FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RealMeanDigsy:

Start of 07/08 season, tranfers are:

In:

Jeremy Menez - £10.5m

Alberto Zapater - £7m

Goran Pandev - £13.5m

Marcelo - £5.5m

Ignashevich - Free

Aaritalo - £400k

Enyeama - £1.5m

Adriano - Loan

van der Vaart - £12m

Samir Nasri - £18.5m

Total: £69m

Out:

Clichy - £6m

Diaby - £2.6m

Diarra - £2.5m

Song - Loan

Rosicky - £10m

Total: £21m

So I've spent a lot, but that gives me a really strong, deep sqaud with lots of up can coming young talent.

How much budget are we given?? .. i turned transfer budgets off for the first window ... when they gave me my budget they only gave me £32mil ... icon_mad.gif ...

Originally posted by Semper123:

@Ghoulalt

Yay a Bendtnar fan. His been awsome for me aswell, Hit abit of a goal drought at the moment, What instructions do you use for him?

Nothing special, really. Just have him forward, alone, set to max Forward Runs and Runs With Ball. I think that might actually be default since I don't recall tweaking the forward instructions. Most of the goals he scores come from running at the keeper and chipping it over.

- SPOILER BELOW? Maybe? It talks about the growth of the reserves. Don't know how kosher that is to talk about here. I'm sure there are a lot of you who would like to find out on your own. Then again, I'm sure there are a good bit of you maybe into your 3th-4th-beyond season by now...-

Bah, to Hell with sleep; time for season two. Pedro, Evina, Denilson, Vela, and even Fabianski start to become very nice, to my very tired eyes at least, and are easily likely starters next season if not now, depending on how your squad fared the first season. I'm kinda afraid to look up Song and see what I missed out on. If I'd known they'd grow so fast, I'd have held out on the transfers. Also regretting the HUGE sum I paid for Akinfeev because even Fabianski becomes startable. [According to my coach report, not much difference between them.] Maybe that's just my training set-up? No idea.

---------------------

Originally posted by jokanavarro:

How much budget are we given?? .. i turned transfer budgets off for the first window ... when they gave me my budget they only gave me £32mil ... icon_mad.gif ...

Well, it's pretty easy to get Arsenal's starting incoming transfers to be quite high. As I recall, the Arsenal board give you about double what your team actually requires in P/W salary for season and that can be converted into bulk transfer money. You can start with 25-32mil GBP, and I think I remember ther emight being one option higher than that...plus with 21 million he had come in, that's quite a nice budget. Of course, don't forget, I don't believe those 'installment plans' actually come out of your budget either.

Edit: Sorry for the quick addition, but I don't see that I can edit my post. Toying with my current budget and I can turn 400k GBP a week into 21million in bulk transfer funds. In my second season, that still leaves me about 400k p/w in salary money.

Originally posted by Semper123:

Spent big then, Knoc.

Whose your first choice keeper? Leh/fab?

You sending Bendtner out onloan?

Contemplating buying Akinfeev atm, if that's not successful I'll use Lehmann, and give Fabianski a few games here and there.

I'll probably sell Bendtner, I don't think he'll ever get to play regularly so I might as well get rid of him now. I could send him out on loan for a season hoping he'll gain a bit of value, but I cba tbh.

Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

reject / reject icon14.gif

also finally getting a keeper \o/ and signed Roman for £1.8M icon_cool.gif

Is Adriano not any good then? Must admit I found that hard to turn down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just a fatter more inconsistant version of Ade

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RealMeanDigsy:

Start of 07/08 season, tranfers are:

In:

Jeremy Menez - £10.5m

Alberto Zapater - £7m

Goran Pandev - £13.5m

Marcelo - £5.5m

Ignashevich - Free

Aaritalo - £400k

Enyeama - £1.5m

Adriano - Loan

van der Vaart - £12m

Samir Nasri - £18.5m

Total: £69m

Out:

Clichy - £6m

Diaby - £2.6m

Diarra - £2.5m

Song - Loan

Rosicky - £10m

Total: £21m

So I've spent a lot, but that gives me a really strong, deep sqaud with lots of up can coming young talent.

How much budget are we given?? .. i turned transfer budgets off for the first window ... when they gave me my budget they only gave me £32mil ... icon_mad.gif ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't remember exactly mate, depends on what wager budget you get up to and how well you aim to finish - I got £49m anyway, then got some more as I tweaked the wage allowance again.

i tryed for Akinfeev they wanted 17mil tho so thought better of it mite go 4 be foster when hes fit, just found a good lil player

dean bouzanis in the liverpool u18's my scout found him says he has the pa to be better than lehmann but thats not hard lol hes only 16 2 hes coming the jan tranfers window jan 09 that is icon_frown.gif i have 2 put up with lehmann i guess god help me

yeah i'll give fab a few games here and there dont think hes ready 4 first team yet tho

when u look at lehmanns stats hes actualy pretty gud in fact he wud be 1 of the top 5 keepers on the game at the start if he didnt go crazy every other game lol

I've stalled it for now lol ... i dont have any back up icon_razz.gif ... could someone give me some recommendations please ... preferably not cup tied for the Champions league ...

my formation was constantly leaking goals and the amount of chances my team would miss was crazy ... so i switched to a 4-4-1-1 ... working really well ... drew 0-0 at Man City but beat both Blackburn and West Ham 4-0 icon14.gif

Finished my first season.

