking wingers

1 cm sitting back diaby/zapater

1 cm pushing up cesc

one striker coming deep one on the last man normaly martins on last man and adebayor target man coming deep

hope that helps a bit

Transfer Window Closed

Squad

10202007183238hf2.th.jpg

Transfers In/Out

10202007183313hk0.th.jpg

Results So Far

4-1 Vs West Ham - Eduardo(3) & a Fernandez Pen.. team played very very well gave away pen though

2-1 Vs Rosenborg - Eduardo & RVP strikes.. Iversen somehow 'Passed the ball into the back of the net' from 30 yards due to Lehmann being crap

1-1 Vs Wigan - Huntelaar beauty of a goal on his debut.. terrible terrible game at home with Heskey scoring for Wigan

5-0 Vs Newcastle - Eduardo(2) & RVP Hat Trick.. amazing performance by the team with Adríen playing well on his debut

4-1 Vs Rosenborg - RVP Hat Trick & an OG.. RVP on fire atm icon_cool.gif although Fabianski made the worse **** up of the season so far allowing Iversen to score icon_mad.gif

CL Group

Arsenal

Roma

CSKA Moscow

Domzale

Could be tough but expect to go through

£38M to spend in January with a bit of that planning to be spent on Foster for about 5M-6M

Mon you Gunners icon_cool.gif

Tranfers in :

Omar Benzerga 240k

Nicolas Burdisso P/Ex

Christopher Samba 2.5m

Geoginio Wijnaldum 275k

Adriano 12.75m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Rafael van der Vaart 14m

Luka Modric 3.8m

Pablo Piatti 65k

Marko Marin 1m

Ever Bnega 2.5m

Igor Akinfeev 17.75m

Mamadou Sakho 400k

Out:

Gael Clichy 8m-P/Ex

Gilberto Silva 2.5m

Francesc Fabregas 19.5m

Alexandre Song 3.8m

Denilson 4m

Mathieu Flamini Loan

What you all think ?

2.5m for Gilberto? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm still slightly regretting selling him for 13m

yeah i started again cuz i sold him and brought zapater who was rubbish lol also totaly messed up with my cb's so i had 2 buy sum prat on a free in closed seasonthen went n lost 4 games on the trot also brought quaresma n he was rubbish 2 icon_frown.gif

so in my new game brought saviet, hunt on loan, adriano, sergey ignashevich and trying to get palaico and going to retrain him for the wing

Pretty simple, I always flog Senderos off for(Pounds) 10mill to some english team, ususally get 15-20 mill for Gilberto(usually goes to barca) can get bout 7 for Flamini(Man city always want him!!!) Song is a waste i've never seen him do anythin good nd its very hard to get a good price for him. Eduaro was pathetic in 07, B interested if anyone can get him to do something. Always replace Lehmann first year,

Just reached January. Not doing too well but the league is really tight.

League

As i said above, not doing too well, but only 4 points within the leaders. A few games ago Liverpool were 4 points ahead with 3 games in hand over anyone else, just to show how quickly this table seems to be changing. Whoever wins, it's going to be close.

Qualified for the Knockout stage of the Champions league where I've drawn Real Madrid. Would not be surprised at all if I went out.

Into the League Cup Semi, got Man City coming up there in a couple of weeks. Will probably get Liverpool in the final, they're playing Newcastle in the other semi. Hoping to win this competition.

Probably getting rid of Almunia in the transfer window, maybe Diaby too with some big offers coming in for him. If he goes I'll probably be spending big on someone to rotate with Fabregas. Probably an AM RLC like Silva

After the disaterous crash on my last Arsenal start, it's time to have the game save automatically every month, and start again.

IN:

Marcelo (£5.5m)

Aaritalo (£100k)

Ignashevich (£Free)

Capel (£5m offer)

Cesar Delgado (£4.4m negotiation accepted)

Made my mind up to play 4-1-1-2-2 with the starting line up being:

Lehmann

Sanga / Eboué

Glichy / Marcelo

Gallas / Ignashevich

Touré / Senderos

Gilberto / Diaby / Diarry

Cesc / Rosicky (playmakers)

Hleb / Walcott

RVP / Capel

Eduardo / Aaritalo

Adebayor / Bendtner

Already ran into a problem: was a bit too anxious after a 6-0 friendly win and forgot to give a congratulatory full time team talk, so now everyone is unhappy because they feel I don't "give the team enough credit".

In the middle of December have brang in Van Der Vart for £17M and am regretting it now beacuse he is mainly a sub. Also captured Obertan who is still young and has done quite well and he scored the winner against Spurs so i like him.

Got knocked out tif the league cup to Villa because i played the kids and lost 3-2. Have got Crewe in the FA Cup and will mix experience and youth and will be playing Sevilla in the 1st knock out round of the ECC agter squezing through my group.

Clichy got injued for 5 months and should be back in febuary but he will have a fight for his place with Traore who has beena revelation since he's been in the team.

I sold Diaby and Song and Have Flamini out on loan to sunderland. Will Probably sell Senderos and might get another striker because RVP has been amazing and Adebayor is doing alright but Eduardo has 1 goal in 21 games and Bentnder is still young.

Any ideas what strikers i should get, the board have increased my budget for the transfer window and i've got £19m to spend. Also got ALex coming in from Vasco on the 7th of Jan.

Hey guys this is my first post in the 08 Arsenal thread.

Im going to do a January update.

Heres the squad/tactic:

arsenalarsenaltacticsss6.th.png

Transfers:

arsenaltransfershistoryxv6.th.png

League:

englishpremierdivisionlxb6.th.png

Absoloutely cruising in the league. Kanoute is been absoloutely immense even though he used to be a spur/hammer I love him(on the game anyway). He has won european player of the year. Gallas just got injured for 5 months and I have just sold clichy so i will be looking to replace him.

Any suggestions?

Archived