Came 6th blah.

- Made a few signings. Defense just left some daft goals in, And i had Fabianski at the start too unexprienced.

- The Signing of Akinfeev saved me though! All credit too him =P

- Denilson spent the year at Juventus, which he did very well! So he'll be in the senior squad this year!

- Already i sold Rosicky to real madrid for £19.5m.

Looking for a CB, AMC, AMR, ST

=|

Who to buy? Adriano or Hunteler or Pandev. Been hearing lots of good stuff about pandev. I need one of them to partner vanpersie upfront and score tons of goals.

I suppose Huntelaar will be the best option. For one, he's the only one who's right footed of those 3. As RVP is left, not a great thing to have another leftie imo. Second, Huntelaar gives you the aerial option which Pandev doesnt and even Adriano isnt that good at. Third, he's probably the cheapest of the lot. Fourht, he's definitely the youngest of the lot!! icon_biggrin.gif

should i accept this? .. hes been pretty good this year for me and i dont really need the money ....

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/xadrianonx/Clichy.jpg

Definitely go for it. You do have a back-up in your squad itself. Traore has got a better PR than Clichy. If he isnt ready, you have Gallas who's excellent at LB as well. But that would obviously depend on who you have at CB besides Toure. Senderos is not up to the mark imo. Too damn slow in the game.

I ended up not selling Clichy lol ... and now hes unhappy ... i should of listened to you guys haha .. oh well he's got ages left on his contract so hopefully he will forgive me ...

And thats awesome business Semper123 icon14.gif

And Juninho was amazing on FM2007 ... i remmeber he got fans player of teh year for me and scored 30 goals in ONE season!! icon_eek.gif

Im playing a 3-1-3-1-2

GK

Gordon

LB Marcelo

CB Kolo

RB Sagna

DMC Denilson

CM Cesc

LM Capel

RM Modric

CAM Nasri

ST Huntelaar

ST RVP

Ins

Marcelo £5.5m

Nasri £20.5m

Modric £5m

Diego Capel £10.25m

Huntelaar £10m

Gordon £21m

Total £71.75m

Outs

Gallas £5m

Almunia £2.7m

Song Loan

Flamini Loan

Bert £5m

Clichy £2.5m

Rosicky £2.5m

Hoyte Loan

Total £17.70m

I had £45m Starting Budget with saying id win the league and a few budget adjustments here and there helped.

League Position

2nd

Played

Won

Lost

Drawn

Top Scorers

RVP 7 In 7

Nasri 7 in 10

Originally posted by clonabanjo:

Im playing a 3-1-3-1-2

GK

Gordon

LB Marcelo

CB Kolo

RB Sagna

DMC Denilson

CM Cesc

LM Capel

RM Modric

CAM Nasri

ST Huntelaar

ST RVP

Ins

Marcelo £5.5m

Nasri £20.5m

Modric £5m

Diego Capel £10.25m

Huntelaar £10m

Gordon £21m

Total £71.75m

Outs

Gallas £5m

Almunia £2.7m

Song Loan

Flamini Loan

Bert £5m

Clichy £2.5m

Rosicky £2.5m

Hoyte Loan

Total £17.70m

I had £45m Starting Budget with saying id win the league and a few budget adjustments here and there helped.

League Position

2nd

Played

Won

Lost

Drawn

Top Scorers

RVP 7 In 7

Nasri 7 in 10

Im gonna be honest ... you got screwed with your transfers lol icon_wink.gif ... could of got so much more for Rosicky, Gallas and Clichy!

nice team though ... icon14.gif

Originally posted by zrd4nny:

Has anyone got a good tactic? i am 16th in the league after 7 games

i drew 0-0 home to fulham

drew 1-1 away at reading

lost 2-0 away at everton

drew 1-1 away at man city

those being my worst results

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9912044253

The tactic in that thread is awesome!! .. especially if you have a good AMC .. i use Rosicky there now and he gets goals for fun!

Originally posted by Titi 14:

ho much did u pay for Juninho?

10m. In 7 league games he's scored 5, 1 assist and 2 MotMs. Surpirsied at only the one assist, but that's probably due to me playing him on the left, he'd probably be even better in the centre. Still, any free kick is basically a goal.

Im gonna be honest ... you got screwed with your transfers lol icon_wink.gif ... could of got so much more for Rosicky, Gallas and Clichy!

nice team though ... icon14.gif

I know but i needed some cash and Rosicky Clichy and Gallas were surplus to requirements and i just needed a extra £10m for Gordon

Ill stick with Kolo until January we will see then.

Ive been lifted by the Return of Diego Capel for the CL Group game against Sevilla.

I really need Modric to not be cup tied i think ill sign a Covering RM in January as i lack there for CL.

And getting Past the group stages looks unlikely

A terrible freak Loss 4-1 to rangers.

2-0 Vs Rosenborg

Just Draw vs Sevilla

started a new game as the arse

much easier than the bcfc game i did where i was dominated nearly every game lol

anyway, transfers

in

quaresma - 10 mill plus extra ish after appearences (good player, really gets behind the full backs and attacks the area)

ignashov or whatever hes called from cska - free, just backup and he was happy to come as that, error prone though

mika aaritalo - bout 300 k, just a backup player

tried for akinfeev and he wants to come, but not for 18 mill!!

nearly got foster but he failed his fitness test obviously, which is a bit mad as u can still buy injured players cant you?

saivet wouldnt agree terms for some reason..breno i wanted, but sao paulo wouldnt accept any bids, same with pele

only transfer out is almunia for 3.9 to man city, accidently accepted the bid, realised its worthwhile as fabianski is a good back up and possible future star?

anyway i play

.........................lehman

sagna..........toure.........gallas.......clichy

....................cesc..........silva ©

hleb/theo.....................................rosicky/quaresma

..................bendy/ade...rvp/eduardo

with attacking play, focus passing mixed, tempo normal (1 step above slow) defensive line quite high against average sides, time wasting rarely etc etc

i use cesc as a playmaker with a free role and arrow going diagonal up to am position, silva the same with arrow going back to dm position

ams have attacking mentality and really attack the lines

defence is great, give farrows to full backs but they still have a defensive mentality

give rvp a free role, hes relishing in it assisst wise but having a poor time scoring.....ade is a beast but coming back from injury for me but bendy is just as capable as the target man, both score for fun

eduardo scored 1 goal so far, hes not great for me, might go for martins or huntelaar in the future if eduardo doesnt improve, anyone got advice for using him?

rvp injured for 2 months so i need a good back up, eduardo ok but i was thinkin theo? poor finishing rating but rapid as hell!

i also use counter attack, which works well with the pace of the side and technical ability

so far i won all friendlies against barnet and a weak side similair, monaco and psv winning that friendly cup thing

beat derby 4-0 away in the league and sparta 3-2 away qualifying for the champs league

should win the home game

need to devise a tactic for away games vs decent sides though

OMG!! ... so i rejected a bid from Inter for Eboue ... well i didnt exactly reject it because i didnt want Eboue to get unhappy so i put his asking price to £40mil ... Inter obviously withdrew their bid ... so next thing you know Chelsea have made an offer for him ...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/xadrianonx/Eboue.jpg

Cant be bothered signing a new RB so Hoyte will have to do as back up ...

Originally posted by thebigman1985:

started a new game as the arse

much easier than the bcfc game i did where i was dominated nearly every game lol

anyway, transfers

in

quaresma - 10 mill plus extra ish after appearences (good player, really gets behind the full backs and attacks the area)

ignashov or whatever hes called from cska - free, just backup and he was happy to come as that, error prone though

mika aaritalo - bout 300 k, just a backup player

tried for akinfeev and he wants to come, but not for 18 mill!!

nearly got foster but he failed his fitness test obviously, which is a bit mad as u can still buy injured players cant you?

saivet wouldnt agree terms for some reason..breno i wanted, but sao paulo wouldnt accept any bids, same with pele

only transfer out is almunia for 3.9 to man city, accidently accepted the bid, realised its worthwhile as fabianski is a good back up and possible future star?

anyway i play

.........................lehman

sagna..........toure.........gallas.......clichy

....................cesc..........silva ©

hleb/theo.....................................rosicky/quaresma

..................bendy/ade...rvp/eduardo

with attacking play, focus passing mixed, tempo normal (1 step above slow) defensive line quite high against average sides, time wasting rarely etc etc

i use cesc as a playmaker with a free role and arrow going diagonal up to am position, silva the same with arrow going back to dm position

ams have attacking mentality and really attack the lines

defence is great, give farrows to full backs but they still have a defensive mentality

give rvp a free role, hes relishing in it assisst wise but having a poor time scoring.....ade is a beast but coming back from injury for me but bendy is just as capable as the target man, both score for fun

eduardo scored 1 goal so far, hes not great for me, might go for martins or huntelaar in the future if eduardo doesnt improve, anyone got advice for using him?

rvp injured for 2 months so i need a good back up, eduardo ok but i was thinkin theo? poor finishing rating but rapid as hell!

i also use counter attack, which works well with the pace of the side and technical ability

so far i won all friendlies against barnet and a weak side similair, monaco and psv winning that friendly cup thing

beat derby 4-0 away in the league and sparta 3-2 away qualifying for the champs league

should win the home game

need to devise a tactic for away games vs decent sides though

Thats a great price for Quaresma!!! ... Porto hate me and kept asking for £21m!!

Archived